Headphones & Audio Devices

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I bought the Logitech G933 less than a year ago, on 5/20/18, for $130 and it is basically a paperweight now.

The on/off button is a click slider (see on image below) and my issue is that even when it is on the on position, the audio is 'barely' audible unless I reach up with my finger and apply additional pressure towards the On-position.

This thing has been a flimsy, poorly made piece of shit from day 1. I should have listened to the reviews on Amazon saying it won't last more than a year.

To add insult to injury, I actually bought one of those worthless Amazon Asurion protection plans, figuring it was worth the $7 to replace $130 if it was as bad as everyone said. Well, they won't honor the claim and directed me back towards Logitech. Then, Logitech support wasted 30 minutes of my time and demanded it was either a software issue or that I needed to blow off the headset with a compressed air can. Fucking idiots.

g933-hero-desktop.png.imgw.2000.2000.png

Curious why they didn't honor your Asurion warranty? I've used it about 4 times and they always give me a no hassle.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I bought the Logitech G933 less than a year ago, on 5/20/18, for $130 and it is basically a paperweight now.

The on/off button is a click slider (see on image below) and my issue is that even when it is on the on position, the audio is 'barely' audible unless I reach up with my finger and apply additional pressure towards the On-position.

This thing has been a flimsy, poorly made piece of shit from day 1. I should have listened to the reviews on Amazon saying it won't last more than a year.

To add insult to injury, I actually bought one of those worthless Amazon Asurion protection plans, figuring it was worth the $7 to replace $130 if it was as bad as everyone said. Well, they won't honor the claim and directed me back towards Logitech. Then, Logitech support wasted 30 minutes of my time and demanded it was either a software issue or that I needed to blow off the headset with a compressed air can. Fucking idiots.

Sounds like the connection isn't being fully made with the switch. You could probably get any fix-it shop in your areas to fix it for you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

Those things are known pieces of trash, but if you can turn a screw driver and have some patience you may be able to fix it yourself. This sounds a lot like your issue.

• 1Like

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought a pair of Altec Lancing headphones a few months ago, easily the best sounding headphones I have owned and cheap too.

Despite the description of over-ear noise cancelling BestBuy gives them, they are more like on-ear noise isolation. There is a noise cancelling switch but it doesn't cut out external noise very well also cuts out some of the low range of what you're listening to.

Active Noise Cancellation Bluetooth Headphones – Altec Lansing

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How can I use these with my PC, I'm looking at the Classix II

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
How can I use these with my PC, I'm looking at the Classix II

PC > amplifier/receiver > speakers.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking around a bit seems like you could pick a DIY kit that included an amp. You would end up with basically self powered monitors.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What do I need to combine a bunch of input sources from multiple PCs and other devices into a single pair of headphones? A mixer? Is there a simple mixer that will do just that?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Greatly depends on the number and type of inputs really. Are you talking just 3.5mm audio jacks?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
What do I need to combine a bunch of input sources from multiple PCs and other devices into a single pair of headphones? A mixer? Is there a simple mixer that will do just that?

Whats the price range?

You can get some pretty basic ones for under 100 bucks but I would rather spend the cash and get something that isnt shit.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those things are known pieces of trash, but if you can turn a screw driver and have some patience you may be able to fix it yourself. This sounds a lot like your issue.

This is exactly the issue with mine. I will try the fix tonight or tomorrow and report back. Thanks for posting it.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Whats the price range?

You can get some pretty basic ones for under 100 bucks but I would rather spend the cash and get something that isnt shit.

I was looking at this.

Would I just get a bunch of 3.5mm to RCA cables from all the output headphone jacks and put them in the back?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Pretty much! Mixers are easy, just remember that all sources will be heard over the output simultaneously, depending on the position of the level knob/slider. They aren't used to increase volume past what the source is capable of.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much! Mixers are easy, just remember that all sources will be heard over the output simultaneously, depending on the position of the level knob/slider. They aren't used to increase volume past what the source is capable of.
What about a combination mixer/amplifier? At least 3 input sources.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
That's meant to drive a pair of small bookshelf style speakers. You originally said you were looking for a couple computers to use with headphones, which would be fine for cheap mixers and sub $200 headphones. Really, your biggest limiting factor is 3.5mm jacks of your source. Convert those to 1/4" and you open up the whole world of audio mixing equipment, from chinesium to audiophile.

Can you give us a better rundown of what you wish to connect?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's meant to drive a pair of small bookshelf style speakers. You originally said you were looking for a couple computers to use with headphones, which would be fine for cheap mixers and sub $200 headphones. Really, your biggest limiting factor is 3.5mm jacks of your source. Convert those to 1/4" and you open up the whole world of audio mixing equipment, from chinesium to audiophile.

Can you give us a better rundown of what you wish to connect?
At least 2 computers and possibly my smartphone and possibly a PS4 into a pair of AKG K712 Pros.

But I really only need 2 inputs at a time.

The main gaming PC already has a sound card with a headphone amp in it, but I've been thinking about ditching the sound card and might need a standalone headphone amp to replace it.

I guess I could just run the output of the second into my line-in on my soundcard. I'm gonna try that now. That takes care of 2 sources if I can get it to work.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I assume you wish to only listen to one at a time, then the Schiit Modi/Magni might be the thing for you! Magni being the headphone amp, and Modi being a selectable 3 input DAC. Connect USB to whichever computer is closest and let the Modi be the sound card, Optical to whichever device is next closest, and stereo RCA to the furthest. This is assuming the PCs have an optical port, which is now pretty standard on many motherboards. The PS4 does for sure.

About $200 shipped for the two units, and you'll find many folks here run that combo myself included.