Headphones & Audio Devices

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I have the Bose pure wireless buds and they look a lot like those from amazon - they were like $160 or something and the sound is just okay. Nothing amazing. I don't think the tech has caught up to the ambition yet, so the sound on the amazon ones I would imagine is pretty shit. I think the sound on the apple airbuds was pure shit as well too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So what are some good, cheap true wireless bluetooth earbuds? I was looking at these 3 via Amazon rating (all quite cheap):

Anyone have knowledge on this shit? I use them 100% just for the gym and running.
i prefer to have the old LG tones that have the horseshoe that rests on your neck, if your earbud drops, it just dangles, if these drop, they're gone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Broke mine, I need new Bluetooth headphones for my phone. Pretty much just listen to audible and some music. Any recommendations?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Linus did a video on headsets.

Are the Sony and Bose really worth 350$? Need a new set, and tempted to get something nice. But also tempted to get another 30$ set of ear buds

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Not a gaming headset. It's for podcasts, listening while working, etc

Or do they make regular ones too?

Crimson

Peasant
I just got a standard red LED headset thing on Ebay. It works for both gaming and voice controls/chat and for an online job I have that requires narration. I'm really glad I bought it especially for the latter.

I can't say I really care about the brand bandwagon and the overpriced nature that comes with it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I need to start looking for a set to listen to my guitar. My tube amp is too loud even tho where I play and the other house are not connected. 1 is not really on, 2 is ear splitting in a small room/house.

A LOT of info/models to choose from tho.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought the Logitech G933 less than a year ago, on 5/20/18, for $130 and it is basically a paperweight now.

The on/off button is a click slider (see on image below) and my issue is that even when it is on the on position, the audio is 'barely' audible unless I reach up with my finger and apply additional pressure towards the On-position.

This thing has been a flimsy, poorly made piece of shit from day 1. I should have listened to the reviews on Amazon saying it won't last more than a year.

To add insult to injury, I actually bought one of those worthless Amazon Asurion protection plans, figuring it was worth the $7 to replace $130 if it was as bad as everyone said. Well, they won't honor the claim and directed me back towards Logitech. Then, Logitech support wasted 30 minutes of my time and demanded it was either a software issue or that I needed to blow off the headset with a compressed air can. Fucking idiots.

g933-hero-desktop.png.imgw.2000.2000.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Don't buy gaming headsets, buy good real headphones from a real audio company and a mic of your choosing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
But if you do buy a gaming headset even Linus loved the hyperx clouds

I bought some true wireless jlab Bluetooth earbuds for $50 becausr FUCK PHONES DELETING THR 3.5MM JACK.

They're just for the gym, so I didn't want to buy some Bose qg35s or anything. Got wired headphones at work.

Hope they don't suck

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Update: possibly greatest headphones for working out I've ever used. Sound is decent, battery life is good for the gym. But the kicker is I did full windmill headbanging for a solid two minutes and the suckers didn't even move in my ear. I've had LOTS of problems with earbuds not fitting one or both ears correctly even with different tips - these are the first that fit flawlessly and securely.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't buy gaming headsets, buy good real headphones from a real audio company and a mic of your choosing.

Its definitely a high margin business, though some gaming headsets seem to get good reviews.

Rtings started covering headphones a while ago definitely the go to place since they actually do objective testing as opposed to the subjective BS which plagues in the industry.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Update: possibly greatest headphones for working out I've ever used. Sound is decent, battery life is good for the gym. But the kicker is I did full windmill headbanging for a solid two minutes and the suckers didn't even move in my ear. I've had LOTS of problems with earbuds not fitting one or both ears correctly even with different tips - these are the first that fit flawlessly and securely.
Literally seconds ago was complaining to the wife that no matter what size ear bud I use I can't ever stop them from falling out of my ear.

You have intrigued me sir!

Crone

I bought the Logitech G933 less than a year ago, on 5/20/18, for $130 and it is basically a paperweight now.

The on/off button is a click slider (see on image below) and my issue is that even when it is on the on position, the audio is 'barely' audible unless I reach up with my finger and apply additional pressure towards the On-position.

This thing has been a flimsy, poorly made piece of shit from day 1. I should have listened to the reviews on Amazon saying it won't last more than a year.

To add insult to injury, I actually bought one of those worthless Amazon Asurion protection plans, figuring it was worth the $7 to replace $130 if it was as bad as everyone said. Well, they won't honor the claim and directed me back towards Logitech. Then, Logitech support wasted 30 minutes of my time and demanded it was either a software issue or that I needed to blow off the headset with a compressed air can. Fucking idiots.

g933-hero-desktop.png.imgw.2000.2000.png
My Sennheiser game ones have been great! Not all gaming headsets suck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Literally seconds ago was complaining to the wife that no matter what size ear bud I use I can't ever stop them from falling out of my ear.

You have intrigued me sir!
If they don't work just send them back to Amazon. But so far they're great for working out. Sound quality is pretty decent and they don't move an inch

They sort of lock in your ears. You put them in then turn them 90 degrees

Last edited:

Crone

If they don't work just send them back to Amazon. But so far they're great for working out. Sound quality is pretty decent and they don't move an inch

They sort of lock in your ears. You put them in then turn them 90 degrees
After I posted, I went and looked them up and they are the exact type I just picked up myself as well. Except mine fall out. I'm gonna try and pick up some new ear bud covers for them, to see if I can get them to actually work any better.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you do the twist to secure them in? Some people suggest cloud tips or using the cushion that's also included