Headphones & Audio Devices

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember on my A40's that I had to angle them backwards to keep them from hurting my head, it took awhile to get used to since they felt near to falling off but they never did.
Yea, the ear cups are not round, they are rectangular, so any angle you try and put the headphones will make them feel a little off. The earcups are hella comfortable though. I have a pair of Sennheiser Game One's that have been amazing and might try to just put those into the mix amp I got with the A40's, and see what happens.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yea, the ear cups are not round, they are rectangular, so any angle you try and put the headphones will make them feel a little off. The earcups are hella comfortable though. I have a pair of Sennheiser Game One's that have been amazing and might try to just put those into the mix amp I got with the A40's, and see what happens.

This was more due to the pressure on the top of my head, the pressure was relieved when angled backwards.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Where can I get 3.5mm line-in cables that aren't shit? A few of the ones I bought are like loose or otherwise junk.

Hekotat

Where can I get 3.5mm line-in cables that aren't shit? A few of the ones I bought are like loose or otherwise junk.
Did you check Drop.com? I'm not sure if they sell them but that's a good site for quality audio stuff.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Is there any consensus on the best sports headphones for running etc? Airpods and similar always fall out of my ears, and I don't particularly like wearing full on big headphones for running.

Hekotat

Is there any consensus on the best sports headphones for running etc? Airpods and similar always fall out of my ears, and I don't particularly like wearing full on big headphones for running.

Wouldn't the hook over ear style be the best?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea I would think so. I have a cheap pair but they sound like complete ass.
Sony WH-1000XM4 unless you consider that too big.

Otherwise, I dunno. Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds are probably the best hook-style headphones as much as I hate to say that.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sony WH-1000XM4 unless you consider that too big.

Otherwise, I dunno. Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds are probably the best hook-style headphones as much as I hate to say that.
Yea the Beats ones looked the nicest when I was looking and I was pretty sure I did not want to buy Beats... lol

Thanks

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yea the Beats ones looked the nicest when I was looking and I was pretty sure I did not want to buy Beats... lol

Thanks

These are half the price and probably not that bad?

Hekotat

Yea I would think so. I have a cheap pair but they sound like complete ass.
There are some high quality ones on DROP but they seem to have sold through, maybe you can find non-drop branded ones from searching there. Only place I really know to look.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So now I have a Soundblaster Play 3 plugged into my Dell Thunderbolt dock, which can have my personal laptop or my work laptop attached, with the audio output going into the line-in on the Soundblasterx G6 on my gaming PC, which is what's hooked up to my headphones. All audio sounds flawless and I can just swap my modmic into either of the devices.

Mouse Without Borders to control both PCs at the same time.

Now all I need is to get optical out from a 4k TV into the optical-in on the G6 and I could just integrate PS5/Xbox-X right into this setup. :) Optimal working conditions!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I'm continuing my tests, even after this review has been published. So far, I've logged more than 112 hours of continuous usage, and the Cloud Alpha Wireless has not dipped below 32 percent. This only includes hours I logged after using them for a week or two with average use—the real numbers are undeniably even higher.

that is pretty fucking insane amount of time.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I bought some Raycons for my wife and she cannot rave enough about how much she loves them. The earbuds are the most comfortable she has ever used.

Hekotat

I bought some of those wireless steel series and they were great, however, they lasted about a year and then the battery life changed to about 5 mins and of course they're not replaceable. I won't be buying wireless headphones again that you can't change the batteries on.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, my main reason for getting the Arctis Pro wireless couple years ago was the swappable battery. They’ve been great and not planning on a change anytime soon.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
id rather pay more to get better sound than to have a rumble pack on my head.
imo, a piece of hardware trying to do too many things usually suffers for it

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Really interested in the razer kaira pro because of the haptic feedback, but they are double alot of the other headsets, anyone have any experiance?

That seems it would get annoying as heck. You sure you want that?

• 1Like