H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
damn, there is like 15 zombies and a bear inside one of the 2 big houses by Romero's supermarket. I ran in there and ran out fast. I never seen so many zombies inside a house before. On the antidote server of course

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Game needs a better respawn mechanic, something similar to the sleeping bags from rustrust.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Fully decked out with guns/food/ammo/backpacks and was searching a town. Found a guy who I grouped with and we stayed together for about 10 mins. Then he mentions my mic is low. Soon as I hit ESC to adjust it, I got a arrow to the head. Well played.

Oldbased

> Than U
Fully decked out with guns/food/ammo/backpacks and was searching a town. Found a guy who I grouped with and we stayed together for about 10 mins. Then he mentions my mic is low. Soon as I hit ESC to adjust it, I got a arrow to the head. Well played.
Easy come, easy go.
Was a rough night for most of our group. Intropy lost his personal share along with the group share due to a shack raid while we were asleep after a all night to 7am cst world stomping. Then lost his and 3 others personal items after a combo of bugs, murders and whatnot. Later in the night we had 4 people in a jeep and 3 hop out to look at a map and a guy runs up hops in screaming this jeep is mine now fuckers, losing a fraction of our battery/plug supplies, but no deaths at least.

As a update to the earlier suggestions I made, the police station is just a murder fest 24/7 and spawn rate is not worth the risk. It is fun however to sit up on the hill behind it and listen to gun shots ring out every few minutes. You know people are dying there constantly. Z's and quest are the best loot/rewards right now. Most zombies around town and nearby in the woods carry large caches of loot from killed players.

Item security is best from shack with a chest and logged out alts. Personally I have enough backpacks, knives, food and drink at any one time for 5 deaths. It is best to wander the world with a bow/knife and pack. If you get more than that, store it, less replenish the 3 things. People still complain on loot but I find most things I need with exception of ammo/guns in about any house/apartment building. 1 house last night after a death had a pack, knife, axe, 2 shirts, can of food and a hat in it. Clothing can be hard to spot , and impossible at night but makes good bandages/other items scrapped down. If you have scrap metal/cloth stowed away you are always 10 steps ahead of 80% of the people.

The map Skanda posted is very valuable printed out. I wish it allowed editing but I just make notes on it.

As for the state of the game, Thursday was a nightmare. Many things gave it a bad rep off the start including what imo was not a issue at all, Air Drops, which are almost are rare now, maybe 1 a hour and most of the time people can't even find them, the other login/crash issues which have been largely fixed.

For people on the fence but don't want to have as many in game issues I say by the end of the week it is going to be in good shape. Don't regret my purchase the least bit, but overall the game is extremely stable now and functional. The random fall/world deaths is the biggest issue I see now, which has only happened to me once but seems to equally happen to others as well.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Good Read Olebass.

One question: What's the population like on the servers? From what I've gleaned from twitch streams it seems pretty underpopped (Two to Four players in what would seem like a big city area)

Is this game actually an MMO? It seems like battlefield/other fps game servers to me.

Edit: I suppose I was expecting to see a Planetside 2 Adaptation of DayZ content on a much larger world with about the same population (roughly 900 active users per server)

Oldbased

> Than U
Good Read Olebass.

One question: What's the population like on the servers? From what I've gleaned from twitch streams it seems pretty underpopped (Two to Four players in what would seem like a big city area)

Is this game actually an MMO? It seems like battlefield/other fps game servers to me.
The population on Antidote is full. However it is a fairly large map, taking you 15-20 minutes in a straight line to cross any one direction from the other, so 200 people spread out in that. In Pleasant Valley city at any one time I would guess 20-25 people are in it. Some you will see, some hide and wait for a catch/ambush you don't.

It is like Battlefield, but with crafting, housing and no end timer/objection other than trying to take what other's have and stay alive. Hundreds of different loot items also makes it more different.

For me and our group doesn't do nearly enough of it at times, the most fun is the interaction. Nothing like firing a shotgun over someones head and tell them in real voice sing or die.
Or as Jimmy Wisenhunt from SoE puts it, social interaction.
H1Z1 Dev Adventures PT.5 - - YouTube

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I can agree with you on the social interaction point. A lot of the streams I watched this weekend were just straight up fucking with everyone.

I thought it was pretty entertaining to watch to be honest. Not that many games really function quite like that these days.

One guy gathered a crowd into a church and gave a speech and then they went out to make bows and he found a pistol with ammo and systematically took each of them out while they were busy with something else. It was pretty hilarious.

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah I can agree with you on the social interaction point. A lot of the streams I watched this weekend were just straight up fucking with everyone.

I thought it was pretty entertaining to watch to be honest. Not that many games really function quite like that these days.

One guy gathered a crowd into a church and gave a speech and then they went out to make bows and he found a pistol with ammo and systematically took each of them out while they were busy with something else. It was pretty hilarious.
It is why I am loving this game. I've had people I ran around with for hours in this game talking to each other in voice, building trust, protecting each other only to find a shirt and have him say, Dude-hey man is that shirt blue? Me- ya blue. WHACK.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but, I honestly don't want to play on PvP servers any more.

