Halo 5 : Guardians

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Checked out a stream last night, not sure if it was because of the xim he was using but the sensitivity seemed really off. Seemed when you ran it upped the sensitivity compared to when you weren't.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Checked out a stream last night, not sure if it was because of the xim he was using but the sensitivity seemed really off. Seemed when you ran it upped the sensitivity compared to when you weren't.
There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding this launch right now.

1) The single player campaign is not at all what was advertised.
2) Major AI issues within the single player campaign
3) Very lackluster story on top of the glitches and bugs.
4) Even though the game is officially released, Metacritic isn't allowing user scores for another 13 hours from now (That makes zero sense)
5) Gamespot and IGN holding back their reviews under the guiseof "They want to see what the game runs like under live servers" - which has never been an issue for them before. I see that as a scapegoat for what will be a low score and do not want to harm the hype window within the launch of the game.
6) Dynamic resolution is horrible. Hitching reports and things are even scaling down as low as 810p to try and keep up with 60 frames.

On the other side of the fence, people are saying the multiplayer is fun.

My Xbox One has been collecting dust ever since I bought the thing. And it looks like instead of trying this, I'll break out some more Pledge and wait for a sale.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I had been enjoying the hype and how the story has been progressing. Just watched the cutscene compilation. Jesus. That is some LAME copout shit. You have two seasons of your legitimately cool podcast series all about this issue and it all amounted to fucking nothing.

Pathetic.

spronk

FPS noob
Got the LE and installing now, xbox installs are so fucking lame it takes like 2 hours to install a game from disc. they need to fix that shit up, it takes less than a minute to be running on a ps4. prob won't be actually playing till evening since there is also a 9 gig update to install.

don't bother with the LE by the way, the limited statue is some shitty do-it-yourself laser cutout thats like... an inch tall. i got a glitch price on best buy so paid $30 for the whole thing but its worth maybe $2 more than just the regular game. The LE does have a nice steelbook though and some cards for the various player types.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Multiplayer is very, very fun so far. Has that old school arena shooter feel to it.

Haven't touched the campaign, doubt I will for a while.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished campaign with Sukik. I had a great time with the coop even with the story being misleading. There was some Michael bay shit going on you just don't get from YouTube or twitch.

The multiplayer is fantastic and much better then Halo 4 or clunky destiny.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been playing since last night. I echo everyone else that the single player is fun, however a bit "meh". The multiplayer is incredibly fun so far. I love the level escalation during matches that only allows you to bring out additional arsenal (which you have to acquire) at various time during the match. Really keeps things more even and dependent on skill. Graphics are slightly lower res for multiplayer as expected, however it's running smooth as silk for me.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed the story. Not as much as Halo 3 or Reach but it had its moments. Multiplayer isn't bad, but the maps last too long for my tastes which gets bad when you're on a shitty team. 30 minutes for a warzone, 10ish for the 6 on 6 modes. People who really like Halo MP will prolly enjoy it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy FUCK. I have not seen graphics this bad in multiplayer (arena. So fucking awful!) since 2002! What in the ever living fuck is this? I mean is this all they could do????

Splinter cell double agent on 360 looked better than this.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I'm not gonna be the guy to defend console peasantry but I can't stand counter strike and as far as I know this is the only other FPS with a proper ranking system and the gameplay is really fun so far.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna be the guy to defend console peasantry but I can't stand counter strike and as far as I know this is the only other FPS with a proper ranking system and the gameplay is really fun so far.
Here are the major complaints so far. This isn't directed at you, but I have had fun game play in every game I have played in one way or another. Game play does not excuse this shit any longer. I had fun game play in 1999. I had great shooting mechanics in games since Wild Gunman for Christ sake.

* The Campaign was completely misrepresented in the marketing material. It is no where near what they said it would be.
* The Campaign AI is absolutely horrible. (This can be patched. Hopefully soon)
* The Arena maps look like they are reused assets from 2004. Honestly at this point, I wouldn't put it passed 343/Microsoft for doing this. They are SO bad. I have seen better graphical fidelity out of games from 2001. There is no hyerbole meant there. The maps in arena are literally THAT BAD.
* Even WITH the maps that bad from a graphical point of view, LOD STILL POPS IN! HOW.
* Even WITH the maps that bad, enemy FPS still hits 10 fps in view distance!
* Microtransactions in the Req market in testing are now confirming that people who are buying the packs are getting better "RNG" in return than those who are earning them. (This is just downright sleazy as shit if they made two databases)
* The balance of most of the guns is all over the board.
* Free maps due to the Microtransaction Market? If they are anything like we have seen thus far, the maps have been completed since the 360 was a fucking development kit.

This game is an absolute fucking travesty. From technical to ethical.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL ut the game is fine. It's no halo 2 but I had a blast going through it on COOP. Also arena does suck and it isn't nearly as fun as war zone. The graphics part I agree with I guess on arena but war zone is a lot more fun. Old school alterac valley.

