Hail, Caesar!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Article is better than the movie.

We've reached the point where we just applaud these nitwits (Coens included) and pretend they're real actors and the story is "smart" and/or "deep". It's not. It's like Oceans 12-19, just a reason for these fuckwads to get together, do a circle jerk and cash in. Your shit becomes derivative of its original self when you're too focused on....

rrr_img_125372.jpg

There's nothing here that's new or intelligent. Watch Mad Max, Ex Machina, or something else.

edit: like Bridge of Spies, that was their "gold" writing this year. Actually pretty damn good.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Saw it with the wife tonight and we both enjoyed it alot. Kinda bummed that Frances McDormand's role was basically a cameo.

The scene with the priests and the rabbi was hysterical.

It was pretty easy to figure out that Josh Brolin's character was Jesus before they hit you over the head with it at the end.

Haka

N00b
Saw it on Saturday. I usually enjoy these types of movies and humor but I didn't take to this movie. I didn't see much of a point in Scar Jo's character, and besides 1-2 scenes (one being the one Tortfeasor spoilered above) didn't have any big laughs. Maybe I was too buzzed to watch a movie like this, but it was a bit of a miss for me.