HDTVs

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Motion Blur and Input Lag are not the same fucking thing you cretin. Plasma's don't suffer from motion blur you fucking moron. How often do you lie about shit? Did you actually buy any new consoles? I'd like to see pictures for proof.

They do suffer from input lag, however I have a 120hz monitor and I didn't notice the lag at all on Sean's TV. I'm sure I would if you put them side to side or we were trying to play a shooter online against each other. I'd take Sean on his Plasma over you on any fucking device on Earth in any game however.

When was the last time anyone took anything Column said seriously? Why would ANYONE listen to you? You haven't said a useful fucking thing on FOH or Rerolled in your entire life, why would you start now?

Column_sl

shitlord
Motion Blur and Input Lag are not the same fucking thing you cretin.
i never said they were dumbass, hence the argument that a PC monitor with true 120hz is much smoother when turning then any tv will ever be...

Learn to read...

If you really think a plasma can stand against a 144hz monitor you are dumb as you look. Get Seans cock out of your ass.

Sound like Seans little boyfriend just ran to his defense, do you two cuddle at night as well?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like Tuco's warning brings about as much fear as this!

rrr_img_50251.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Looks like Tuco's warning brings about as much fear as this!
He will just infract me anyway. He pretty much lets Sean ,and his boyfriend do whatever they want on this site.

It's the same as it was on FOH imho.

Column_sl

shitlord
Right, which makes a plasma a better choice than a regular LCD, but an inferior choice to a 120hz/144hz monitor (note: not a 120hz/240hz television that uses motion interpolation to fake its smoothness). 120-144hz monitors are also designed specifically to reduce latency, which plasmas televisions are not.

Good 120hz-144hz monitors are the closest I've seen to CRTs in terms of smoothness and responsiveness; they're awesome. Just need some IPS panels and they'll be near perfect.

Read my edit. It's not about motion resolution (which I agree is better on a plasma than virtually every LCD/LED) but input latency, responsiveness, and smoothness.

120hz-144hz monitors simply show more frames, leading to a smoother, more accurate picture. It also gives your brain more time to process and react to the game, which is particularly important in twitch based games where 10ms can be the difference between life and death.

rrr_img_50258.jpg
I wouldn't be playing twitch FPS on them since they're gigantic TVs and not suitable for that, but for anything else they're pretty much perfect.
And this argument is done

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They currently have PS4s hooked up to ZT60's at Frys. I've seen the amount of Blur you get from turning first hand, and I can post the real numbers cited from people who did tests on input lag.
Does anyone actually believe this? As far as I know Frys doesn't even sell the fucking ZT60.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...t.y=-151&cat=0

I've also been to my local Frys and they definitely are not hooked up to ZT60's. How about a picture with some proof and this blur you talked about? You've seen the amount first hand even though you wouldn't see "blur" from fucking input lag.

How about you just stop lying about shit when you don't know what you're talking about? I know your dumb shit response is coming and I don't care, I won't be responding to your dumb shit again, I just don't want you spreading bullshit around to people that might actually want help.

Column_sl

shitlord
They sell all the Panasonics haha. They have a VT right next to a ZT on display in our Texas store. The ZT is an open box proving, yes they did sell Zt60s.
If you really ever went to a frys (which I doubt since you seem to think they all look the same like a Best Buy) you would realize they are a warehouse, and keep way more products then are listed on there sites.
They even have bulbs for really old CRTs in stock.

I've posted 3 diffrent sources proving my point that not only are Plasmas shit for twitch gaming, but Computer monitors are far superior.
all you are doing is flapping your gums, which I assume are pretty chapped from sucking on Seans dick all the time..

St60 is a not the best Purchase out there for your PS4. Even your boyfriend admits, and is quoted as saying they are not good for twitch gaming.

So either provide some sources ,and facts to back up your statements are shut that piehole.

No matter what Sean, or I say about just visualizing that TV means jack shit because that is purely opinion at that point. The numbers don't lie.

