He Never Died - with Henry Rollins

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
just watched this. It's 2 hours of henry rollins being henry rollins giving zero fucks about anything. So if you are in to that then yeah, decent flick.
Wow, a fairly original idea from Hollywood. And it looks good, to boot.
fairly original for hollywood, sure.
edit:
the biblical caine marked by god to never die, forced to consume the blood of men to sustain himself is the entire premise and origin of the vampire mythos in White Wolf's world of darkness/vampire: the masquerade though. And everything from Underworld to the twilight series is based on that.

I put this in spoiler's just in case. I know the trailer gives it away that he's Caine from the bible, but the trailer doesn't reveal that he's the first (only?) vampire ala Vampire the Masquerade mythos.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched this last night. It's a pretty strange movie, but appealing in the way that it's strange. He's a vampire, but only to the extent that he eats flesh/drinks blood. He's more of a cannibal that can't die in those regards though. And he doesn't even do it "that much". And he isn't affected by crosses or sunlight. So it's not a traditional vampire at all.

It's just a very strange movie. But if you watch it, you'll like it. And it's unique. You could get incredibly wealthy if you just live forever. But at the same time, things would be so boring. No wonder he just wants to "exist".

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
solid movie. love how he doesn't' give a fuck and keeps asking what time it is, lol like come on!

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Watched this over Christmas and found it to be a delightful horror comedy.

I really like how the portray how plain bored he is of everything. Let me play senior bingo in peace!

Jovec

?
Streaming on Netflix. The plot was basic and as mentioned the premise not overly unique, but Rollins really nailed the "no fucks given" attitude of his character.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Streaming on Netflix. The plot was basic and as mentioned the premise not overly unique, but Rollins really nailed the "no fucks given" attitude of his character.
Yup. I wish he'd do a lot more stand up again. I caught glimpses of that in his character, in this movie.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah i didnt think the story looked unique, i've seen Taken. But I forgot I wanted to see this movie. Thanks for the heads up.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was entertaining, not cringeworthy and the zero fucks given attitude is spot on. Sad times, it wasn't released in theaters near enough for me to see it's run, but it really didn't need the big screen treatment to be enjoyable.

Really wish Rollins was in more stuff.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Never saw the trailer, but remember seeing this thread title and gave it a shot when it popped up on Netflix's suggestion for me.

Great movie

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This was actually pretty fucking awesome. They went a tad heavy handed with the Cain stuff, felt like it would have worked better if it was more understated/implied rather than just, you know, saying it. Also putting it in the trailer is a shit idea.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This was actually pretty fucking awesome. They went a tad heavy handed with the Cain stuff, felt like it would have worked better if it was more understated/implied rather than just, you know, saying it.Also putting it in the trailer is a shit idea.
I think that's the key.

I wasn't expecting the Cain thing at all and figured they were just going 100% vampire route. Not looking for that stuff for the first 3/4 of the movie made it seem like enough explanation to know what was going on without feeling like I was being bit over the head with it

Spoiled just because it's the type of movie people will probably find over time

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This was actually pretty fucking awesome. They went a tad heavy handed with the Cain stuff, felt like it would have worked better if it was more understated/implied rather than just, you know, saying it. Also putting it in the trailer is a shit idea.
Honest question, when you say heavy handed, what do you mean? I only remember it taking up a few minutes of screen time. Cara had a wtf face and he just told her and that was it

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Him just straight up telling her is the problem, it just feels far too direct. It's like he's not telling her, he's telling the audience, just in case they had somehow not already figured it out/assumed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Him just straight up telling her is the problem, it just feels far too direct. It's like he's not telling her, he's telling the audience, just in case they had somehow not already figured it out/assumed.
I don't think 99.9% of people would have understood he was Cain if he didn't directly say so. Otherwise people would've just thought he was a vampire.

iannis

Musty Nester
Or a fallen Angel. Cain was son of man, but in one of the first scenes we see Henry with his shirt off and two large wing scars. I think there was maybe a revision in the script at some point.

I enjoyed it though. Good flick. I would have been fine with more Cain stuff. I think they did a good job avoiding the temptation.