H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It discourages the stupid people from wasting everyone's time.
Ok, cool. I had no idea that stupid people couldn't buy SC.
tongue.png

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Ok, cool. I had no idea that stupid people couldn't buy SC.
tongue.png
Smedre-postedw/o having it bastardized thru tweets.

Hello fellow Infected,

I'd like to announce a new feature for H1Z1. Player Servers. Similar to other games from SOE, H1Z1 is an MMO. We will launch with different rulesets and variants to cater to different playstyles.

We're excited about taking our dedication to letting you get a say in our games to a whole new level with Player Servers.

The idea is simple - If a community of our players wants to host a server with a specific theme or ruleset then we're going to do our best to give it to them. players will recieve a pledge token for free if they've played more than 5 hours. This pledge token can be used to cast a vote for a server. But use it wisely. You only get one free one per year. Make sure it's a community you believe in and that has a good chance to succeed because we're going to set the bar such that the community can sustain an MMO server (more details will be announced later). If you find yourself dying to vote on another server initiative we'll also sell pledge tokens but you can only use 2 pledge tokens a year max. So again, it's up to you but we want to make sure if we build it you're coming. We're also going to refund the station cash you used to buy it to your account if the Player Server Initiative succeeds. The Pledge token also comes with a wearable that's going to look sweet.

Why refund it if it succeeds? Simple - we really want to give you the kind of servers you want. We're going to set that bar high. If it succeeds, you've built a community of fellow players you want and as our customers we want to give you that. But we also need some indication of reality in order to make this work.

At SOE we've been doing a whole lot of asking our players what you think of our ideas. This is no exception. If you have better ones, we are all ears.

Hope you dig this.

Smed
After being told the idea has loopholes, smed follows up with:

I am not saying this is the best way to accomplish what we're trying to. It's a straw man proposal. I genuinely value and welcome other ideas that can get to where we want to get to.

Smed
Everjane RP-PVP Ruleset server. Let's do it. Save your tokens.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like the different server rules. The people that are turned off by total survival open pvp can have their own little sanctuary server for a more user friendly experience.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I'm looking forward to this game, I'm sick and tired of early access bullshit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Doesn't really bother me if it's like 20 bucks, I have zero regrets purchasing Alpha on Planetside 2.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
AnotherSmed Postabout where they are going with H1Z1 and response to people saying "This is just DayZ lol?"

Some cherry picked quotes, but the whole post is worth reading.

We're making the game we're making. Long term we plan on making this about a persistent world with a big landscape with thousands of players. The way we would like to see this roll out is much more like players building small enclaves or pockets of territory and hold out against a legitimate zombie threat that's ever present while others go it alone taking their chances.. These player built structures, forts and towns are one of the ways the players try to carve out some small space in a dangerous world.

We also want to make sure we have a deep in-game economy that is heavily dependent on crafting. Players will be able to become manufacturers.. sell bullets, arrows.. etc. The in-game economy will be entirely player driven.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It would be pretty cool if you could try and build a compound or camp around valuable resources. Like for arrows lets say you need wood, rock and feathers. One camp is near a forest, another by a mountain and one in the plains. The three could meet at a mutual trading outpost to exchange goods. Others could know this is try and kill the people to steal their stuff or die a horrible death in the process.

Probably a bit pie in the sky ideals but I see what they're getting after

kudos

<Banned>
I'll join a guild for this. It seems like it will be in everyone's best interest to do so.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in so tired of the random crap dayz throws at ya haven't played in a month.

I really dont get why something like this hasnt been fully backed by a large publisher yet. I mean this could be it , but who the fuck doesnt want to play in a zombie infested sandbox world where crafting is a large feature as well as player built structures. I mean , who the fuck doesnt like rummaging through abandoned homes/stores for shit while losing your shit when you hear feet shuffling as you glee in joy because you found a hidden cache of shit. Fuck I would love me a game like this , i actually had a huge ass design doc i was working on for just a game like this , but was at a impasse for character progression and late game for the PVE crowd and how to balance this with PVP. Also you would need a very large world where something like this would feel as epic as i want it to be and what would keep people intrigued for months/years to where they want to make that piece of land their home and defend it and want to explore miles and miles away to find that military base or large shopping mall. The fuck , getting all excited thinking something like this would actually get made =(.