Hannibal

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hannibal

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2013-04-04

Creator: Bryan Fuller

Cast: Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen, Laurence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson, Fortunato Cerlino

Overview: Both a gift and a curse, Graham has the extraordinary ability to think like his prey—he sees what they see, feels what they feel. But while Graham is pursuing an especially troubling, cannibalistic murderer, Special Agent Jack Crawford teams him with a highly respected psychiatrist – a man with a taste for the criminal minded – Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give it a chance purely because it's written by Bryan Fuller. Hopefully it's as good as his other shows and, if so, hopefully it can make it past season 2.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I was hoping this was a Starz/HBO/Showtime historical drama about Hannibal Barca. I am dissapoint
frown.png

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trailer actually looked more interesting than I thought it would and holy shit, Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal? That might just work.

Will give this a shot, and if it is edgy(not some cornball scooby doo horseshit like the Mentalist), will continue to watch.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Fuck this thread. Put Lector in the title
tongue.png

Still waiting for Vin Diesel's 20 year project on this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have very low expectations. Source material is great,butit's network television.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
anthony hopkins made that role. no hopkins, then is just another show about a serial killer with visions of grandeur, aka The Following.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think my two biggest fears for this show are: 1) This will just be another show with the detective whose neurosis gives him godlike powers to solve crimes (a la every detective show since Monk). 2) Hannibal is going to be doing his thing and constantlyalmostbeing caught by either Will or Morpheus.

However, I'm glad to see they're not shying away from the goriness.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
I think my two biggest fears for this show are: 1) This will just be another show with the detective whose neurosis gives him godlike powers to solve crimes (a la every detective show since Monk). 2) Hannibal is going to be doing his thing and constantlyalmostbeing caught by either Will or Morpheus.

However, I'm glad to see they're not shying away from the goriness.
IF they follow the story, then Will is the one who ultimately is going to catch him, although he is going to be seriously wounded in the process, as explained in "Manhunter" (which takes place some years later)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1and later was re-made in Red Dragon, but tbh "Manhunter" was way better imo.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
IF they follow the story, then Will is the one who ultimately is going to catch him, although he is going to be seriously wounded in the process, as explained in "Manhunter" (which takes place some years later)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1and later was re-made in Red Dragon, but tbh "Manhunter" was way better imo.
Right, but this is a show that is supposed to go many seasons, and given the premise of the show, it doesn't seem like Will will be catching Hannibal anytime soon, which leads me to believe there will be some "near misses" just to keep tension up.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was not bad. Potential is there. Will give this few more episodes.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have to say, I'm sold. I think the show was sufficiently creepy enough for what you'd expect from a show that's riding on theThe Silence of the Lambsname. I especially enjoyed the interactions between Will and Hannibal, particularly in how it seems to be that Hannibal either views him to be some sort of protege or toy. Though, I am still curious as how they'll be able to continue to sell Will as this genius that can solve any crime while having Hannibal continue to murder people right under his nose.

I do like how they handled Will reliving the crimes. It's a unique way of showing us what happened, without simultaneously telling us who did it. I also look forward to seeing how this impacts Will's mentality, because I get the sense that that will be where the fact that this is a Bryan Fuller show is will really come through. Going in, I was a little concerned that this show wouldn't have the Bryan Fuller imagination that I've grown to love, and I think this is a really good way of him being able to include it in a sense that doesn't make the show too zany.

pace was way too fast and i couldn't understand a word mads mikkselsen was saying
If I had one complaint, it was definitely that there were so many parts where I had to rewind to figure out what Mikkelsen said. I ended up just having to turn on the closed captioning.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
i couldn't understand a word mads mikkselsen was saying
His lines came out like half whispered mumbles a few times and it was annoying but other than that this was a good first episode.

I do wish they would do away with Will's cyborg scanner moments before going all time cop on us though.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database