Have any of you seen the new $100 USD yet?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I deposited my check today and took a little as spending cash. The new $100 bill is fucking awesome.

It has a hologram built in, has raised ink sections and really wild colors.
My bank said that they came in yesterday. Here's a quick video I took of it to try and show off the hologram stripe.

nate_sl

shitlord
Lol have I seen the new $100 bill yet. Shiiiit son you know me. If it ain't a hundo I just throw it out. Ain't nobody got time for twenties.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember when they introduced the new 5? bill here in spring, my gf came to me from the food booth at a festival, complaining about receiving the worst counterfeit 5? bill ever and she was really pissed until we explained her there's a new one...

I wonder how many people will be shot over drug trades because of the fake money used to pay in the next few days
wink.png

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I remember when they introduced the new 5? bill here in spring, my gf came to me from the food booth at a festival, complaining about receiving the worst counterfeit 5? bill ever and she was really pissed until we explained her there's a new one...

I wonder how many people will be shot over drug trades because of the fake money used to pay in the next few days
wink.png
I'd venture to say most drug dealers will be familiar with the new bill before most normal citizens will be, lol...

Seriously, I'm only sort of joking here.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its weird to see a Geithner signature on a brand new issued type of bill. Was all amped to see how Jackie's signature looked on a it. =/

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just curious how does the govt get old money out of circulation? Some kind of agreement with banks?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Just curious how does the govt get old money out of circulation? Some kind of agreement with banks?
Yes basically. The bank sends back to the Fed any bills that are ripped/marked up etc and the Fed replaces them with new bills I believe.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
About time they got around to bringing the currency into the 21st century. I was in Canada last month and besides the currency having colors and holograms, the bills themselves were made out of some type of plastic. You could wash the money (lol) and it was very difficult to rip. Only negative seemed to be that just like a fresh paper bill, they had a tendency to stick together.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
When the first released the new plastic cash in Canada, bank machines were not calibrated for then so some folks would multiple extra bills as they would stick together. Not me tho ;(

That is one weak ass holigram.

Do you guys even science?

polymer 100 canadian dollar note reverse.jpg

Or model your cash after the work of George Clooney?

canada-bills.jpg

Gauss_sl

shitlord
Attrition? I don't know, the supply has a very long tail, at least for coins. I found quite a few silver quarters back in the 90's and a wheat penny like 3 years ago (switched over to basically all card payments since then so the chance of me finding any in the future is nil)

As for the $100 bill, how do you even get one these days? When you are withdrawing >$500 from the bank in cash? The last time I had a $100 bill was when I was about 10 and exchanged all my allowance money for one. ATM's only give out 20's.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I recently found some United States Note $5 bills that were still crisp like the day they were printed. They probably got stolen from somebody collecting them. No other way to explain them lasting that long really.

Steel pennies are where it's at. Wheat pennies are actually not too uncommon.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I went to the bank and deposited my check into my account. I also withdrew on the same deposit ticket. They told me about the new $100's, so I asked for one with the withdraw.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I dunno how much I like the new plastic bills. The security features, graphics, and all that shit is cool. But the material itself, I just don't know. The bills stick together like crazy, and you can't give them a good crease like you can with paper. I would imagine they'll last a lot longer, and they might well be a bit more hygenic in that they don't absorb stuff as much. The feel of them is just off.

At least we're not doing different sized bills. That shit rustles my jimmies like crazy.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I dunno how much I like the new plastic bills. The security features, graphics, and all that shit is cool. But the material itself, I just don't know. The bills stick together like crazy, and you can't give them a good crease like you can with paper. I would imagine they'll last a lot longer, and they might well be a bit more hygenic in that they don't absorb stuff as much. The feel of them is just off.

At least we're not doing different sized bills. That shit rustles my jimmies like crazy.
I love different sized bills. It's great to be able to pull money out of your wallet without even having to look at it. A lot easier to sort and count, too.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I still hear people say the new bills stick together, but I am in retail and I have never once had that happen.

Itzena_sl

shitlord

Bank of England | Banknotes | Current Banknotes

Fiver: Blue-green, smallest note, circle.
Tenner: Orange-brown, bigger than fiver, diamond.
Score: Purple, bigger than tenner.
Half-ton: Red, bigger than score.

Makes lifesomuch easier.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I honestly think color is enough, no need for size. Unless it's pitch black or you're blind, color alone is all you need to quickly yank the correct amount out of your wallet. When I moved to the states the lack of color and a $2 bill or coin initially drove me nuts. Not only did it take a lot longer to count out the correct amount because I had to look at each bill's denomination, but after a few days I'd end up with about a gazillion singles stuffed into my wallet.