HDTVs

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Ok, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 55" LG CX for $1400. More than I was planning on spending when I started TV shopping, but since I probably won't get my hands on a 3070 or 3080 this year, I might as well buy something nicer while it's available.

Let me know if I'm making a mistake.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 55" LG CX for $1400. More than I was planning on spending when I started TV shopping, but since I probably won't get my hands on a 3070 or 3080 this year, I might as well buy something nicer while it's available.

What are you replacing and why not the 65"? I'll never go back (smaller).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

tenor.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
65 is too big and too expensive, I don't sit all that far away from it.

Replacing a 55" 2018 TCL 6 series.
It will be a monstrous upgrade regardless, but a 65 will be $1400 in a couple months if that's your budget. Can't really say "no, don't do it" but I worked a deal to get my C8 for $1250 when it was still being retailed for nearly $3k, so assume I'm gonna expect better.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It will be a monstrous upgrade regardless, but a 65 will be $1400 in a couple months if that's your budget. Can't really say "no, don't do it" but I worked a deal to get my C8 for $1250 when it was still being retailed for nearly $3k, so assume I'm gonna expect better.

I would normally not mind waiting for price drops, but this was prompted by the backlight on my parents' TV failing. They're going to get the TCL, so sooner is better. Plus with the way things are right now I worry about availability later in the year.

I sit a little less than 10' from the thing and I have it on a swivel stand so I can see it easily when I'm at my desk. While 65" would be nice and I could probably reconfigure things to deal with the extra 9" in width, I am happy with a 55" set.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

LG C-series is the best thing you can get, outside of the really expensive stuff. CX should be pretty cheap right now with C1s in stores, $1400 sounds like a good deal. Not making a mistake at all. Obviously GX, C1 or G1 would be better but you're jumping up substantially in price for those and CX on its own will be a huge improvement.

I also like the 55'' myself but I'm strongly tempted to go 65'' with this next TV I get. It's certainly a conundrum without seeing them in action firsthand. 55'' really does seem like the perfect TV size (I sit about 7 feet away myself), not too big and not too small. However for a wall-mounted TV I think the time may be nigh to try 65'' and just get completely engulfed by it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
65" is def the next set im getting. I have a 55" and its getting smaller and smaller as I walk by it. Especiallyu when I walk by the Costco 75" and 85" sets they have on display.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
65" is def the next set im getting. I have a 55" and its getting smaller and smaller as I walk by it. Especiallyu when I walk by the Costco 75" and 85" sets they have on display.
i sit 4ft in front of the 75" and it's goldilocks perfect

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
85" in the family room is fucking money.

The Sony X90H has the best out-of-the-box colors I've ever witnessed.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So the CX came in today. Goddamn is it gorgeous.

I was at half mast just dialing in the settings.

• 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Patience aside, I'm considering just going with the C1 myself at this point. Not sure how keen I am on G series wall-mounting. The wall has studs and it's pretty safe for a wall mount, but I've never done that with a TV and I might constantly be worried about it falling or something. Maybe more importantly than that, it might kill my security deposit next time I move around. I don't like how G1's art gallery stand looks either. The stand for GX is a lot better / more traditional. I could go with GX + a stand for like $150 less than the C1, so that's also an option. Not sure how they compare to each other, would need to really get into their specs.

Too bad I can't see into the future. If the G1's wall-mount is stable and doesn't do any real damage to the wall, then we're fine. Would prefer to get a G1, just concerned about the wall-mounting.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Patience aside, I'm considering just going with the C1 myself at this point. Not sure how keen I am on G series wall-mounting. The wall has studs and it's pretty safe for a wall mount, but I've never done that with a TV and I might constantly be worried about it falling or something. Maybe more importantly than that, it might kill my security deposit next time I move around. I don't like how G1's art gallery stand looks either. The stand for GX is a lot better / more traditional. I could go with GX + a stand for like $150 less than the C1, so that's also an option. Not sure how they compare to each other, would need to really get into their specs.

Too bad I can't see into the future. If the G1's wall-mount is stable and doesn't do any real damage to the wall, then we're fine. Would prefer to get a G1, just concerned about the wall-mounting.
jesus

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Been using a 65'' Frame TV from Samsung that's very similar to that LG. It's fantastic when hung correctly with no visible wires.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Cutting a square in the wall for the recessed box is a massive no from me, dawg.

I was worried about just putting a normal TV mount up and having holes in the wall from that. My plan was to have one of those cord-hiding things running down the wall with the cords stored in it:

Comparing C1 to GX, what I'm seeing is that GX is basically the same specs as CX, only designed for wall-mount and gallery mode, while C1 obviously improves on CX. In other words C1 is better than GX, but not designed for wall-mount. So that makes the choice between C1 and GX pretty easy, if I decide wall-mounting a G1 isn't going to work.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Cutting a square in the wall for the recessed box is a massive no from me, dawg.

I was worried about just putting a normal TV mount up and having holes in the wall from that. My plan was to have one of those cord-hiding things running down the wall with the cords stored in it:

Comparing C1 to GX, what I'm seeing is that GX is basically the same specs as CX, only designed for wall-mount and gallery mode, while C1 obviously improves on CX. In other words C1 is better than GX, but not designed for wall-mount. So that makes the choice between C1 and GX pretty easy, if I decide wall-mounting a G1 isn't going to work.
No reason to guess: LG GX OLED vs LG C1 OLED Side-by-Side TV Comparison

• 1Like