Headphones & Audio Devices

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Those headphones are freaking HUGE. Will the Modi2 strong enough to power these headphones? Thinking about getting a pair myself.

Looks like they are only 150 ohms. So technically yes. I will let you know.

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Quick question on atmos. Here is the setup.

65” oled on a nice furniture stand with games underneath. Yamaha aventage a770 with atmos capability. Switching everything through the receiver - ps pro, Xbox one x, steam link, and pi. I have 5.1 set up right now. Ceiling mounted klipsche speakers in front and rear. Sub on the right of my rack, center below the tv.

If I purchase two klipshe upfiring speakers (atmos) which are “supposed” to live on top of book shelf speakers (front left and right), if I placed those on the right and left of the tv on the furniture stand, (they won’t be as wide as the front array) and those speakers are just a hair under listening level to point up at the ceiling, positioned about two inches behind the front array, would the confirmation for atmos work in that regard?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Man...You going all out aren't you!

Haha yeah this is the last piece I think. I’m still on the fence because of support. But once Xbox one X makes Dolby vision a reality this fall on their player, combined with atmos, it’s going to be 100% until I can convince my wife To let me build a Batman cave theater. 😜

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fuck me in the ass! The HE-560's got delivered today!

These things can be powered by a goddamn iPhone!

Initial impression of the build: 9/10

LIGHT and solid! Came with 2 cables in case you want a balanced amp. Metal headband with plastic cups. They fixed the cracking headband joint. Also fixed the cable insert area by going from screw-on's to plug-in's. The ear cups are like 18 Y.O titties. Soft and firm at the same time. VERY comfortable and light on the head. My He-5LE's were a PITA to game with because they were too heavy. Headband suuuuucked!
Also of note. These are pretty large headphones. They will cover your ear fully, and stick out about 2 inches from your head.

Sound quality: 8/10

Just will keep this simple. They sound MUCH better than my HD650's. Much more clear with no veil like the HD650's. (Veil = HD650's sound like someone placed a tissue over the earcups) Bass is tighter and just...more of it.
Soundstage is better, definately wider. (Better for gaming. How close to your head is the sound. Wider is better) Imaging it blows the HD650's away. (Imaging is can you pinpoint where the instrument is on a stage. Great for gaming if you want to know where the gunshots, or footsteps are).
For overall music...they just sound better, cleaner all around.

Power: 10/10.

Seriously. I plugged them into my WA6 amp. Overkill.
Plugged into the Schiit stack. Perfect!
Plugged them into my iPhone. Meh. Little low on the volume but didn't even sound shitty! You really don't need much to power these.

Value: 11/10.

Fucks sake, I'm better off comparing these to my HD800's. They are slightly better than my HD700's all around. MUCH better than my HD650's. I would honestly say these are on par with the HD800's...except the sound stage and highs are MUCH better on the HD800's. But we are talking $1200 dollar headphones vs $300. And they are powered by a slight summer zephyr. No huge amp needed!

GO BUY THESE HEADPHONES BEFORE THE SENNHEISER HD6XX OFF MASSDROP GUYS!!

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I would expect the Modi 2 to handle much higher than 150 ohms. What do you think the Modi 2's limit is?

It can't power my HD800's very well at all. Even though they are I think 300 ohms?

BUT again...HD650's are 300 ohms and sound great.

So to answer you...I have no fuckin clue what this little thing can do. It rocks though! It has powered everything I throw at it minus my HD800's and the HE 5LE's.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just realized we're talking about the dac and not what assumed was the amp. I get them mixed up, the names are too similar.

Why are talking about powering headphones with a dac?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuck me in the ass! The HE-560's got delivered today!

These things can be powered by a goddamn iPhone!

Initial impression of the build: 9/10

LIGHT and solid! Came with 2 cables in case you want a balanced amp. Metal headband with plastic cups. They fixed the cracking headband joint. Also fixed the cable insert area by going from screw-on's to plug-in's. The ear cups are like 18 Y.O titties. Soft and firm at the same time. VERY comfortable and light on the head. My He-5LE's were a PITA to game with because they were too heavy. Headband suuuuucked!
Also of note. These are pretty large headphones. They will cover your ear fully, and stick out about 2 inches from your head.

Sound quality: 8/10

Just will keep this simple. They sound MUCH better than my HD650's. Much more clear with no veil like the HD650's. (Veil = HD650's sound like someone placed a tissue over the earcups) Bass is tighter and just...more of it.
Soundstage is better, definately wider. (Better for gaming. How close to your head is the sound. Wider is better) Imaging it blows the HD650's away. (Imaging is can you pinpoint where the instrument is on a stage. Great for gaming if you want to know where the gunshots, or footsteps are).
For overall music...they just sound better, cleaner all around.

Power: 10/10.

Seriously. I plugged them into my WA6 amp. Overkill.
Plugged into the Schiit stack. Perfect!
Plugged them into my iPhone. Meh. Little low on the volume but didn't even sound shitty! You really don't need much to power these.

Value: 11/10.

Fucks sake, I'm better off comparing these to my HD800's. They are slightly better than my HD700's all around. MUCH better than my HD650's. I would honestly say these are on par with the HD800's...except the sound stage and highs are MUCH better on the HD800's. But we are talking $1200 dollar headphones vs $300. And they are powered by a slight summer zephyr. No huge amp needed!

GO BUY THESE HEADPHONES BEFORE THE SENNHEISER HD6XX OFF MASSDROP GUYS!!

View attachment 170939View attachment 170940View attachment 170941View attachment 170945

fuck me, now i want some.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Finally got my Schiit stack. Opened the boxes and no freaking cables inside of them. Really?! So I had to go to Bestbuy to buy some audio cables and a USB cable. When I got home hooked up everything and inserted my Sennheiser headphones into the jack and WOW, what a huge difference in sound quality. Played a few YouTube music videos and streamed music and the sound is so clear. Cranked up WoW and I was literally hearing sounds I never heard in the game before. Mainly alot of ambient sound. Well spent money.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Good to know that Schiit doesn't ship with cables as i'll be ordering mine in the next couple days.

Too late for me to get a refund on the 6xx's BUT i got an email today saying the ship date has been pushed forward from Aug 31 to July 27! Happy happy

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got my Schiit stack. Opened the boxes and no freaking cables inside of them. Really?! So I had to go to Bestbuy to buy some audio cables and a USB cable. When I got home hooked up everything and inserted my Sennheiser headphones into the jack and WOW, what a huge difference in sound quality. Played a few YouTube music videos and streamed music and the sound is so clear. Cranked up WoW and I was literally hearing sounds I never heard in the game before. Mainly alot of ambient sound. Well spent money.

Told you so!

Now get those damn HE 560's V2!

• 1Solidarity