Dark Yellow White Passing Supremacist
<Nazi Janitors>
haha lulz really, what in the fuck
d5d5544a509405fbef2f80907d569ddf.jpg

Rajaah

Paperhands McGee
<Silver Donator>
24d 13h 22m
The Sony A90J has flat feet that are flush with the TV, meaning the whole thing looks really good on a TV stand (like it's sitting directly on the stand). Good for people without a soundbar to obscure the view of all of the cords behind the TV, since you can't see under it. I should probably get that if I want a top-tier TV without any fuss. Except it costs $800 more than a G1.

This is a tough call. I could just grab a C1 and be done with it and probably not be missing much, but I'm going to wait a bit more and see how feasible G1 is (if they even get it).

• 1Like
Reactions: Nester

Lanx

Dark Yellow White Passing Supremacist
<Nazi Janitors>
costco has some kind of whacked deal for a 48 lg cx for 1350 w/ allstate insurance and $100 hulu credit?

Rajaah

Paperhands McGee
<Silver Donator>
24d 13h 22m

More negative press on the G1... starting to think I'm lucky it's taken so long to be in stock. Looks like it's basically the same thing as the C1 side-by-side and the wall mounting is a PITA. It was a cool idea and I was looking forward to impressing chix with gallery mode, but I think I'm gonna pass on the G1 at this point. Question now is C1 or A90J. For $1200 less I'm almost certain I'll stick with LG, but I have to admit there's an appeal to getting THE BEST TV EVER~! as well. I can afford either one, though in Sony's case less-easily, and I do think it's overpriced. Will do some more comparing.

Funny thing is, the thing that'll end up deciding this might actually be the base. LG C1 has a centralized base, so I can keep a 65'' on my existing TV stand made for 55'' TVs. A90J has feet on either end, which won't fit on my TV stand unless I could move the feet inward. Usually you can do that with Sony TVs... but not this one. This one thing is a dealbreaker cause I have no interest in getting a new stand or getting rid of the one I have that I've had for many years now.

Last edited:

Break

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
33d 6h 17m
I'd love to see that A90J in my living room but I'm addicted to 85" TVs so it looks like I'm at least 2 years away from an OLED TV. Funny story: I first ordered a 75" samsung in 2018 which the delivery driver accidentally gave to someone else and tried to give me their el cheapo LG 75" lower end TV. The driver calls the guy who got my Samsung and the dude told him he was keeping it, it did cost at least 2x more than what he had ordered and he said "he wasn't scared of jail, he had already been there" or some kind of tough guy routine like that, so the guy refused to return the high end Samsung TV.

So I called Buydig and they offered to send me another plus give me back some cash for the trouble and I asked about the 85" X900F instead, which wasn't quite out yet, and he offered me $1000 off the retail price and an Xbox One X for $100. I had to wait about a month but it was worth it because it's got incredible blacks for a non-OLED and I can't imagine going back to a smaller TV of any kind.

The A90J in 85" would probably cost $10k today. Maybe $7K for the 2022 model and $5k in 2023 so I'm probably just going to wait until then.

Rajaah

Paperhands McGee
<Silver Donator>
24d 13h 22m
I'd love to see that A90J in my living room but I'm addicted to 85" TVs so it looks like I'm at least 2 years away from an OLED TV. Funny story: I first ordered a 75" samsung in 2018 which the delivery driver accidentally gave to someone else and tried to give me their el cheapo LG 75" lower end TV. The driver calls the guy who got my Samsung and the dude told him he was keeping it, it did cost at least 2x more than what he had ordered and he said "he wasn't scared of jail, he had already been there" or some kind of tough guy routine like that, so the guy refused to return the high end Samsung TV.

So I called Buydig and they offered to send me another plus give me back some cash for the trouble and I asked about the 85" X900F instead, which wasn't quite out yet, and he offered me $1000 off the retail price and an Xbox One X for $100. I had to wait about a month but it was worth it because it's got incredible blacks for a non-OLED and I can't imagine going back to a smaller TV of any kind.

The A90J in 85" would probably cost $10k today. Maybe $7K for the 2022 model and $5k in 2023 so I'm probably just going to wait until then.

I didn't know people could just refuse to return things that were erroneously delivered to them, with no repercussions. Just another symptom of our crumbling society.

Anyway I just got the C1 65", think I made the right choice. It was either that or an A90J 55", since the Sony has feet instead of a base and thus I don't have room for it. Why this is a thing and bases aren't the norm is beyond me. "To leave room for a soundbar"...yeah except A90J has a built-in soundbar essentially. Other deciding factors were Sony being overpriced and LG having substantially lower input lag for gaming.

Never had a 65" before so I'm pumped. Also pumped to see the evolution of the C6 which has served me so well.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
44d 6h 6m
I think i am also going to drop down to the C1 77''

G1 just does not seem like a big enough leap in panel brightness to justify the cost nor the inconvenience of wall mounting (for me)