I've been playing as a carebear on Redmoon PvE server and really enjoying it. The zombies and wildlife are enough of a concern/challenge/annoyance for me.

I know that if I'm enjoying PvE this much now during alpha, it will only get better as mob AI improve and Sony addresses concerns players have over "shoot on sight" mentality. There's not much they can do but I think since it's Sony they will not want to kill accessibility for players like me.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but, I honestly don't want to play on PvP servers any more.

I've been playing as a carebear on Redmoon PvE server and really enjoying it. The zombies and wildlife are enough of a concern/challenge/annoyance for me.

I know that if I'm enjoying PvE this much now during alpha, it will only get better as mob AI improve and Sony addresses concerns players have over "shoot on sight" mentality. There's not much they can do but I think since it's Sony they will not want to kill accessibility for players like me.
Nothing wrong with that, especially right now with some issues still ongoing with combat.
Personally I think they need to add riot gear or something to the game which would help stop the 25% who run around with nothing punching people hoping to score some gear.
Right now for me it breaks down to about 25% who don't say a word at least initially and just attack you.
25% who try to con or distract you then attack you but are at least social.
25% who want to help/join you.
25% who just run the hell away.

Edit- Personally I couldn't just pve. I enjoy the option of murdering people too much.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The social aspect is want makes these games fun. After reading some of the previous posts, i'm glad to see people already beginning to be creative. This was pretty frequent in DayZ and about the only reason I played.

Glad I finally found the camp. Hated I died twice in the process and pretty well lost everything but that adds to the game experience. (Even though it can be quite frustrating.)

I"m looking forward to see if people start grouping/guilding up to go after certain camps. Should add another layer to the social dynamic.

I'm running with a couple of RL friends in the game plus hanging out in mumble. Didn't want to tell them anything about the Mumble or Camp just yet as I didn't want to impose. Are we cool bringing friends along?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I think all the interaction is great and entertaining, I just don't see this game getting out of a Niche market with how small the max active user limit is on the servers.

For Example: I don't see Tuco being able to get his group of guys to play ball in this one (simply due to server size and relative lack of traditional MMO player notariety) and that makes me sad.

I feel like if I got into this one I'd go punch someones lights out and steal their shirt then look around for a bit and log off and go do something competitive like LoL/CS:GO/Path of Exile (that's what I'm into).

Edit: The one thing that sticks out the most as disappointing is the scavenging mechanic, I've never seen so many empty cabinets or wrecked cars in any game before. It really takes away from the salvaging feel of a survival game.

Column_sl

shitlord
IMO, you just need to make a better version of DAYZ ,and you have a hit.

Not sure why SOE is even bothering with that stupid air drop shit for real money. Worst thing you can do for a new game is get it bad press right out of the gate.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wonder what a game like this would be like if they allowed 2500 people on a server?

I'm a little concerned on the server size stifling some of the creativity. However, I do agree if you just make a better version of DayZ you are going to make a pretty penny.

Oldbased

> Than U
I think all the interaction is great and entertaining, I just don't see this game getting out of a Niche market with how small the max active user limit is on the servers.

For Example: I don't see Tuco being able to get his group of guys to play ball in this one (simply due to server size and relative lack of traditional MMO player notariety) and that makes me sad.

I feel like if I got into this one I'd go punch someones lights out and steal their shirt then look around for a bit and log off and go do something competitive like LoL/CS:GO/Path of Exile (that's what I'm into).

Edit: The one thing that sticks out the most as disappointing is the scavenging mechanic, I've never seen so many empty cabinets or wrecked cars in any game before. It really takes away from the salvaging feel of a survival game.
Wrecked cars can be scavenged with a crowbar for metal. Sometimes it has loot inside but that aspect is missed by many that in addition to searching one, you can actually scrap one if you have the tools.

Also just logged in to check, our compound was completely wiped out last night sometime after 3am CST when I logged out. I had everything on 3 characters except 3 basic packs so I probably got hit the least of the group. I had spikes around the door so they just destroyed my shack instead. This time I will spike all of it, with barbed wire and snare traps and a landmine in it.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I wonder what a game like this would be like if they allowed 2500 people on a server?

I'm a little concerned on the server size stifling some of the creativity. However, I do agree if you just make a better version of DayZ you are going to make a pretty penny.
I am with you, larger maps and fewer server, more people. For now, I am still not going to pick this up yet. We will see how the game turn out.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Right now I'd say to not even bother driving, it's more dangerous than anything else in game lol....

Here's me last night, I had never died on Antidote server until this:

I didn't press anything, there were no floating arrows to hit, just a random glitch. I respawned on the other side of the map so no chance at self loot. Ah well!

Oldbased

> Than U
Right now I'd say to not even bother driving, it's more dangerous than anything else in game lol....

Here's me last night, I had never died on Antidote server until this:

I didn't press anything, there were no floating arrows to hit, just a random glitch. I respawned on the other side of the map so no chance at self loot. Ah well!
You had your seat belt on right? Seat belts save lives man!