H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Smedley confirmed that ?We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.? -PCGamer
rrr_img_88015.jpg

Also said it two days ago here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K6cv--warY#t=2439

Fuck that noise! I'll pass.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The way shit is now, he needs to be really really specific, They have always said, that in air drops weapons are a possibility. Them seelling weapons/ammo/water/food and it magically appearing in your inventory will not happen.

I remember when he would do late night streams from his house he would call in air drops and talk about it.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Its great you started following the game in the last 24 hours Diemess and are hoping on the bandwagon of reddit posters complaining to complain. But he's said that airdrops will be events and that will contain shit that people will want in it. Cosmetics are not something people would gather towards and fight over. That was said 8 months ago. Smed did a few streams talking about airdrops as KCXIV has pointed out, and mentioned military supplies could be found in them. And as KCXIV has said their verbiage needs to be clear that you'll never be able to purchase things direct into your inventory. But you can buy the server as a whole a chance at shit. You just get a slight upper hand at being close to the flare.

I know some folks hated airdrops in rust and wouldnt play on a server that had them enabled. Im sure as things progress there will be servers with a ruleset similar.

Kenadul

I deleted the folder named "local" inside the game install folder in steam and managed to get in. The servers don't have any names and none of the items I pickup or interact with have proper names or id's but I've been playing for an hour.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why the fuck are you all buying this early access bollocks. Didn't you learn your lesson from DayZ and like...99% of early access games in general? Y'all are smarter than this.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Why the fuck are you all buying this early access bollocks. Didn't you learn your lesson from DayZ and like...99% of early access games in general? Y'all are smarter than this.
i dont care, its only 20 bucks!

Anyways, i finally got on i think! im logging intot he map now. I chose Deadwood. Its just a regular pvp server

Valos

If I get my dollar/hr out of a title that's all I really care about. And almost everyone on this board is old enough that 20 dollars should not be anything to flinch at.

Oldbased

> Than U
Who needs airdrops? I had a AR15 the first 10 minutes I was in game with over 200 rounds from the police station in pleasantville. Also a shotgun a bit later with 30 rounds and about 70 rounds for my pistol. Granted some dude tried to kill me when I had nothing but fists and a flashlight and dropped most of that.

The real OP item in this game for me so far is salt packets. That + water=Saline+bandages=first aid kit which over a minute or so restores you back to 100% from the 42% I tested.

I saw one air drop being done and I ran like hell, mostly since I didn't need weapons and from what I saw on streams tonight was a bloodbath. That is hardly pay to win when everyone is fighting for it + usually a herd of zombies.
Animal fat in a fire makes fuel, I drove around most of the night in a police car for giggles. Running over zombies then axing them up is good for scrap cloth.

Up to 18 recipes after the first night.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's not about the 20$, 20$ is couch cushion change. It's about companies pounding out a "working" version of a game, dumping it in to early access, and there it rots until it finally dies. The ratio of games that actually make it out of early access to those that just die there or are completely abandoned is insane.

At least with pre-orders there's some collectible or fan-oriented kind of incentive for people who are really in to whatever the game is, but early access? It's feeding the worst dev practices the industry has to offer.

Christ, I sound like Dumar.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
yeah, i still dont give a shit, if im having fun. i dont care and im in game, and having fun!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
We'll see how things are going in a month's time. Shit's still rocking along I'll jump on board.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Fuckers ganged up on me and took all my shit! my axe broke and bow fights suck ass up close. i couldnt do it, my packpack was loaded with everythign but bullets lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Been watching some streams at work, saw a guy call in 3 airdrops. All 3 landed within like a ~15 second walk of him, all contained assault rifles/mines/explosives/backpacks. Goddamnit SoE.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Been watching some streams at work, saw a guy call in 3 airdrops. All 3 landed within like a ~15 second walk of him, all contained assault rifles/mines/explosives/backpacks. Goddamnit SoE.
Seems to be the main thing everyone is bitching about on steam reviews. Bait and switch of game being turned into p2w.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's not about the 20$, 20$ is couch cushion change. It's about companies pounding out a "working" version of a game, dumping it in to early access, and there it rots until it finally dies. The ratio of games that actually make it out of early access to those that just die there or are completely abandoned is insane.

At least with pre-orders there's some collectible or fan-oriented kind of incentive for people who are really in to whatever the game is, but early access? It's feeding the worst dev practices the industry has to offer.

Gaming addicts will always pay whatever it costs just to still their desire.
Looks at those who (got) laid down 100 bucks for testing with voxels aka landmark, just to see it go on sale for a Lincoln this xmas.
Im sure one day we will see gamers paying for a friends and family while taking a puttplug up the ass + gagball stuffing, recorded and broadcasted via xbox origin live to amused devs.

I got killd after a couple hours, Had some guns ran up to a map and no one was around then all of a sudden there are 5 guys warping all around then next thing i kno im dead
frown.png

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Couldn't get on last night at all. Tried this morning at 6am before work and the queue was to long before I had to leave.
Hopefully I will be able to try it out tonight when I get home.

ili_sl

shitlord

People are willing to pay for virtual hopes/dreams, just like people are willing to pay for disposable virtual items.

A company would be insane to not take advantage of that.

Oldbased

> Than U
So ya, like others have said we need to pick a server for everyone. I am usually Kentuck or Kentucky on most of them.