Having an existential crisis

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
your being a loser is just that. an existential crisis transcends wealth and prestige and achievements. it's about pondering the absurdity of life. keep your garbage-ass 4chan-inspired comments to yourself.
I was depressed and pondering life. My meaning of life was to gain prestige and achieve things, why is that so different?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
your being a loser is just that. an existential crisis transcends wealth and prestige and achievements. it's about pondering the absurdity of life. keep your garbage-ass 4chan-inspired comments to yourself.
Life is absurd and limited. The alternative to just enjoying it as it is, is NOT enjoying it. Enjoying it seems better than not doing so. You have limited alternatives in this matter.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I think the modern pharma industry revolves around dick hardness and existential crises.

I'm 27, and have definitely dealt with the early/mid twenties blues. I never sought psychological help, but it was a very very difficult time in my life.

The sooner you accept and understand the social obligations that come with true adulthood, the sooner you'll feel better.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the years from 13-19 were one prolonged existential crisis.

After a while you stop caring.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Supertouch should watch Fight Club.

So he/she/it can spawn an alter ego to listen and deal with all this crap for us.

Sulrn

Deuces
how often do you have one? i had them pretty often in school and in my late 20s. what triggered yours?
It was already mentioned, but it's been my experience that the only people having an existential crisis were those of faith around me. I had my "Atheist Epiphany" early on in life and have never had any major issues arise besides social anxiety of being the only non-believer in a room for most of my life.

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
It was already mentioned, but it's been my experience that the only people having an existential crisis were those of faith around me. I had my "Atheist Epiphany" early on in life and have never had any major issues arise besides social anxiety of being the only non-believer in a room for most of my life.
I'm a hardcore atheist yet still wonder why I'm bothering to do what I do on a daily basis. It usually goes something like this in the middle of working a 15 hour day, "Why am I bothering with this stupid job? Why don't I just pack up, head to Costa Rica, and surf?" Barring that why don't I go to Costa Rica and start a business since they don't seem to know much about running one down there. I have this insane fixation with going to Costa Rica and how my life will magically be way better if I move there.

Don't get me wrong in the grand scheme of things I have a cushy job that pays really well. However, it's a super stressful job, and a good chunk of the time and I'm often left wondering if it's worth it.

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
Strangely, my excuse for not being available instead of having to return video tapes is having to shine my shoes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also had a mmo existential crisis a few years ago. I was raiding and getting gear one day and I went "why am I doing this? What is the purpose?" And then I stopped playing for a couple months. It was a crisis.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Had one three years ago, ended up losing 200+ lbs.. Had one a few months ago, am working towards going back to school.

Apparently they're not crises in my case. So fuck all y'all with your first-world problems and use the opportunity to change your life around and better yourself.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Had one three years ago, ended up losing 200+ lbs.. Had one a few months ago, am working towards going back to school.

Apparently they're not crises in my case. So fuck all y'all with your first-world problems and use the opportunity to change your life around and better yourself.
Jesus Christ dude, what'd you have a crisis about, the inexhaustible supply of Cheetos? You'd have to make major life changes to lose 200lbs+.