H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Although the hackers suck, getting your shit stole is sort of the name of game - if you're not cool with that you're probably going to have a pretty bad time.

The main activity for our group is busting down people's shit and ruining their day. Yesterday Ash and I raided a pretty big base just the two of us. We killed half a dozen people at a player base sniping from the woods up on a hill. Once their crew was thinned out, we hid in the woods near their door, snuck onto their platform, destroyed their shelters and took all their shit.

I think everyone in the Rerolled group sort of acknowledges that inevitably we're going to be targeted for retribution somewhat frequently and it will probably be well deserved.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
1. Person A buys the game for $20 using their own money.
2. Person A uses hacks during their play session.
3. SOE detects Person A is using a hack and bans them.
4. Person A realizes they are banned, calls their bank and reports the charge as fraudulent, or with less frequent success, claims their purchase wasn't satisfactory and the company lied to them about the product.
Right now isn't early access through steam? If you do that kind of shit on steam, they disable your entire steam account. You'll lose access to every single thing you ever bought on steam.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably had the most gear I've ever had. Had a small little base set up.

And I log on and my character immediately dies for absolutely no reason. Fuck this game.

Oldbased

> Than U
Probably had the most gear I've ever had. Had a small little base set up.

And I log on and my character immediately dies for absolutely no reason. Fuck this game.
Did you have barbed wire/punji right up to the shack/shed or whatever you had? If you have the off ground shack/small shack it will kill you near instantly if you don't know what you are doing with ranges. You would be fine when inside it, but when you log on you drop to ground level which means it would all hit you.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you have barbed wire/punji right up to the shack/shed or whatever you had? If you have the off ground shack/small shack it will kill you near instantly if you don't know what you are doing with ranges. You would be fine when inside it, but when you log on you drop to ground level which means it would all hit you.
No traps at all. Literally just logged in, took two steps forward. Fell over dead.

Oldbased

> Than U
That is pretty odd. Not aware of any insta death bugs atm since they fixed the rock one. Even a cheater would have to be within 250 meters of you, looking in your direction to teleport/1shot and even then there is some latency/lag from the videos I've seen so that isn't likely to happen in the first 2 seconds either.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone want to give me some broad brush tips for what I should do when starting? So far it's been running around finding nothing of use and getting chopped down by people with hatchets and motorcycle helmets. Still fun, but I would like to do some chopping of my own.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Anyone want to give me some broad brush tips for what I should do when starting? So far it's been running around finding nothing of use and getting chopped down by people with hatchets and motorcycle helmets. Still fun, but I would like to do some chopping of my own.
shred your clothes, get wood sticks and make a makeshift bow and a satchel, then good luck. lol

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Intropy's H1Z1 Power Gamer Survivalist Guide:

PHASE 1:
Basic first priorities for every new spawn (10 Minutes):

1. Drop flashlight
2. Drop flare
3. Shred shirt
4. Pickup sticks, craft Makeshift Bow/Arrows
5. Seek out scap metal and additional cloth right away
6. Craft: Satchel -> Makeshift Backpack, Wood Spear, Makeshift Hatchet, Wood Bow

During this initial ten minutes you basically have nothing to lose, so you should attempt to kill on sight every player who looks weak/like a loot pi?ata. This is the best way to get loot, and more importantly this will help you to rapidly increase your PvP skills, especially with the bow which will help you massively later on (Phase 3).

PHASE 2:
Establish long term permanent storage (60 Minutes):

Next priority is to establish a permanent item cache so you can start building up a stockpile of guns, ammo and basic building supplies. Through extensive testing we've arrived at the consensus that ground stashes hidden below ground inextremelyremote locations are the best way to do this. In order to create a ground stash you need to craft a shovel which requires a metal sheet and a stick. You can scavenge for metal sheets which can mostly be found in industrial garages and hardware stores (Zimm's), or save up 11 scrap metal (loot cars) and craft a furnace -> metal bars -> metal sheet.

Once you've got your hand shovel, head out near the edge of the map, deep in the woods and find a location where the stash mound gets rendered mostly below ground so only a couple of pixels are showing up the surface. Record the /loc of this stash precisely so you don't lose it later. Hacker's with ESP rarely waste time flying around the outskirts of the map so its exceedingly unlikely that your stash will be discovered by anyone.

PHASE 3:
Once you have an item store established the game is mostly about hoarding as many guns, ammo and cars as possible. The best way to do this is to roll around with a framed backpack (it doesn't render on your character model, so you look like you've got no loot) and a good bow. Its crucial not to wear any other items on your character, especially not motorcycle helmets, this way other characters will disregard you as a fresh spawn. This allows you to easily sneak up on people, and one shot them in the head with the bow and steal all of their loot.

Killing other players and raiding bases is by far the best way to gear up in this game - ignore the whiners who complain about the shitty loot respawn system - they just suck at the game. The items you are looking for mostly are: any gun, any ammo, batteries, sparkplugs, quest notes (which lead to high end guns) and scrap metal. Any point where you have a decent stockpile of the above, stop engaging in risky fights and make your way back to your stash and hoard it.

Don't be afraid to go off the beaten path and lurk around in the woods on the outskirts of the map. This is the easiest place to catch other players off guard, and more importantly you can find player bases which are the ultimate loot pi?atas. If you do come across a player base, you can very easily craft a spear from a branch and a metal shard. After the latest patch it takes a long time to knock down a base with a spear, but its almost always worth it. Just make sure you keep an eye on the durability of the spear and throw it at the ground when it gets low, this recharges the item to full durability which makes solo raiding possible.

Finally, avoid going into cities in general unless you just want to fuck around. Loot spawning is fucked anyway so most buildings are already picked over. Its way better to lurk on the outskirts of the city and pick players off who are running in or out fully loaded with good shit, or to kill zombies which spawn near cities dropping player loot from battles that happened within city limits.

If you stick to this strategy of travelling light (frame backpack and bow only) the risk vs reward of playing extremely aggressively vs other players turns out very strongly in your favor and you'll be stockpiling a good armory within a day or two of playing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i liked this review
I love this game but I must walk away for a week or so and come back periodically and see if hacking is under control. You can play for a good while without getting screwed but it's that character you spend hours on that some scum bag flies through the sky murdering you and all your friends in less than 5 seconds that forces me to change to not reccomended. For Now.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Finally played Battle Royal. holy shit, its chaos, fun as fuck. got top 50 got a few kills. I had 2 cars coming at me at the same time. but i was playing ring around the roses but with a tree. so it was hard for them to run me over lol

Oldbased

> Than U
Wow, ya you been missing out. I think I have around 30 BR's played. I usually make it into the top 20 and have made top 10 probably a dozen or so times. Never better than 5th though;/

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i made it to like top 50 i think. There was just to many players, I had 2 guys in cars and then 3 on the ground i killed 2 and the 3rd got got me. I had the cars almost all blown up. It was a blast. But getting into the next one takes forever.

EDIT- MY BR days are over in my 2nd match. go go hacker.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
No traps at all. Literally just logged in, took two steps forward. Fell over dead.
This happened to me the *one* time I found a truck

If you look close, you can see my health ticking down because I was out of bounds. Not sure if they fixed it, but it used to be really hard to see if you were losing health from being out of bounds. ESPECIALLY in a vehicle.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
ok i lied, BR is to fun when it plays legit lol made it to 21
frown.png