Health Problems

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're finally ordering that for me. He warned me it might cause diarrhea. I'd rather shit all over myself uncontrollably than have to do with crippling pain.

Here's hoping. I cringed just reading the 7-8. Swearing is proven scientifically to boost endorphins even if you don't say it out loud-- so goddamn pain it is!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The gas x didn't help at all. Overnight I had the urge to take a dump a few times but I couldn't get out of bed and into the bathroom quick enough. I should've just shit myself.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
With the help of a cute nurse jamming a suppository up my ass my bowels are finally working again. All that gas pain is gone. What a relief.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Are you drinking enough water? Too much fiber and not enough water will cause gas formation but also constipation. Assuming they gave you a dulcolax suppository?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm still in the hospital recovery from surgery. All I'm ok'd to eat or drink right now is clear liquids. they said they'd ok me for toast and crackers later today.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Weird. That's not really the correct progression of diet, rofl. They should be putting you on a full liquid diet before starting on solids.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Looks like I'll be heading home tomorrow. Pain is down to a reliable 2-3 using tylenol and tramadol. Bowels are back to normal after last night when I was pissing out my ass every 15-20 minutes. Had 3 full meals today without any nausea or complications. And the best part it looks like this drain is coming out tomorrow before I leave.
Feeling pretty good and can't wait to see my little guy tomorrow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks like I'll be heading home tomorrow. Pain is down to a reliable 2-3 using tylenol and tramadol. Bowels are back to normal after last night when I was pissing out my ass every 15-20 minutes. Had 3 full meals today without any nausea or complications. And the best part it looks like this drain is coming out tomorrow before I leave.

There was a section in The Economist this year about tramadol among Egyptian cab drivers. Let us know if you develop a sudden affinity for the color yellow.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Hell, ask for something stronger than tramadol, haha.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well I specifically asked for something other than oxycodone or morphine pills because they pretty much shut my bowels down and make me severely constipated. Alternating tramadol and tylenol has worked great for the pain so far. It's at a steady 2 now.
I've got plenty of pot to get high with so no worries there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ah yeah, i'm on morphine and oxycodone both for pain related to one of my tumors, and they necessitate using stool softeners to keep me regular. i don't mind adding another pill to counter the side effects of a first pill, but i understand people wanting to avoid that slippery slope.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tramadol has always been better for me than oxy or Vicodin which is why I just give those away.

Its an amazing anxiolytic. I'd liken it to a major marijuana stone minus the bugout and drowsiness. Even if in pain, it makes it so much more managable and removes any mental doubts about your healing process.

Oxy will make you a furious asshole as its inherently dysphoric with strong affinity for the K receptor. You'll be snapping off on people within 2 weeks of pain treatment, which is a very counter intuitive side effect to whatever pain relief you may get. The longer you are on it, the longer the imbalance sets in. The K receptor is also something you don't want to agonize if you have kidney problems or concerns about kidney stress. Its notoriously hard on the kidneys longterm.

Tram lowest sides, best relief in my experience. You aren't going to be jeckyl n hyde.

Woefully Inept Woefully Inept Tram does have some specific direct serotonin activity so take it easy on the pot around tram dosing time tables. I'd advise not going balls out with the pot to avoid the possibility of serotonin syndrome. If they are 50 milligram Trams its no big deal unless you are doing those crackhead "dabs" that are the rage with the kids, or crushing the bong real hard after poppin 100mg instant release. I'd personally keep at least a few hours apart.

Last edited:

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I had planned on just night time use for sleeping and just enough for that until I can taper down the pain meds. They are the 50mg tabs and I don't plan on doing anything whacky with them. lol
50mg Tramadol every 6 hours and 1000mg Tylenol every 8 hours.
The cycle I have going has my last Tram pill of the night at 6pm then the last Tylenol before/at bed will be at 10pm. I doubt I'll last much later than 10pm right now. I definitely feel like a bus hit me after today. I didn't do anything crazy but moving around more than in the hospital even kills my back right now. Stand for 5 minutes and my back hurts more than my surgery site. Once I sit the pain subsides almost immediately thankfully. I've been able to keep surgery pain to a 2 or 3 with the Tram and Tylenol which is good in my book.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tram does have some specific direct serotonin activity so take it easy on the pot around tram dosing time tables. I'd advise not going balls out with the pot to avoid the possibility of serotonin syndrome. If they are 50 milligram Trams its no big deal unless you are doing those crackhead "dabs" that are the rage with the kids, or crushing the bong real hard after poppin 100mg instant release. I'd personally keep at least a few hours apart.

Tramadol + marijuana isn't going to cause serotonin syndrome in the slightest.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tramadol + marijuana isn't going to cause serotonin syndrome in the slightest.

This isn't safe advice. That is an extreme statement.

Smoking habits vary wildly. I don't know if he is dabbing or crushing 10-15 bongs a day. 50mg is negligible but at 100mg you can already begin to feel the HT-1 inhibition, the higher the dose the more interaction. Its all dose dependent.

I had to caution him based on the variances I've seen with marijuana use. There are some real animals out there.

If you had said "oxycodone + marijuana isn't going to cause serotonin syndrome in the slightest" or Vicodin, I wouldn't argue. Tramadol is a whole nother game.

Last edited:

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My habits are not that extreme. I don't do dabs and I don't even have a bong. I generally slowly vape a couple bowls of my da buddha vape over a couple hours at night then head to bed.

Early evening looks to be when I really really need to take things easy and lay down. Gravity is a serious bitch.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My habits are not that extreme. I don't do dabs and I don't even have a bong. I generally slowly vape a couple bowls of my da buddha vape over a couple hours at night then head to bed.

Early evening look to be when I really really need to take things easy and lay down. Gravity is a serious bitch.

Then you're fine. I have literally never heard of the combination causing serotonin syndrome and I have thumbed through hundreds of anecdotal reports.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Secondly, tramadol is a synthetic codeine analogue that binds to the mu receptors and inhibits the monoamine reuptake of 5HT.

No other opioid behaves this way. He may be in the clear, but the warning stands. Your statement is scientifically reckless. The reason prozac and zoloft don't target 5HT-1 is because of the very reason for the warning in the first place.

Plenty of anecdotes but I'm not going to bomb the thread with it as it mostly involves abusive combinations of various sorts. Plenty of peripheral science on it, though not necessarily dealing with marijuana (a former street drug)

Will update as I casually come across them in my spare time. In this case replace combination SSRI with combination THC abuse, which is an SSRI mimic, (not use).

Transient Serotonin Syndrome Caused by Concurrent Use of Tramadol and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor

Many peripheral findings and confirmations with regards to Tramadol specifically. Its a very specific risk with Tramadol + other SSRIs such as THC, with the higher doses. We aren't talking about 50mg here.

5HT-1 activity is a cause of concern as not even SSRI's target this receptor. There is no SSRI that targets 5HT-1 for safety reasons. 5HT-1 inhibition is going to create a scenario where serotonin can be accumulated quickly.

Last edited: