H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Adebisi, I know how to fix this! Let just talk Smed into adding some magic, swords and elfs, then it can exist as a mmo.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Whoops my bad. Did SOE start making games besides MMOs? Does H1Z1 not meet one of the MMO or RPG criteria that is so clearly defined in black and white? I'm new to this, someone fill me in.
I for one was being sarcastic cause I think this will be an mmo with some significant progression and the over the top comparisons to dayz are wrong. The zombie theme is a paint job, what's under the hood makes it an mmo.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
They have to keep it from descending into pure anarchy. That is the challenge in developing a game like this. Cooperation is funner than the pure chaos of 24/7 PK'ing.

I'm interested because I think SoE is a good team.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Smed announced this far too early. Many key decisions to be made on core mechanics and systems. In different places from dev interviews for example I've read i) zombies aren't what you worry about players are, and, ii) it's primarily a survival game not PvP. But mostly when specifics are raised they answer maybe, I don't know, we're discussing that etc If it releases in the next week or so it's going to be little more than running around with a torch in your hand and the game will change massively in terms of foundational decisions.

Bosch_sl

shitlord
H1Z1 Early Access Might Be Delayed, Developer Talks Additional Features : SegmentNext

If you thought the promises made by SOE President John Smedley about the early access of H1Z1 launching before the end of May sounded too good to be true, then you were probably on the right track.

The possibility that players may not get to experience SOE?s H1Z1 before E3 is disturbing for eager fans, however the pain is sort of numbed by the new information from developer Adam Clegg.

Hosts of Podcast Zero, a weekly video podcast by famous Twitch.tv personalities regarding H1Z1, were joined by Adam, who revealed his uncertainty about when the game would be available on Steam for early access.

Adam did confirm that the studio plans to showcase the game at E3, which means that a playable judge?s demo needs to be ready before the first week of June, which means there is a slight possibility game will appear on the Early Access page of Steam by the end of this month.

Other things discussed in the pod cast included details that zombies will be attracted to heat sources, which don?t just mean fires. Anything with a large enough heat signature will attract the zombies; this can potentially be used to distract them away from certain areas.

SOE is also considering giving players the ability to sabotage non player creations like blow up gas stations. This functionality isn?t guaranteed though and will most definitely not be in the Early Access.

Adam also confirmed that SOE is open to including large scale player coordinated events befitting the H1Z1 lore, much like the EVE Online battles.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Oh lord. They're doing a live show of zombie survivor stories lore, audio only.

No idea why they felt this had to be done live instead of like, recorded where they can fix up any mistakes, or as a podcast.