H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

bayr_sl

shitlord
Can't find any food or water at all. I'm on like my 3rd or 4th life and the lack of any items is really annoying. I have a backpack and a crowbar, that's cool, but there's areas with like 50 zombies and no items at all to be had. I'm starving and dehydrated at some Yeat's Motel place. Any ideas where I should go?

Vitality

HUSTLE
To Vitality, I guess I see no distinction whatsoever between someone stealing my $2.50 airdrop or stealing my "took x game hours to accumulate" loot. I know some people do, though. My thoughts on this are: if I spent 10 fucking hours farming up some gear I'll be a little salty when it all gets boosted, similar to if I spent 10x my hourly rate on buying some shit ingame. Obviously my discretionary funds don't allow for extravagance of that sort, but do you get what I'm saying? As a side note, I think personal skill + the crew you roll with matter WAY more for a game like this than buying some gear. I can't really imagine giving a shit if I was playing with friends; oh, that other crew has some sweet loot? lets go take it.

edit: Plus, I have heard my DayZ fantatic friends bitch endlessly about stale server dynamics on Epoch in which people never leave their base and turtling is lame as shit. The game NEEDS something to serve as a catalyst for "emergent gameplay" (CCP term).
Basically the distincion is that the people who choose not to pay $2.50 essentially have the 10 hours they spent on that particular item devalued down to a common denomination of less than 15 minutes of work at a fast food restaurant.

Also if the game incentivizes crate purchases like the post above me indicates (3-4 lives to get suitable food/water), the mere fact of the option being available to bypass the survival part lames the game up to a completely not-fun level.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Can't find any food or water at all. I'm on like my 3rd or 4th life and the lack of any items is really annoying. I have a backpack and a crowbar, that's cool, but there's areas with like 50 zombies and no items at all to be had. I'm starving and dehydrated at some Yeat's Motel place. Any ideas where I should go?
Kill some deer for food. After you kill them keep swinging at the corpse and you get more meat and fat.

My problem is getting a fire started.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Its great you started following the game in the last 24 hours Diemess and are hoping on the bandwagon of reddit posters complaining to complain. But he's said that airdrops will be events and that will contain shit that people will want in it. Cosmetics are not something people would gather towards and fight over. That was said 8 months ago. Smed did a few streams talking about airdrops as KCXIV has pointed out, and mentioned military supplies could be found in them. And as KCXIV has said their verbiage needs to be clear that you'll never be able to purchase things direct into your inventory. But you can buy the server as a whole a chance at shit. You just get a slight upper hand at being close to the flare.

I know some folks hated airdrops in rust and wouldnt play on a server that had them enabled. Im sure as things progress there will be servers with a ruleset similar.
I've watched most of the live h1z1 streams. Telling the community one thing and then totally giving us OH HAY GUYS JUST KIDDING WE LIEd bullshit. If people don't complain now they won't change it. The developers have been pretty good listening to the community as of late, so hopefully they make some big changes with those airdrops or this is gonna flop hard. WarZ all over again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
No wonder SOE keeps losing money. Why do they always let money slip through their hands like this?

Smed Tweet
Because of policies like that I didn't seek a refund for Landmark (haven't played since a month or so after launch but look forward to picking it back up soon) and will probably buy this Early Access.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Its a non issue and they are still refunding people. Plus in my book.

I thought landmark was garbage and they refunded me there as well. Good policy for the long term. Hopefully they make it work and release some quality now.

Oldbased

> Than U
Kill some deer for food. After you kill them keep swinging at the corpse and you get more meat and fat.

My problem is getting a fire started.
I made flares last night then one of the Z's I ran over had a lighter. Lighter is very nice.
As to the drink, plastic bottles are all over, get you 4-5 fill up with any water source then throw on the fire for purifying.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure if its my ping or what but it takes a while to pick up things/zombies don't die or just disappear. So far pretty disappointed. What server is everyone on?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_88045.png

Heck, they are refunding money. Smed said they are making changes. I don't know... I just don't think this game is serious enough to matter. If you played DayZ or any other game like this, it's not EQ or WoW. This game is something that does require some time and effort but everything you do is gone in a minute. DayZ didn't have AirDrops but guys who played together for 24 hours a day had the advantage so they may as well had them.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Airdrops already getting "adjusted" and refunds are being handed out. It's like Sony is allergic to money company wide.

What boggles my mind is why don't you release the game and then make an announcement that you are "testing" weaponized airdrops and looking for feedback. The fact is that they snuck it in at launch is the major problem here.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just going to call Deadwood as our pvp server. If someone ponies up a Vent/mumble they can choose another server if they desire.

Couple of things for a non-recipe loss server. Learn how to make a satchel *300 bulk back slot*, and then a backpack frame. They combine into a 1200 bulk backpack. I believe the cost is 6 cloth, 2-4 planks and 4 nails.

You can technically craft some items while their components are on the ground/proximity if you don't have the space to craft straight out of your paper doll.

Status update - 1/16/2015 - 9:10am PST : h1z1

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Gaming addicts will always pay whatever it costs just to still their desire.
Looks at those who (got) laid down 100 bucks for testing with voxels aka landmark, just to see it go on sale for a Lincoln this xmas.
Im sure one day we will see gamers paying for a friends and family while taking a puttplug up the ass + gagball stuffing, recorded and broadcasted via xbox origin live to amused devs.
Airdrops already getting "adjusted" and refunds are being handed out. It's like Sony is allergic to money company wide.

What boggles my mind is why don't you release the game and then make an announcement that you are "testing" weaponized airdrops and looking for feedback. The fact is that they snuck it in at launch is the major problem here.
Its alpha I thought that testing was implied in that alone. Everything in game right now is subject to adjustment. Are people that stupid and fail to realize that? And unlick in Dayz, you serverhop and cheat to win basicaly, but thats ok? ok

Spynx_sl

shitlord
where are we all massing atm? I am currently DLing it and looking to get into some PVE group work/survival action

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just going to call Deadwood as our pvp server. If someone ponies up a Vent/mumble they can choose another server if they desire.

Couple of things for a non-recipe loss server. Learn how to make a satchel *300 bulk back slot*, and then a backpack frame. They combine into a 1200 bulk backpack. I believe the cost is 6 cloth, 2-4 planks and 4 nails.

You can technically craft some items while their components are on the ground/proximity if you don't have the space to craft straight out of your paper doll.

Status update - 1/16/2015 - 9:10am PST : h1z1
Sounds good... can we make a guild/clan for communication purposes in game yet?

As long as I can kill people who purchase Air Drops i'm cool. I hope someone buys $50.00 worth of Air drops and about 5 of us roll over them and loot them dry. lol

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Server: Deadwood

Ruleset: Pvp

Mumble : rrh1z1.mumble.com

Pass: RRH1Z155

Port : 5599

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Someone needs to start sharing some info. I'm hearing everything to is awesome, a lot of fun, to unplayable, laggy, and the zombies don't move.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the pvp draw in these games. I never played DayZ but did give Nether a try, and it was neat scavenging and fighting NPCs to actually unlock upgrades on my character, but after doing that for an hour I'd just get sniped by some guy hiding in the grass, or behind a buggy texture (ALL these games have random textures you can hide in :p), then... I get to start over, lost my stats, character and items. So pointless.

I could pick the 'carebear' server, but is there enough PvE in this game to keep people interested? Looking at the zombies in that air drop video makes it look like an intern programmed it. Blech

Oldbased

> Than U
Someone needs to start sharing some info. I'm hearing everything to is awesome, a lot of fun, to unplayable, laggy, and the zombies don't move.
It's all of those things, but with fixes to them coming by the hour as far as issues go.