Health Problems

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I do plenty of natural medicine - I avoid pharmaceuticals as much as I can. (A symptom of being the kid of a FDA reviewer is plenty of paranoia about overmedicating thanks to dinner table talk - and adding the Neurontin issues I had I hedge even lighter on medication now)

There's ranges that are real expected results and there's ranges of what is bullshit "magic" stuff. Guess which you like to present - case in point, the garlic thing you bring up AGAIN - which don't get me wrong, I don't doubt it's accuracy 100%, but expecting the same results internally after the body processes it to external as per the tests is iffy at best. I wouldn't be shocked if soaking a slide of cancer cells in bleach killed or impaired growth of the sample - but even if I'm right, that doesn't mean you can just chug bleach to get the same results. (In fact, you'd get a far different type of cell death I'd wager...)

Observations are a STEP in determining treatment paths - but quite often it doesn't end up being a 1:1 thing in any practical sense.

Vaclav

Assuming no embellishment.

Have you ever though about getting your telomere length checked? There is science right now that telomere length, as a biomarker of cellular aging, can also predict disease risk-- and I suppose it should also correlate to physical appearance. Its like a DNA test for your age.

I'm not getting involved here in the back-and-forth. I'm "Just Saying" it would be cool if some of you guys who claim youth in your 30's and 40's would go ahead and get a telo test done. Its pretty well accepted that telomeres are a biomarker of cellular aging at this point. Anecdotally, it would make these kinds of statements a lot cooler when you post them. JUST SAYING.

Not sure mine would necessarily be standard anyhow - the ODDD mention earlier wasn't hypothetical, I do have it - and due to how it functions some of our DNA markers never turn on, so I wouldn't be shocked there's some DNA oddity which would make it different than your normal joe.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Understood. It's inconvenient and it costs money for what is essentially a novelty piece of information that is just going to make eyeballs pop out of heads at the water-cooler, should you try to share it with anyone else.

I wouldn't be shocked if soaking a slide of cancer cells in bleach killed or impaired growth of the sample - but even if I'm right, that doesn't mean you can just chug bleach to get the same results. (In fact, you'd get a far different type of cell death I'd wager..

And I believe in vitro, versus say, in vivo is the Latin you are looking for ;)

Vaclav

Understood. It's inconvenient and it costs money for what is essentially a novelty piece of information that is just going to make eyeballs pop out of heads at the water-cooler, should you try to share it with anyone else.

I'm pretty sure if I was up near John's Hopkins or another genetics lab they'd do it for me free to have a sample of my DNA on file, they love to get free shots at having rare conditions on file.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I think Lumi is fuckin batshit, trust me.

But fasting does make sense. Its not a cure all, but giving your system a chance to clear out does seem to make some kinda sense to me.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Pretty popular youtuber that did a 28 day fast. Decent introduction into fasting and perspective from someone who went through it and what it's capable of.

"There's ranges that are real expected results and there's ranges of what is bullshit "magic" stuff."

Hardly magic really. Look at scurvy, a horrible disease that killed millions. Cured how? By simply eating any citrus fruit. Magic! Once people figured that out, all sailors carried lemons and oranges with them when they went out to sea. Basically every disease is the same way. The body requires various nutrients and minerals. When the body is deprived of them for an extended period of time, disease is the result. Virtually all disease can be cured simply by nutrition. The only thing I believe genetics often determines is what type of disease you'll develop when nutritionally deprived while some diseases like scurvy are universal.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Oh wow that's weird , apparently if you don't eat for 28 days you lose weight
That's crazy, I don't believe you.

What if instead of that I dipped everything in garlic butter sauce and then ate it? Would I transcend this world?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Pretty popular youtuber that did a 28 day fast. Decent introduction into fasting and perspective from someone who went through it and what it's capable of.

"There's ranges that are real expected results and there's ranges of what is bullshit "magic" stuff."

Hardly magic really. Look at scurvy, a horrible disease that killed millions. Cured how? By simply eating any citrus fruit. Magic! Once people figured that out, all sailors carried lemons and oranges with them when they went out to sea. Basically every disease is the same way. The body requires various nutrients and minerals. When the body is deprived of them for an extended period of time, disease is the result. Virtually all disease can be cured simply by nutrition. The only thing I believe genetics often determines is what type of disease you'll develop when nutritionally deprived while some diseases like scurvy are universal.

A "28 day fast" with about 6 months of eating prep beforehand. Keto stuff isn't really new, different or magic - it's a ridiculous corner case that is ineffective for many people.

And scurvy was never really a mystery FYI - history behind it was that it was already well understood it was just the PRACTICALITY AND AVAILABILITY that was the issue. Citrus is prone to spoilage quicker than intercontinental travel could do a return trip, and for many years there wasn't consistent supply on the Americas side of things. (Nor in other parts of the world for other long trips I'd wager - I'm only familiar with the US history part myself though) [Not to mention some cases like privateers/pirates would stay out of port for months at a time]

And nevermind the fact that the reverse has plenty of examples too - Pellegra from eating too much corn for example, while it was promoted for a long time as a healthy, plentiful food.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
"A "28 day fast" with about 6 months of eating prep beforehand. Keto stuff isn't really new, different or magic - it's a ridiculous corner case that is ineffective for many people."

Would hardly say it's a ridiculous corner case and yes, prolonged fasting is best done when prepared for properly as you need to ween your body off of producing energy from food based glucose sources. Not sure what your point is by pointing out that he prep'd for it. Never said keto was new but it's definitely becoming more well known and main stream but I'd say that it's quite effective as a diet choice. It's a proven fact that all cancer cells can only derive energy through anaerobic respiration. Therefor if you significantly reduce your intake of sugar/carbs then you drastically reduce the energy supply to the cancer cells and then they will starve and die off or at the very least no longer proliferate as dramatically.

