Headphones & Audio Devices

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brahma is straight audiophile and I'm on the cusp really. I play guitar so my ears can't deal with shit sound
Eh.. the issue is usually with the source, not the player. I suppose you're right, they wouldn't be as good as some $250 pair, but comparing those to a $50 pair? I really doubt you're going to notice much difference, so save yourself the $30+.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I ordered a similar model of those last year that someone on here linked. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016U75MMC/

Yeah, they're cheap and the sound quality is ok, but they're pretty mediocre otherwise. Signal strength is weak and for the first 20-30 seconds of playback is choppy as hell. Battery life is pretty good, but I don't push them that much as I prefer the wired earbuds that I have. I pretty much only use them when I'm doing yard work or things where a cord would be inconvenient.

Overall I wouldn't call them a bad purchase, but I'd be more than willing to spend a bit more for something better.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I ordered a similar model of those last year that someone on here linked. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016U75MMC/

Yeah, they're cheap and the sound quality is ok, but they're pretty mediocre otherwise. Signal strength is weak and for the first 20-30 seconds of playback is choppy as hell. Battery life is pretty good, but I don't push them that much as I prefer the wired earbuds that I have. I pretty much only use them when I'm doing yard work or things where a cord would be inconvenient.

Overall I wouldn't call them a bad purchase, but I'd be more than willing to spend a bit more for something better.
I linked those same brand/style a couple posts above. I probably was the one that linked them in the first place as they were on sale for even cheaper back in December. I've had none of the problems you were speaking of. Guess I got lucky, as mine worked out really well.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I ordered these and should have them today. Will see how it goes.

Soygen. I found some great earbuds. They sound great. They fit perfectly. The blue-tooth works flawless, and the distance from my phone is about 20 feet before a drop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XL11BJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Earbuds.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Anything good that's not in-ear ? I'm looking for something like the apple earpods, currently using these Urbanista Berlin Review | Trusted Reviews which aren't that great and now I'm looking for an upgrade.

Also, I don't want noise canceling ones since I bike a lot and need to hear shit like cars.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's the sound quality like on wireless vs wired headphones? I bought a set of wireless headphones maybe 7 years back and returned them immediately because they didn't sound that great.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What's the sound quality like on wireless vs wired headphones? I bought a set of wireless headphones maybe 7 years back and returned them immediately because they didn't sound that great.

Going to assume you mean Blue-tooth. Pretty much the same. The bandwidth for full rich sound just isn't there with blue-tooth. RF wireless sound is fine though. Sennheiser and Sony make great RF cans. Sennheiser being the better of the two.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The reviews on those headphones don't seem so hot. Overdriven bass, and the integrated amplifier fucks with the audio.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the current recommendation for a midrange headphone amp/dac? I have a FIIO E10 and I'm suspicious that it's the cause of ripping explosion sounds through two pairs of headphones(Sennheiser HD595 and Beyerdynamic DT880). I've upgraded my computer at least once during that time.

I was thinking of picking up the O2+ODAC combo. Is there something better in the ~$300 price range?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
What's the current recommendation for a midrange headphone amp/dac? I have a FIIO E10 and I'm suspicious that it's the cause of ripping explosion sounds through two pairs of headphones(Sennheiser HD595 and Beyerdynamic DT880). I've upgraded my computer at least once during that time.

I was thinking of picking up the O2+ODAC combo. Is there something better in the ~$300 price range?
Are you looking to be portable or stationary at your desktop? The choice of an O2 makes me think you're not going to be carrying it around.

I believe the Objective2 and the equivalent Schiit stack are some of the top contenders for that price range. SMSL and FIIO are some other brands knocking around for amp/dacs as well.

Oddly one of the Behringer USB Audio Interface devices (UMC204HD) reviewed as being better than the Schiit Modi 2 so that is another thing to be considered if you don't have headphones that need that much power to drive. I personally use a UMC404HD as I wanted the dedicated wall plugin over USB powered only, and I use a discrete microphone since I've gotten tired of shitty headsets. Probably not going to fit your usage though if you're just plugging headphones in to it though.

Paging Brahma Brahma to give some ideas too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does not need to be portable at all. I thought an amp would be required for all but the lower resistance headphones. I use a separate mic too, I don't want to compromise headphone quality just to attach a microphone.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Does not need to be portable at all. I thought an amp would be required for all but the lower resistance headphones. I use a separate mic too, I don't want to compromise headphone quality just to attach a microphone.
Not always the case it depends on the headphones. HD595 it isn't essential and you may see some benefit, but the DT880s from what I've read it is recommended.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not always the case it depends on the headphones. HD595 it isn't essential and you may see some benefit, but the DT880s from what I've read it is recommended.
That's my understanding as well. The FIIO E10 is a amp/dac, so I don't think I'm underpowering my DT880 currently, just maybe the dac part is shitty. Or who knows. I plan to test this some more tonight. Both headphones hooked up to the E10 and computer directly, see what they sound like as I can reproduce the ripping noises quite easily.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've been reading really nice things about these guys 睿志音响

edit : not spam or some shit, didn't expect them to write their website name in chinese. The company is called audio-gd if you feel like googling it before clicking fishy looking links.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are you looking to be portable or stationary at your desktop? The choice of an O2 makes me think you're not going to be carrying it around.

I believe the Objective2 and the equivalent Schiit stack are some of the top contenders for that price range. SMSL and FIIO are some other brands knocking around for amp/dacs as well.

Oddly one of the Behringer USB Audio Interface devices (UMC204HD) reviewed as being better than the Schiit Modi 2 so that is another thing to be considered if you don't have headphones that need that much power to drive. I personally use a UMC404HD as I wanted the dedicated wall plugin over USB powered only, and I use a discrete microphone since I've gotten tired of shitty headsets. Probably not going to fit your usage though if you're just plugging headphones in to it though.

Paging Brahma Brahma to give some ideas too.

Yeah you called these spot on for the price point...

I use the Modi+Magni for my gaming paired with some HD700's now. I tried a few including the O2+ODAC I bought off Amazon, and I kept the Schiit stack.

At that price point I personally could not tell the difference between the DAC's and amps. It came down to looks, a few bucks and the headphones.

My mic is a Shasta USB. Nice and low profile. Sounds pretty good. Nothing fancy.

SpeakPipe - receive voice messages from your audience directly on your website.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any place where I can read some mass reviews of Schiit products? Having trouble finding them on Amazon. I like using that as a sort of weeding out products that may only show their downside with 1/10 people.