Halo Master Chief Collection coming to PC

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Surprised a thread hasn't been created on this, as a lot of us would have been peak gaming age for Halo. No release date, and from what it sounds like all the games won't be part of it at the same time. I think it's going to go in chronological order so Reach first since it's a prequel, then 1, 2, etc. You will have the option to buy games individually instead of as part of the collection, and it's going to be on steam and the microsoft store.

I'm pretty hype for this. I've been pretty meh on games lately, although I've not had much time to actually play them. I've been feeling some single player stuff, and have even been tempted to get a console to do it. This will fill a good void for me, with a lot of playtime. I only ever played 1 and 2. I played the campaigns multiple times, and a shit ton of multiplayer. I'd imagine now I'm more likely to just play the campaign stuff, and likely try to get all the achievement type stuff done.

For the first time ever, The Master Chief’s story comes to PC. Featuring Halo: Reach along with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, the Halo 3: ODST Campaign and Halo 4, this is the definitive Halo experience.

Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, The Master Chief’s story is brought together with a total of 67 campaign missions plus more than 120 multiplayer maps (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps. Now built for PC with mouse and keyboard support and up to 4K UHD and HDR, this is the collection Halo fans have been waiting for!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Halo is like so much fun with a mouse, you can own so much PCs programmed to be vs controller

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I first encountered this series at the age of 8 when Halo 2 was released and my mind was blown. The graphics at the time were great, the soundtrack could make you feel triumphant one moment, then alone but mystified the next. The controls felt nearly perfect but ghost melees could occur. I would sprint through the woods to my friend's house after school every day to play this. slippery slippery you should give Halo 3 a try when it launches, It has many innovations that added to the thrill of combat in both the Campaign and Multiplayer.

Siliconemelons Siliconemelons I completely agree. H2 is solid on PC, I also played Elderito ,a mod to play what was essentially a hybrid of halo 3 and 4 multiplayer mechanics, while it was booming before Microsoft stepped in. Many people from that team are working with the programmers at 343 to develop the MCCPC, should be pretty good stuff.

I've played all of the Halo Games created by Bungie (Reach, CE, H2,H3) extensively, it is my absolute favorite FPS of all time and possibly one of my favorite videos game "universes" excluding the 343 games (H4 had potential in the story but was fumbled). This guy has a good breakdown of the console versions.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I really liked Halo 1 lan 6 system multi player on huge maps before people learned all the be in the sky exploits etc.

3 systems in one room, another 3 in the garage - was epic. Imo it just became a frag fest with online mp

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of my friends had the perfect small little house that went around in 4 rooms clockwise and each room had a TV and we would do 4 console system link there with like 10-16 people just getting fucked up of whatever the fuck and playing halo. Or we would get serious with 4 player tournaments or 8 player teams, or whatever so nobody could screen watch. Those were true multiplayer days. None of my friends really did the computer thing so I never did the LAN thing, but that was basically the first LAN I did. The most local multiplayer I did before that was Smash on N64. Those were pretty fun too. Damn I miss those days.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Halo Reach portion is live. Other games are going to be spaced out over the next 6 months or something.

The Master Chief Collection is $40 which gives you all 6 from Reach to 4, or you can get just Reach for $10 (I would imagine each of the 6 games will be that?) but the others are all listed at $39.99 on steam right now.

Fadaar

That guy
I had forgotten how slow paced Halo single player campaigns are compared to things like Call of Duty, at least movement and engagement wise.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is something going on with the forums? I cannot access main page but it shows players posting recently.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blood Gulch. Will always remember a sweet snipe I had on that map doing local multi-player hooking multiple Xbox's together.

I'd imagine now though, as said, you might as well play Destiny?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Reach is the worst of the Halo MP's, maybe 1 actually because of pistol shenanigans, but it's very not-fun comparatively. The DMR is just an awful, terrible, fucking garbage weapon and unfortunately due to it's range ability, you'll use it exclusively if you don't have a sniper or MAYBE a shotgun (this iteration is the worst shotgun in any Halo). Overall this was the weakest of the Halos to launch with. Once Halo 2 comes out the nostalgia boys will show up again in force and remember their highschool/college days, and then when Halo 3 comes out the REAL fun and good gaming begins. Halo 2 was fun and I played it a lot, but Halo 3 had so much more going on for weapon diversity and maps than 2 did. Halo 1 will be awful unless you're playing CTF on Blood Gulch or Sidewinder and that's about it. ODST was a PVE game. Halo 4 got shit on, but it had the most gun diversity and I BELIEVE it had pre-set classes in some game modes which was cool. Made you feel like you were playing Battle Front in a more even-keel game.

Overall Reach sucks did. 1 will be just as bad (except for campaign feels purposes), 2 will bring in most of the people, and 3 will lock em in. ODST isn't real and 4 will just be a "skip" version for playlist selection when they actually add it in.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
On target xevy except for the original. Or at least, you are discounting the spectacular campaign for what it was especially at the time. The vibes were amazing, music stellar. Multiplayer did lack quality, pistol being one of the better guns was always odd.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh no, I agree. 1 is 100% a good game just because of the story. The MP was awesome because besides Goldeneye/Perfect Dark there wasn't anything like it at the time, but it's balance was definitely lacking.

I still remember not even knowing what Halo was when we got an Xbox for Christmas. My brothers and I booted that thing up and it was probably the most in-awe experience of my gaming life since original EQ. I remember looking up and seeing the ring wrap around and understanding I was on the inside of a giant fucking structure and could see across the world, so to speak, by just looking up. Mindblowing. The story was fine, the music was amazing, but the Campaign was really, really well done. I've gone back and played it when the MCC launched on XB1. Just dealing with fucking Hunters at certain times and shotgunning flood except for poppers. Great stuff.

Halo 2 actually had a legit campaign with the Arbiter (Keith fucking DAVID) and their soundtrack done by Incubus (lul). The last level of Halo 2 was probably the most fun driving around while everything just explodes around/under you. The song "Follow" they wrote was pretty good for a video game song too.

Obviously nothing beats the original Halo song. Amazing.

• 1Like