Also, scurvy was indeed a mystery for quite some time. It wasn't until the 1700's that the correlation between diet and scurvy was noticed and the British navy began to carry limes on board their ships and hence became known as limeys. Then it wasn't until the mid 1900's that Vitamin C specifically was linked to scurvy. As for overeating corn and pellegra, not exactly. Pellegra is like scurvy in that it's a niacin deficiency and corn contains very little of it. It wasn't that they were eating too much corn, it was that they were only eating corn and very few other niacin containing foods because poor people back then didn't necessarily have access to a wide variety of foods.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh wow that's weird , apparently if you don't eat for 28 days you lose weight

Has more to do with just the fact that he lost weight. The dude looks like a completely different person in the span of a single month which is pretty fucking amazing. It completely dispels all of the ignorance surrounding fasting and how many people think it's unhealthy or bad for you when in fact it's actually very healthy and good for you. It also goes to show just how amazing the human body is and what it's capable of. I'd bet a lot of people on these forums are overweight or quite unhealthy and could stand to benefit dramatically from this.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finally home from my three week stay in the hospital. Chemotherapy sucks. I barely have an appetite, lost hearing in my right ear. Now that I'm home I'm alternating between super tired and super restless. I hope to God this round did the trick. I will not be doing more chemotherapy even if my doctor says I need it. Too tired of the side effects.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Has more to do with just the fact that he lost weight. The dude looks like a completely different person in the span of a single month which is pretty fucking amazing. It completely dispels all of the ignorance surrounding fasting and how many people think it's unhealthy or bad for you when in fact it's actually very healthy and good for you. It also goes to show just how amazing the human body is and what it's capable of. I'd bet a lot of people on these forums are overweight or quite unhealthy and could stand to benefit dramatically from this.

Look, I actually like some of what you are saying in these posts.

But you're still fucking insane

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Finally home from my three week stay in the hospital. Chemotherapy sucks. I barely have an appetite, lost hearing in my right ear. Now that I'm home I'm alternating between super tired and super restless. I hope to God this round did the trick. I will not be doing more chemotherapy even if my doctor says I need it. Too tired of the side effects.
Oh, honey (Sorry, habit when I feel particularly mothering...) I am pleased that you are home. Ototoxicity, though....fuck :(

Does anything even taste right? When G's mom, and then my mom, were going through their chemo, that was so tough. They did not have an appetite anyway, the aroma of food being cooked made them nauseated and they either thought food tasted too bitter/metallic or sweet. We would counter with adding honey or maple syrup to the bitter and fresh lemon juice to the too sweet.
I know this ain't your first rodeo....sending positive thoughts to you.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Look, I actually like some of what you are saying in these posts.

But you're still fucking insane

Maybe so. Honestly though at this point I take that as a compliment. I've noticed that whatever the general public tends to believe, the opposite is usually the truth.

Vaclav

Maybe so. Honestly though at this point I take that as a compliment. I've noticed that whatever the general public tends to believe, the opposite is usually the truth.
On health stuff what the "general public" believes is quite nonstatic. Look at the history of studies regarding butter for Christ's sake. I think it's flip flopped good to bad almost annually

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well I'm kind of disappointed Lumi didn't tell any of us to die of cancer with his yearly appearance.

Damn Pharm I know exactly how that shit feels. There is definitely a point where enough is efuckingnough.

This week they drained about 480cc of fluid. Whatever it was it averaged about 68cc per day. To consider this resolved it has to be down to 30cc per day. I really really want to avoid a drain. Shit better chill!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Does anything even taste right?

Not really. Foods need to either be really mild or really flavorful for me to get down... Mild like honey but Cheerios and milk or flavorful like Italian cheesy bread from Little Caesars. I know I need to eat tho, so I force it down even if it doesn't sound good. The main reasons people end up rehospitalized after this are malnutrition or dehydration. Trying to avoid that.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I do plenty of natural medicine - I avoid pharmaceuticals as much as I can. (A symptom of being the kid of a FDA reviewer is plenty of paranoia about overmedicating thanks to dinner table talk - and adding the Neurontin issues I had I hedge even lighter on medication now)

There's ranges that are real expected results and there's ranges of what is bullshit "magic" stuff. Guess which you like to present - case in point, the garlic thing you bring up AGAIN - which don't get me wrong, I don't doubt it's accuracy 100%, but expecting the same results internally after the body processes it to external as per the tests is iffy at best. I wouldn't be shocked if soaking a slide of cancer cells in bleach killed or impaired growth of the sample - but even if I'm right, that doesn't mean you can just chug bleach to get the same results. (In fact, you'd get a far different type of cell death I'd wager...)

Observations are a STEP in determining treatment paths - but quite often it doesn't end up being a 1:1 thing in any practical sense.

You're exactly right. All these naturalistic "anti cancer" foods are the same shit. They put a toxic dose on the cancer and it kills the cancer, however it would kill a human too. Anything they want to start advertising as anti-caner, they do this with (tumeric, etc.) Anything can kill cancer if you use a dose lethal to humans!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You're exactly right. All these naturalistic "anti cancer" foods are the same shit. They put a toxic dose on the cancer and it kills the cancer, however it would kill a human too. Anything they want to start advertising as anti-caner, they do this with (tumeric, etc.) Anything can kill cancer if you use a dose lethal to humans!

No idiot, the studies in question don't use anything even remotely close to a lethal dose to humans lol. Where the fuck are you even getting this idea from? What is your source for this false information please? The difference between bleach and garlic is that humans can actually consume garlic for sustenance but they can't do this for bleach so the analogy is outright full blown retarded.