Health Problems

iannis

Musty Nester
Raynauds is more common in women. It can happen to men too. I think. I don't remember offhand having seen male raynauds, but i'm sure it happens.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So, this may belong in the weight loss thread, but;

I've started working out. About a month in+dietary changes. I've noticed that my pains are decreasing like a motherfucker. Going up stairs used to hurt lile a sonnuva, but now its tolerable. (yes, I'm morbidly obese but fucking doing something about it now)

I would've figured the first 6 months or so pains would've gotten worse, as my body got used to being put through its paces..But even at 2 weeks I noticed a marked improvement without what I considered drastic weight loss (10lbs at a month)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
The first couple of weeks can be brutal. Mind and body both adapt quickly though.

And 10 a month is perfectly good. Even if you are morbidly obese you do not want to drop the weight TOO fast, either. 10 a month is still 120 a year. If you go from 350 to 230 in a year... that's plenty drastic, if you stop to think about it. I mean it will start to taper off. But probably not for a while if you really are heavy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Stomach flu stomping it's way through my family. Son got it first, few days later daughter.

Last night I wake up in the middle of the night and feel like I'm going to puke and or shit. Pop out of bed and rush to the bathroom. Seconds later I'm feeling warm and fuzzy. Vision tunnling. Wake up on the floor with my wife shaking me and ready to call 911 since I had collapsed in the bathroom.

Took me a second to tell her I was okay... Passed out. Aside from the bump on my head and my neck feeling sore, I felt nice and comfy on the floor. Cool... No longer feeling nausea. I did however still feel like I was going to shit myself.

I've had the runs since then, but that's it. Should I be concerned about collapsing? Am a passing away?

Note: when I get stick I get mega anxiety. This collapse reminded me of when I was younger and I'd work myself up about getting blood tests or vaccines. I passed out a couple times getting blood work done when I was younger and it felt the same.
Sounds like it may just be vasovagal syncope to me (I have witnessed it in some people such as when they would pass out at the sight of needles or blood).

Gastrointestinal bugs are the suck :(

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm a teacher (6 - 12 year olds). I saw a pharmacist as an appointment with a doctor here takes about two weeks and she seemed to think it would pass. I'm taking my blood pressure every other day and it's steady but slightly low - 117/58.

Someone online linked it to using a mouse too much and it has coincided with me playing WoW again. Since I got bored and stopped playing a few days ago the problem seems to have got a lot better!
Any tingling sensations in the cold hand or feet ? As long as they are just cold, there's not much to go on, unless you are totally determined to solve it, however bring it up when you see a doctor - medical advice over the internet is stupid.

@Big_w_powah
Month is around the time you should notice some improvements if you haven't been slacking, so it seems like you are doing well.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The first couple of weeks can be brutal. Mind and body both adapt quickly though.

And 10 a month is perfectly good. Even if you are morbidly obese you do not want to drop the weight TOO fast, either. 10 a month is still 120 a year. If you go from 350 to 230 in a year... that's plenty drastic, if you stop to think about it. I mean it will start to taper off. But probably not for a while if you really are heavy.

My mind was in it after the 3rd workout. That one I went to my full routine in. Felt fucking great. Mental hook right then. How did i not do this shit before??

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Wife is bugging me to go to the dr, having a lot of symptoms that I think are stress related (muscle spams in eyes, ice pick headaches, neck/back pain, trouble sleeping, etc). I am very hesitant to go to a dr who really won't be able to do anything for me. But I do need to do something. Thinking maybe or trying yoga or something, lots of people seem to recommend it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wife is bugging me to go to the dr, having a lot of symptoms that I think are stress related (muscle spams in eyes, ice pick headaches, neck/back pain, trouble sleeping, etc). I am very hesitant to go to a dr who really won't be able to do anything for me. But I do need to do something. Thinking maybe or trying yoga or something, lots of people seem to recommend it. Anyone have any recommendations?
DDP Yoga is legit. But you get out what you put in so if you push yourself you can get some pretty amazing flexibility or you can slack and get little out of it. It has helped me alot when I kept at it.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
DDP Yoga is legit. But you get out what you put in so if you push yourself you can get some pretty amazing flexibility or you can slack and get little out of it. It has helped me alot when I kept at it.

Sounds like he is looking for stress relief. In which case, yoga is good according to my wife.

I recommend weed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty much legal here, but I still wouldn't start smoking to relax. Active relaxation tends to be better than just sitting in a chair stoned off your tits. Also makes your tits smaller, generally.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Smoking weed isn't an option for me. I just want to figure something out so I can avoid having some dr try and throw medication at me.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
chaos chaos , have you tried massage therapy, etc? My insurance forces a doctor's recommendation but at least you won't have pills if you specifically inform him/her of your expectations. Yoga, etc can work as well without paying out the money but it might make your wife feel better hearing from a PCP.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Go to the Dr.

Also lupus

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Icepick headaches and the eye spasms are what would concern me.

Here's the thing about doctors. You don't have to actually take the pills that they throw at you.

And a doctor really might just give you a scrip for xanax or something similar. Which is basically weed for DoD contractors. Shit bro, maybe you can get some valium!

It's ok to take an aspirin when your head hurts, right? And when your head REALLY hurts maybe it's ok to take a super aspirin. You're not gonna turn into a pillhead off xanax. And if you do the yoga maybe you won't even need the stuff for very long.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Never often enough, of course, but yeah. If she doesn't go for the nightly blowjobs then maybe I'll go to the dr. It just feels like a waste of time