HDTVs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
On a computer screen up close, I can see a difference very easily. 10ft+ back from a 46" TV? Can't really see enough of a difference that I give a shit, and it's worked fine in keeping my 2TB hard drive from getting full, and keeping my 1TB data cap in check.

You must have terrible eye sight.

Granted I don't have a bandwidth cap but I can't see how downloading some 1.5GB HD tv episodes is going to use 1tb

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You must have terrible eye sight.

Granted I don't have a bandwidth cap but I can't see how downloading some 1.5GB HD tv episodes is going to use 1tb
Multiply 1.5gb x 100+ shows I download episodes for, and I'm extremely slow to watch them, so I can't delete that many very often.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Multiply 1.5gb x 100+ shows I download episodes for, and I'm extremely slow to watch them, so I can't delete that many very often.

100 shows a month?

Have you cut the cord or something and think downloading shitty def files of shows that you never get round to watching is somehow superior to paying for a cable package and watching them on a HD broadcast?

I don't even have a basic UK TV license because there's nothing worth watching on it, but I do download premium tier and second tier US series. At any one time there might be maximum 3 top tier shows to download and 1-2 mid tier shows

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
100 shows a month?

Have you cut the cord or something and think downloading shitty def files of shows that you never get round to watching is somehow superior to paying for a cable package and watching them on a HD broadcast?

I don't even have a basic UK TV license because there's nothing worth watching on it, but I do download premium tier and second tier US series. At any one time there might be maximum 3 top tier shows to download and 1-2 mid tier shows
100+ shows on my list. Not all download all the time due to their schedules.

And why the fuck are you all over my balls with how I watch my fucking TV? First it was HD vs SD, and now it's how could I possibly have so much TV to watch or download? Give it the fuck up.

News at 11... People watch TV differently than you do!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
100+ shows on my list. Not all download all the time due to their schedules.

And why the fuck are you all over my balls with how I watch my fucking TV? First it was HD vs SD, and now it's how could I possibly have so much TV to watch or download? Give it the fuck up.

News at 11... People watch TV differently than you do!

because you're still watching TV in standard definition?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
well we'd have to go back to 2004 for that, as I got my first HDTV in 2005 - purely to watch downloaded episodes of LOST in HD and other shows of that era
I think the first Anime to come out Widescreen + HD was Samurai 7.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Whats the scoop on TV's now? I missed out on the Quantum Dot KS8000 deal for $1399 for a 65" a while back (Im kicking myself) but it looks like now everything for new models suck. And are also over 3k for what I would be interested in. Also, whats the difference between HDR and "Dolby Vision" HDR?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Whats the scoop on TV's now? I missed out on the Quantum Dot KS8000 deal for $1399 for a 65" a while back (Im kicking myself) but it looks like now everything for new models suck. And are also over 3k for what I would be interested in. Also, whats the difference between HDR and "Dolby Vision" HDR?
the good deals on TVs don't start until they begin trying to clearance out the previous year's models so they can bring out the new stuff. starts around Black Friday and goes into the first few months of the next year.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
the good deals on TVs don't start until they begin trying to clearance out the previous year's models so they can bring out the new stuff. starts around Black Friday and goes into the first few months of the next year.

Ok I'll wait.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Utnayan Utnayan
If you are looking for a good tv for the kids or a second 4k tv, this one looks like an amazing deal for pre order. $599 for a 55 inch 4k with roku built in and dolby vision with 72 zone FALD and WCG.

Amazon.com: TCL 55P607 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2017 Model): Televisions & Video

TCL 55" P-Series Model 55P607 4K HDR Roku TV with Dolby Vision: First Look - AVSForum.com

It really is an amazing TV for the price if you are on a budget or want to get one for the kids.
da fuq, it takes 2-3 months to ship from Amazon???

Oldbased

> Than U
well we'd have to go back to 2004 for that, as I got my first HDTV in 2005 - purely to watch downloaded episodes of LOST in HD and other shows of that era
Semi funny story. We had to replace our old flat panel bought in 2006 last month, but while researching the issue it was having I found a Youtube video from 2009 that described the issue perfectly. The video was FULL of comments of people having the same issue, how we made it 11 years when most didn't make it 2-3 I don't know but the newest comment was in 2012 and stated. Welp I just officially retired this TV, the last of it's kind. Now the newest comment is in 2017 and simply states Wrong trump.gif