H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I wish people would go after these sites that are releasing hacks to the public, when you think of the money spent by companies developing anti cheats and sometimes completely destroying their playerbase due to hacking i would think they would have a leg to stand on legally to shut them down.
Theyre literally all Brazilian and East Europeans man.

Hacks! An investigation into the million-dollar business of video game cheating - PC Gamer

As far as cheaters, I simply dont undersand how developers cant have tools to catch them easily. Is it harder than rocket surgery to have some code that parses player position over time and when it notices massive, impossible movements it kicks/bans?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't think there are a lot of "public hacks" out there, and the ones that are usually get you banned, its the sites that sell aimbots/wallhacks and everything else for specific games, they even have package deals like all COD games, or all BF games, you can buy a undetected hack for like 15$, some you have to pay monthly some are a 1 time fee, its never going to stop with the game being free they will just keep coming back, just look at something like APB sure you might get banned, but you just hop right back into the game it dosent matter if you lost everything because you can merk people with a pistol because you have aimbot and a wallhack, the best way to curb this is to charge a box fee and be aggressive on the bans, but they wont.

So idk how much fun this game is going to be or any type of horror survival/survival because of hackers

nate_sl

shitlord
Played all day yesterday and didn't see a single hacker. The cheat detect is on but bans are only going out to reported players to test and trouble shoot false positives. Remember archeage when you would get banned just for making a character? Yeah, they are doing it the right way.

If you're playing solo, you're not going to have fun for long. Best times I've had was with 2 others from the forums rolling into pleasant valley in a truck, gunning down everyone around to do a letter quest and gtfo without a death.

My suggestion is to change how you're playing if you're not having fun. If hackers are a problem, goto a different server or stash anything you don't want to die with. Stay away from pleasant valley, the police station is a hotbed for them. In time the auto detect will be working and using auto bans and this will be a distant memory.
Have played with the rerolled crew since day 1. Most of the players in our channel, myself included, have no interest in playing on anything but high pop, competitive servers. If we don't, there isn't much competition for a well organized crew, save for the hackers.

We stashed shit to no end... had around 20k rounds of ammo and more than enough resources to build anything we wanted.

We had a massive fortified base on the most extreme edge of the map, until hackers repeatedly warped to our base and eventually broke in. I don't even care about the loot, we were getting so much loot from raiding people legitimately that it was totally irrelevant. But we couldn't even find another crew to fight because as soon as us, or any other crew with guns went out, a hacker would warp to us and shoot everyone in the back.

We actually did roll on another server one night... Within 2 hours our entire crew was fully decked out in ARs and shotguns. We then proceeded to slaughter everyone in pleasant valley until we were the only ones left, then killed each other out of boredom.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. But for players who are organized, there isn't much to do because anytime you leave your base you can expect a hacker to warp behind you and shoot you in the head.

I don't sell any of mine, have always used them to do gold farming or related activities that I could turn around and sell online. Always found it kind of interesting and it justified the time sink I suppose, given that it improves my software REing each time. I made a lot of money doing that in Diablo II and with WoW during vanilla and TBC using glider. I do it now with CS and sell the knives, completely automated.

It would be my guess that they cannot fix the bugs without engine work, which given the changes for SOE...probably isn't viable anymore. Teleportation stuff should be a very easy fix though, distance formula / max speed, compare 2 game ticks. Spawning items should be an easy fix too. It is my opinion that they released this as an alpha because they realized there were a ton of problems and development was spiraling out of control. In order to even out some of the losses, they put Smedley as a broadcaster to look like a man of the people, and threw some new hire devs at it. It's a good strategy to salvage it, I'm sure they're close to breaking even by now. This doesn't negate that it's a fun game though.

FYI, it has been me teleporting and blasting you guys down in-game, at least on the weekend.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I don't sell any of mine, have always used them to do gold farming or related activities that I could turn around and sell online. Always found it kind of interesting and it justified the time sink I suppose, given that it improves my software REing each time. I made a lot of money doing that in Diablo II and with WoW during vanilla and TBC using glider. I do it now with CS and sell the knives, completely automated.

