Gun control

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See, Duppin approves of the militarization of our police force, as long as he thinks the victi...target is crazy.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The article's comments on his history don't make him out that bad. He used dancing at one point and protested the Iraq War. It seems like he is pushing a few too many different agendas, and making guns too much of a centerpiece for them. Apparently he digs Ghandi, yet I'm pretty sure Ghandi would have failed utterly if he was armed and/or encouraged the arming of his colleagues.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Pretty much. There was good reason to think this guy would open fire on cops because freedom. I'm sure you'd prefer that he would've killed a couple of cops first, but not me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much. There was good reason to think this guy would open fire on cops because freedom. I'm sure you'd prefer that he would've killed a couple of cops first, but not me.
Clearly a guy with a history of non-violent protesting is now willing to engage in a shoot-out with cops because he's now protesting gun control.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If you want freedom you need less laws/rules.
In a society sans law/rule, the people are often less free since someone inevitably fills the power vacuum at the top of society. They are ridiculously free at the expense of those that they protect. In complete anarchy with an as yet unfilled power vacuum you're completely free to hide and run for your life as you scavenge for clean water and fresh food.

Our society provides a great deal of freedom through the regulation of authority and corporations. These entities would be more free as we repeal laws, but those over which they hold power would be less free. It's a zero-sum game. Likewise restricting my freedom increases yours (and vice versa) since I'm not free to kill/rape you as I like.

In the lead up to the french revolution the french that visited England (constitutional monarchy) were struck by the system of law that incorporated even the royal family. In France you could be jailed indefinitely without reason given for any transgression real or imagined. In England there was a sign adorning the gate outside the royal residence that said "Trespassers will be prosecuted." The difference was small, but very important. By limiting the freedom of the head of state they increased the freedom of the people.

TL;DR You're naive.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
isn't that the same guy that video caught him being framed by sticking stuff in his pockets while he was being arrested?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The funniest thing about that case is that she has Quannel X (probably spelled that wrong) on her side. Quannel X is a community activist who spent all last week at rallies bashing the Texas Stand Your Ground law. Now he's in front of cameras saying this woman did nothing wrong because she had the right to stand her ground. I mean literally, he had a TV spot where he was arguing with someone over SYG that I think he taped hours before the incident occurred.

For the record, from what I have heard, it was perfectly justified because he was swinging at her with a knife and an umbrella. The only thing she did wrong was take a picture and leave after she'd killed him. I haven't officially heard the race of either person, but I'm assuming since Quannel X is involved she is black, and he is most likely white. Though, his brother called him "poochie", so I'm not sure.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Couple things wrong with that national news article. It wasn't a rifle, it was a shotgun she pulled out. She didn't shoot the man directly. She fired the shot into the ground as a warning shot, after he advanced on her, and the ricochet bounced up and hit the man. At this time it is not disclosed as where the man was hit, but obviously it was somewhere it would be lethal.

This also took place in a predominately poor black area (3rd Ward).

After looking at the video and face value of the circumstances it looks like a good shoot, but I do not know how the law works with warning shots or ricochets.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Couple things wrong with that national news article. It wasn't a rifle, it was a shotgun she pulled out. She didn't shoot the man directly. She fired the shot into the ground as a warning shot, after he advanced on her, and the ricochet bounced up and hit the man. At this time it is not disclosed as where the man was hit, but obviously it was somewhere it would be lethal.

This also took place in a predominately poor black area (3rd Ward).

After looking at the video and face value of the circumstances it looks like a good shoot, but I do not know how the law works with warning shots or ricochets.
Dude in the video said she shot at him four or five times so I'm confused by the warning shot being the killing round. But who knows.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Dude in the video said she shot at him four or five times so I'm confused by the warning shot being the killing round. But who knows.
Yeah that "witness" is unreliable. He was probably there, but was smashed from drinking OE all day before the shooting happened. I graduated from UofH which is in the middle of 3rd Ward. Same guys everyday were outside of each and every gas station drinking out of their brown paper bag 40s.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
http://bearingarms.com/co-anti-gun-g...ground-checks/

You have to love the irony in this one. According to a report from KOAA, anti-gun groups in Colorado were forced to cancel a gun buyback event due to new laws passed by the state legislature earlier this year.

The law states that all transfers of firearms must go through a federally licensed firearms dealer who will then proceed to perform a background check for each transfer.

If Together Colorado, the group planning the event, had wanted the buyback to take place they would have had to host it at a gun shop. Then, for each transfer they would need to pay money and go through a time consuming background check.for every firearm.

Due to these restrictions the buyback was canceled at the request of a local sheriff, Joe Pelle.

Nice infographic. Didn't look up the stats, but sources seem legit:

Infographics_Crime-590px.png

43% of americans say they have a firearm in their household. that surprises me, and is actually the only statistic that i think is presented out of context.

43% of people participating in the census (legal americans) say they have a firearm. Also, assume no one with an illegal firearm claimed to have one.