Halloween 2021

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
IMG_1303.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
is his skateboard made out of cardboard?
That’s just how they look when used a lot. When you Ollie (or any pop trick) it scrapes some wood off right there. Do it a lot and it keeps getting flatter and flatter right there until you can see all the plys. People that don’t have a lot of money, kids, boards all look like that. Pros never do because as that happens you lose pop, consistency, and control. They use new boards on a daily basis. Sometimes you’ll even see them change it out during attempts at a single difficult trick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Any serious skater was using bulk graphic less boards with some grip tape slapped on. Screw an expensive logo. That shit belongs on a wall.

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
So in my neighborhood the two blocks east of me blocked off the street and had a Saturday Afternoon "Trunk or Treat" thing. It was cool, but essentially killed all the traditional Halloween trick or treater action on Sunday, as such... I might be dealing with a surplus of goods here...
View attachment 379985

This young lady is obviously putting a lot of effort in, she would get one of the full sized candy bars....

How do you decide who gets the full sized bars?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
How do you decide who gets the full sized bars?
The rules are pretty straightforward. You qualify for a full sized bar if :
  • Your costume is good enough I want a pic of it. None of this "I bought it in a bag at the store" nonsense.... that's low effort. Example, a kid who walked up in an iron man suit it was clear he made out of cardboard himself or with minimal help from parents, With a friend in full green body paint for the Hulk. That was an immediate pair of full sized snickers.
  • You can make me laugh with your presentation. If some kid walks up in a Biden Sniffing Me costume for instance...
This year I also have the option of cast pirate coins to give out for any kid dressed as a pirate :
1667161049545.png

Pirates get candy AND coins.

Of course, like last year there was a Saturday street thing last night down the street a couple blocks, so I figure once again I'll have light traffic, but I still get a lot of kids from the "step down in house quality" neighborhoods on the other side of the nearby main street.

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
We live on a street with no street lights, and all the houses are on an acre +, our house is creepy and sits back an acre and a half from the street so any kid willing to walk up to us gets full sized candy. We get almost no kids though so some get 2.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
We live on a street with no street lights, and all the houses are on an acre +, our house is creepy and sits back an acre and a half from the street so any kid willing to walk up to us gets full sized candy. We get almost no kids though so some get 2.
I think this is fair deal. You should also consider offering up potatoes. I would, but my Halloween scene is already tricked up enough.
It works like this. You offer up the candy bowl for them to pick their treat. But on top put a potato. Count how many kids choose the potato. Those are the kids you should both be liking, and just a bit worried about.
1667188338157.png

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus still tells the horror story from her childhood of trick or treating and her uncle (who lived nearby) didn't have any candy, so he panicked... ran to the fridge and gave them uncooked hot dogs.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
One thing that sucks about living in the middle of the Nevada desert in nowhere is no kids for Halloween. We don't even try any more.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I'm in fucking straya cunts.. fuck yo bullshit ..
Hang on.. bewbies
Screenshot_20221031-163631.png

• 9Like
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Haven't had a trick or treater in probably 30 years. Too rural, too long a driveway, locked gate doesn't help. So I post this from last year.

Attachments

• joe.jpg
    joe.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a pretty mild night (maybe 50-60's), warm enough if you had a full costume and kids walking kept warm. Still had an overweight cinderella driving house to house that I wanted to say nope, no candy for you.

Best part was walking down the stairs in a purple hoody and green face paint to kidnap my daughter as green goblin, while her brother in his silly spiderman costume tried to save her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users