It would be my guess that they cannot fix the bugs without engine work, which given the changes for SOE...probably isn't viable anymore. Teleportation stuff should be a very easy fix though, distance formula / max speed, compare 2 game ticks. Spawning items should be an easy fix too. It is my opinion that they released this as an alpha because they realized there were a ton of problems and development was spiraling out of control. In order to even out some of the losses, they put Smedley as a broadcaster to look like a man of the people, and threw some new hire devs at it. It's a good strategy to salvage it, I'm sure they're close to breaking even by now. This doesn't negate that it's a fun game though.

FYI, it has been me teleporting and blasting you guys down in-game, at least on the weekend.
Do you cut yourself when you lose in a videogame?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>

trololol

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just had some hacker give me guns and ammo then said, enjoy and flew away like superman. I was streaming on my channel, but i dont know how to turn on past broadcasts. Do people know how? or do you have to be a partner with twitch in order to make that happen?

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I had a guy offer to do that as well. I'd rather live off berries than be tainted.
They seem to have hit a pretty good loot spawning amount although guns and ammo are back to being hard to find.

Any of you Heisenberg? A cool dude I was running with the other day. Had the ability to lead a group.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I've killed Heisenberg so many times lol if you're playing antidote and aren't in the mumble you suck.

As far as hackers, all 5 of us were gunned down by a teleport hacker tonight, just as we began our journey to ranchito.

This is killing the game... I've been a supporter and been faithful that the devs will fix this but fuck man, they are causing my friends to start thinking about quitting. No friends = no fun = no game.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's about what I imagine hackers are like. ~19 and probably the pride of Florida's Public School systems. That is to say, pretty unintellectual.

Edit: Pretty funny he has to switch servers because another hacker kills him.
All of them are anti-social aspies.

These people really fuck over these games. At this point if I was in charge Id just start banning entire IP ranges. You want to play but from China or Brazil? Yeah go fuck your shithole country.

Oldbased

> Than U
Explains why I only cross them when in towns. They appear to have the same 250ish meter limitations as everyone else.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Explains why I only cross them when in towns. They appear to have the same 250ish meter limitations as everyone else.
i used to always think them big gun battles in h1z1 were legit and fun, then i seen the video and its just hackers unloading insane amount of ammo just because everyone else is farming it for them.

im taking a break until this shit is better fixed. I feel like the Minnesota twins or the Florida Marlins, just farm teams for hackers.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya most of our group is playing less over it. I hear it in mumble all the time, but history keeps repeating itself and the people keep making the same mistakes.
Personally all the camps in the wild have all the loot/people I need for my shenanigans.

Tonight I have almost perfected a human trap. Animal traps work great for rabbits but I needed something bigger.
Since the patch sticks do 10% a tick and barbed wire has collision and is easy to get stuck in.

My human trap as of right now is a basic shack with basic door, lined inside with 10 or so punji sticks. Then barbed wire 1 meter away on the outside of the shack. Throw in 1-2 dew collectors full of random crap to entice them.
They jump over the barbed wire and get stuck and panic as they start losing 10% health. 10 seconds tops they are dead. Collect loot, go 150 meters away and watch for the next one.

nate_sl

shitlord
Ya most of our group is playing less over it. I hear it in mumble all the time, but history keeps repeating itself and the people keep making the same mistakes.
Personally all the camps in the wild have all the loot/people I need for my shenanigans.
Note that I and most of the other people in our channel aren't here to play a single player game. We're here for a team survival experience. I'm not playing to make rabbit sandwiches. I'm here to roll around with a an organized crew and fuck people up with ARs and shotguns. Until I can do that without immediately being hit by a hacker, I won't be playing much.

To each their own.

Banning hackers results in losing money, so you probably won't see much of it, even if they claim they are. I'm currently stutter-steppin to everyone on this server making shriek noises on the mic.

nate_sl

shitlord
Banning hackers results in losing money, so you probably won't see much of it, even if they claim they are. I'm currently stutter-steppin to everyone on this server making shriek noises on the mic.
How fucking stupid are you? If 5% (likely less) of their players are causing the 95% to quit the game, how are they losing money by banning hackers? The hackers aren't the ones buying shit out of the cash shop. If a hacker gets banned and wants to keep playing, he has to fork over another 20 bucks. Hackers are a legitimate threat to the long term health of the game, something that will result in them losing money (already has?).

I don't even think you play this game.