Hannibal

mistressmiyu_sl

shitlord
I like it so far. Hopefully, showing the episodes out of order doesn't mess with the storyline. I just got around to viewing this show on demand this weekend, despite low expectations, I'm interested. I liked the first few episodes of The Following too, but the suspension of disbelief became too great to continue watching.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This episode i thought was weaker than the others, mostly because of the focus on jack's wife, who acted like a major cunt the entire time. They could have done far more with the angelmaker guy.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
*spoilerish if you haven't read books*

I didn't mind some focus on the dynamic between Crawford and his wife since I remember her dying in the books and him being a wreck over it. Cut her some slack, she has stage 4 lung cancer and is trying to reconcile her own mortality while also processing the alienation she feels in the pecking order of her husband's priorities.

If memory serves though, she doesn't die until after Hannibal is imprisoned and Agent Starling comes onto the scene, but no telling how true to that timeline this will bother to stay or even if this show plans to ever introduce Starling. I'd love it if it did and the show proceeded to show his behind-bars-super manipulations.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
We don't really need a reboot of Silence of the Lambs though. I don't want to see them push it that far. I'd rather they fill in the gaps leading up to Manhunter.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
full version of episode 4 is out
They sure did make a whole lot of fuss over nothing, the episode itself wasn't very interesting either. There is no graphic child violence of any sort being shown at all (so no worries), just talk and the usual corpses with Will's Cylon Crime Scene Time VisionT
rrr_img_22927.gif
. The abridged version was pointless but, that said I would welcome a few episodes without crime scenes, Jack badgering Will or the usual psycho of the week for a change now and then.

rrr_img_22927.gif

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I just watched the first 2 episodes today and my first impression is that it seems like the producers watched Dexter, loved it, and thought that the Dexter/Harry dynamic would work perfectly with Hannibal and Starling. I like it alot and will continue watching.

Golgotha_sl

shitlord
Anyone have a link to a place where you can watch episode 4? I tried to find one last night, but everything was just the 5th episode labeled as the 4th.

don't like the the csi department part of the show.. perhaps it's that guy who keeps on reminding me that he from kids in the hall. must have been some contractual filming thing that x-many actors have to be canadian.
also don't like the will graham character and his broody hyperemphatic powers. i like his little hot pants he wears in the morning.
feel as though just hannibal and morpheus could hold the show, although, morpheus feels kinda of a miscast. his wife, however, has more screen presence than him.
suppose i only really like hannibal, although, he could turn up the creep factor a bit (subtle ways, like when he was smelling people) seeing as he comes off a bit flat sometimes.

Jim Russel

Lord Nagafen Raider
As much as I like the character development (esp from will and hannibal) I'm worried this is too much of a formulaic house/csi/law and order/x-files (monster of the week) type show. How can there be so many serial killers out there? It's not true to the source material which was restrained and realistic. Stupid people T.V. format dictates that there be a new serial killer caught every week. Boring and predictable. Honestly we're getting to the point where (with online syndication) the idea that each episode being a free-standing storyline is unnecessary, but nobody seems to have realized it yet.

I really want this show to stay good but unless they somehow realized the above issues halfway through shooting, I predict that typical episodes will be entertaining solely due to good acting rather than storyline (a la House) and these will episodes will be interspersed with the occasional plot-progressing episode/scene which will be what keeps us watching the show. I guess filler material equals money, but I'd rather see this as a mini-series.

++
pretty much how i feel too.
also, mealtime is getting a little bit played out.
i'm very much suprized at the level of gore on the show. odd standards. can show disturbing images but can't show gentials or swear? tvo is about the only channel now with integrity.
i can't see it going for another season, but if it does i don't see myself watching it.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
the ambient background music that never shuts up is beginning to annoy the fuck out of me. it's supposed to indicate tension or something, not be blaring during every scene when you are trying to listen to hannibal mumble his way through his dialogue.

maybe i just get shitty torrents.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good episode and I liked that they worked in Dr. Chilton, but I am not sure how I felt about the showdown between poor Anna Chlumsky from 'My Girl' and Hannibal. It was a direct ripoff from the showdown between Will Graham and Lecter in 'Red Dragon'.

?
7 is 'sorbet'
6 is 'fromage'

this week's broadcast was 6 (from tv.com). alot of the ones labelled 7 is actually 6. is there an actual 7 out? (what's the name of it if so)

Fedor

<Banned>
?
7 is 'sorbet'
6 is 'fromage'

this week's broadcast was 6 (from tv.com). alot of the ones labelled 7 is actually 6. is there an actual 7 out? (what's the name of it if so)
tv.com calls it episode 6 because episode 4 was pulled. Episode 7 (sorbet) is going to be aired in the US in about half an hour from now but it was already shown in Canada earlier so that's why it was already online.

ah i see it now. thought they were both shown at the same time(cnd/usa) or that there might have been a leak. next week is going to be broadcasted at 9 wed on city (normally 10pm est)