Hades (Supergiant Games)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He also just... Has a magical artifact leg in that same art, thereby making the wheelchair pointless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
the problem is that they need to make hephestus crippled and ugly. that just looks like a fat guy in a chair. where is the ugly? where is the cripple?

that the problem. woke consultants won't allow you to dipect a cripple as ugly or disturbing for any reason. not like when you see a real person with scrawny shriveled legs in a wheel chair. it doens't make you feel their plight. it just makes you look and presume it's a self portrait some fat artist made.

Im not even sure it is woke consultants. The studio is in the bay area. During the BLM riots the studio got looted and they said that the people that looted the studio probably need the stuff in it more than them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
Im not even sure it is woke consultants. The studio is in the bay area. During the BLM riots the studio got looted and they said that the people that looted the studio probably need the stuff in it more than them.
yea. i do think a lot of this shit is activists inside the house. they were primed their whole indoctrination process (college) to leap at any chance to fuck with normal people.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know depicting him as "lame" would be fine. In fact, that statue that @Hateyou posted could very well be depicting him as lame, because he's not actively walking. His stance is even sort of weird.

It's the wheelchair that irks me. 100% pandering garbage, and that will be the tip of the iceberg with this game. Everyone will be gay, trans, androgenous (Heph is already pretty fucking androgenous in that picture, reminds me of that queer shopkeeper from Vox Machina) and brown/black out of nowhere like Athena in the first one. And they'll find more ways to throw it in your face.

Honestly this all bothered me in the first one, but the gameplay was so fucking superb, and the story so great that I overlooked it and still enjoyed it immensely. But to see them tripling down on the woke garbage just makes me want to forget it exists.

Fucking faggots.
1713985103217.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Hephaestus was a mechanical genius. A wheeled personal chariot for himself that he can zoom around in would be in character and period appropriate

Your asses are all going to be tossed into
Tartarus for your lack of faith

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The game is from a developer in San Fran, this shit? I'm shocked that the first game didn't have more of it, all things considered.

Truthfully, I'm going to play this because the first one was fucking baller. It was an amazing game with amazing mechanics and amazing replay value. This company was already doing obviously woke stuff in the last game and I could ignore it because it wasn't really central to the actual game and, again, the gameplay was Game Of The Year quality. Is there a chance this is a letdown and they force you to interact with woke stuff in order to get to the real game? If so, then they are shooting themselves in the foot. Until that is proven factual then I will enjoy the absolutely top tier quality of the game loop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
You know depicting him as "lame" would be fine. In fact, that statue that @Hateyou posted could very well be depicting him as lame, because he's not actively walking. His stance is even sort of weird.

It's the wheelchair that irks me. 100% pandering garbage, and that will be the tip of the iceberg with this game. Everyone will be gay, trans, androgenous (Heph is already pretty fucking androgenous in that picture, reminds me of that queer shopkeeper from Vox Machina) and brown/black out of nowhere like Athena in the first one. And they'll find more ways to throw it in your face.

Honestly this all bothered me in the first one, but the gameplay was so fucking superb, and the story so great that I overlooked it and still enjoyed it immensely. But to see them tripling down on the woke garbage just makes me want to forget it exists.

Fucking faggots.
As Ishad Ishad showed in picture form - us cripples been rocking wheelchairs for over 2500 years now. The wheel was invented a long time ago, the chair was invented a long time ago, didn't take much to combine together.

Sure, pick apart all the other stuff, but Heph is canonically crippled and a wheelchair isn't even slightly out of time for a depiction.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The game is from a developer in San Fran, this shit? I'm shocked that the first game didn't have more of it, all things considered.
They very clearly made several of the gods black and y'all pretended not to notice because the game was really good.

I'm anti-DEI as well but as far as I can tell, Supergiant is just being the same they've always been. They make good games and they don't get preachy with their social politics. Hephaestus in a wheelchair does make sense; if it had to be anyone, he's a logical choice. Taratrus is not wheelchair accessible though, which is why the protagonist has normal legs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user