It's really only noticeable in Fighting Games where frame counting matters (and you'd have a specialized display for those if you were seriously into them, it's fine for "normal" play) and some people are sensitive to it in 2D platformers.
I wouldn't be playing twitch FPS on them since they're gigantic TVs and not suitable for that, but for anything else they're pretty much perfect.
That above quote is what they call game, set , and match.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I haven't spent alot of time researching new TVs, but this looks like a pretty damn good black friday deal. Thoughts?

rrr_img_50268.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Best Buy's black friday deal has this going for $499

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-54-5-8-diag--led-1080p-120hz-hdtv/1725543.p?id=1219062287250skuId=1725543

Anyone have experience with LG's? Thanks.
I have a LG Plasma and love it. I do remember something about that TruMotion making the picture look 'too real' for lack of a better descriptor (think some people might call it the Soap Opera effect). Might sound appealing but in actuality it is not. So take a look at the actual display and/or see if you can turn that feature off.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have a LG Plasma and love it. I do remember something about that TruMotion making the picture look 'too real' for lack of a better descriptor (think some people might call it the Soap Opera effect). Might sound appealing but in actuality it is not. So take a look at the actual display and/or see if you can turn that feature off.
I also have an LG plasma from Costco and I love it. Every friend I have who has watched a football game in my home can't stop talking about how great it looks. LG is a damn solid brand.

spronk

FPS noob
best monitor you can get right now is probably this
Amazon.com: ASUS VG248QE 24-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor: Computers Accessories

while its 144hz and 1ms response, it is NOT gSync out of the box, you have to buy a kit and install it yourself and shit, and its only 24" screens that can do this and they are all 1920x1080 not 2560x1440. the 27" korean screens can be overclocked to 120hz (but not always successfully) but they are not gSync'able at all afaik. While <$300 for the 24" is cheap so easy to move off in six to twelve months, the future is definitely going to be 2560x1440 27" 120hz gSync monitors and then 6-18 months later 4k 27-30" gSync monitors.

so right now it kinda sucks, you can't get the best of all worlds - 1440p, 120hz, gSync. You have to either go 1080p and gSync-"ready", or 1440p and rebuy in 1 year or less. I'm running 1440p @ 120hz on main and 1080p on side browser screen, and hoping a gSync ready is announced in January.

NVIDIA Shows-Off G-SYNC @ BlizzCon 2013

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why you should buy a Panny Plasma for your PS4 or Xbone before they are no longer sold.

Input Lag Test Database: Best TV For Gaming

Sorry to bring some real facts in here Column.
Yeah, pretty sure the tests aren't even remotely accurate for Plasmas, especially the higher end Panasonics which use this:Panasonic 2012 Plasma - 2500Hz FFD Explanation Attempt | Pay The Rant

Pretty much no one who actually owns the set has said that it's noticeable and photo tests put it much, much lower than the Leo Bodnar readings. Pretty good insight in Dazed's link. The numbers are just meaningless and good Plasmas look and feel amazingly smooth and responsive on top of having perfect motion resolution.

Column_sl

shitlord
Pretty much no one who actually owns the set has said that it's noticeable and photo tests put it much, much lower than the Leo Bodnar readings. Pretty good insight in Dazed's link. The numbers are just meaningless and good Plasmas look and feel amazingly smooth and responsive on top of having perfect motion resolution.
O it feels right to you does it? well we should all go on that because of course that is sound defective work right there.

Hey everyone it passed the Feels right to Sean test, it has no input lag..

Of course you then contradict yourself completely

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
It's really only noticeable in Fighting Games where frame counting matters (and you'd have a specialized display for those if you were seriously into them, it's fine for "normal" play) and some people are sensitive to it in 2D platformers.
Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Nice job guys.. If you want almost no input lag go with a

2013 65" Sony KDL-65W850A 1080p 120hz 3D LED HDTV AVG 18ms
2013 55" Sony KDL-55W802A 1080p 120hz 3D LED HDTV AVG 17ms

Which in that report linked above are both at 8 ms in game.

As far as the smoothness of turning from 144hz monitors to Plasmas. I left enough real data above to prove my point.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes, if you want a mediocre picture for a few ms of input lag that you cannot notice while playing, by all means, spend more money on a Sony.