It's no Halo 2 but it's not a travesty. With that said I'll go through it once more on lengendary to get the achieves and probably shelf it. Not really into Halo mp but I'll for sure play some warzone from time to time.

Ps if you really did buy it and not bsing, you should play with Sukik and I in warzone.

sukik

Warzone can be good times: Get vehicle, boost around the battlefield running people over.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
LOL ut the game is fine. It's no halo 2 but I had a blast going through it on COOP. Also arena does suck and it isn't nearly as fun as war zone. The graphics part I agree with I guess on arena but war zone is a lot more fun. Old school alterac valley.

It's no Halo 2 but it's not a travesty. With that said I'll go through it once more on lengendary to get the achieves and probably shelf it. Not really into Halo mp but I'll for sure play some warzone from time to time.

Ps if you really did buy it and not bsing, you should play with Sukik and I in warzone.
I have the game. I doubt I have either you or Sukik on my friends list. In fact, my entire Xbox Friends list are all playing other games on their 360. Doesn't seem like a whole hell of a lot even bothered with the Xbox One.

The problem with Warzone is weapon imbalances and what is looking more and more to be a pay to win microtransaction system. The rewards people are getting from playing the game, and the rewards people are getting from actual purchases, are 100% lop sided under the guise of RNG, when in fact, it doesn't look like it is RNG at all.

I ended up buying this game because I need to own the Xbox One for SOMETHING at this point. The limitation of the hardware and what is happening here with this particular title and it's very shitty dynamic resolution system is flat out atrocious. Even the folks on SA are slamming the shit out of the game at this point.

What are your Gamer Tags?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
* The Campaign was completely misrepresented in the marketing material. It is no where near what they said it would be.

Can you please expand on this ? I was not keeping up with the marketing.

WTF is with reviewers on Metacritic (NYDaily news I am looking at you) saying the story is not very good, but still giving it 100.
The entire game is plenty of fun, and despite those light storytelling flaws..

How can it be 100 if it has flaws...

"8,5/10 Game looks great, really fluid, great guns. I was kinda disappointed cause the Story".
Guy gives it an 8.5 and the score shows up as a 10....

"although parts seem sloppy and rushed this is just a nano issue." 10/10

Fucking schills.

sukik

I don't know what people expected out of the story but it pretty much played out like I expected based on what little I saw of the marketing campaign. Is the game a 10/10? No, I'd personally give it about a 7/10 because it's a pretty fun game. Whether or not it's worth $60 is going to depend on how much you want to play the multiplayer, but if you just want to play it for the story I'd advise you to wait until it's on sale or do like Spronk does and buy/return trade in to Best Buy quickly.

And as for micro-transactions I don't know how much sales they're going to generate. Playing warzone I was getting about 1800 halo bucks per game, and about 500-700 per arena. You need 10k to get a gold pack that can be bought for 4.99. So you can either play the game for a few hours and get the gold packs, or pay 4.99. If you're just playing the game you won't need to buy packs. There are also silver and bronze tier packs, but you should probably always just wait and buy gold packs.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Now I always play halo coop so that adds majorly to the fun factor but it's no 8 or 10. It's a fair 7/10 pickup on sale unless you like the mp then yes it's solid buy. ( if you love competitive halo mp) As for microtransactions, they simply aren't needed. I was buying a gold req pack after each war zone with my free halobucks or wtf ever they are called.

Siliconemelons

I know I am the very very minority- but I have not enjoyed Halo Multiplayer since Halo 1... I also did not like UT or other frag fest multiplayers- I liked stuff like old DoD/CS... so that all aside.

I liked the story of 1, and 2 was a cliffhanger for the most part... I didn't buy a 360 or xb 1 so I always kind of wonder about the story and getting caught up on it.. the H5 commercials seem nice and epic and story driven so I was again intrigued...then I come here... saved me some money.

Edit: I know that Halo is not for the story, its for MP! I admit not being within the realm of the target audience.

I don't understand how there can be LOD popping and low frame-rate animations in this game when Titanfall looked pretty awesome, had great animations, and no LOD popping, and solid 60 FPS except in a few spots on a few maps. Same with Call of Duty. It didn't look as good as TF but still looked nice with 60 FPS always.

Anyway, I'm new to Halo since I never played the old ones due to little interest in the Single Player and 30 FPS multiplayer made it feel like you were driving a tank. The Titans in Titanfall are more responsive than Master Chief in old editions of Halo.
frown.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Can you please expand on this ? I was not keeping up with the marketing.
Here you go. This just came up on IGN so I am happy someone is addressing it point blank in the press.

Opinion: Halo 5??Ts Ads Lied to You - IGN

Complete with your fanboy comments who seem to have an interest in playing crowd control during the 2 week launch window.

Queue 6 weeks later "HEY GUYS WE ARE SO SORRY ABOUT ALL OF THIS. WE PROMISE TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU IN HALO 6!" Halo 6 comes, same shit different year.