Health Problems

iannis

Musty Nester
Do you sleep with a fan on you?

If so then it off for a week and see what happens.

I would think heart, too. But if you've been to a cardiologist then I guess not.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Not sure if this would apply to homes, but I do air quality testing in our lab. Just buy some agar plates (I believe you'll want triptic soy), lay them out in various spots for about 10 minutes, then cover them back up and drop them off at a lab that can do yeast/mold testing. Each test is usually about 30 dollars a pop depending on the lab.

Interesting. Is there any specific place I should put them or anything I should know (like avoid sunlight?)

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Put them in whatever area you spend the most time in. And if you think you might have any areas that are the source of any mold, put them there. Sunlight shouldn't be an issue since they're only out about 10 minutes. Refrigerate them till you drop them off at the lab, and when in the fridge put them upside down so the agar is on the top, in case there's any condensation in the plate.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...hUKEwj2y6WalfvfAhVKnuAKHTfCBRIQ9aACCD0&adurl=

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So no homo or anything, but any of you bros ever stumble across a way to prevent morning/sleep boners?

I fucked myself up pretty bad recently and have to wear a catheter for the indeterminate future, and the fucking morning wood is gonna make me an hero myself it hurts so goddamn bad. I wake up like 3-4 times a night in like blinding agony cause I'm at half mast, but the dick hose is too short and anchored to my leg, so it's all bent at a strange angle and shit. I can't sleep for shit, maybe 90 minutes at a time before I wake up and have to go stand outside in the cold or walk around for 5 minutes until it calms back down, then back to sleep and repeat again in an hour or two.

I went to some shitty hippie "alchemist" store and bought some salt peter cause I've heard that prevents but, but that is all lies far as I can tell.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why not move the securement device from your inner thigh higher up to provide more slack?

It's on there with some kind of special medical tape that can't peel off, it requires some alcohol solution to remove it? Even if I did remove it I wouldn't have any way to re-attach it to my leg from the looks of it unless I went back to the hospital for more of this tape.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You don't need alcohol solution to remove it. It certainly helps remove the adhesive cause it is strong stuff. But, it generally comes off automatically after a few days of showering, anyways.

Securement Device

I'm not sure if that's the exact one we use, because the securement devices are already in the packages. But, you can just use that one. Seriously, don't make this hard on yourself -- it is a VERY easy fix. You see in the picture where the tube actually attaches inside the device? That is all secured via velcro, so you can change the amount of slack you want. Just make sure not to overdo it because then you will have urine backflow.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's on there with some kind of special medical tape that can't peel off, it requires some alcohol solution to remove it? Even if I did remove it I wouldn't have any way to re-attach it to my leg from the looks of it unless I went back to the hospital for more of this tape.
Ok I'll.bite. What did you do to yourself my.man?

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, do what Kuriin says.

There's usually a few medical supply stores around hospitals. If you see a non-chain pharmacy close to a hospital they tend to be bulky on medical supplies too. I can see not wanting to dork around with your own cath if you're not used to messing with them. If you're in a bad way and you REALLY don't wanna do it yourself give the office of who put it in a call and explain what's happening. It'll take a nurse like 5 minutes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the thing they put in my is a Foley it says on the paperwork so that might actually do it. It doesn't need a ton more slack, but another couple inches while I try and sleep would let me like actually sleep.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I tore
Ok I'll.bite. What did you do to yourself my.man?

Stupid fucking bike accident. It pisses me off pretty badly how it's turned out to be such as mess - I've been in like a dozen wrecks, several with cars, and it's all just been like meatbody damage that didn't matter. This time though I managed to rack myself so badly on the handlebars/crossbar area I tore my urethra and was pissing blood everywhere.

The catheter is to bypass all the damaged area so it's not internally leaking piss in to my flesh, and hopefully the tube itself will keep scar tissue from constricting too badly once it is healed.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Gonna go pick these up today.

I had mold/mildew in my old condo due to water leaking into the wall cavities, but it wasn't the "black" type thankfully. Mold/mildew needs a dark, wet place to grow, so it will typically be either in your air ducts, wall cavities, basement, or crawl spaces. Has your property ever had water intrusion issues? Take a look at your window sills/frames and baseboards on external walls and see if you notice and swelling, stains, or other signs of water seepage.

While any type of mold/mildew can cause respiratory issues, the black type actually makes you really sick-- almost like having an autoimmune disorder.

Khane

Stachybotrys - Wikipedia

I know all about it. I've watched a lot of Forensic Files. I definitely have mildew on some of the window sills because my windows are terrible and don't seal properly, so I get a ton of condensation on them and regularly have to wash them. I've checked the obvious places and don't see any signs of black mold which is what I'm really concerned with.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stachybotrys - Wikipedia

I know all about it. I've watched a lot of Forensic Files. I definitely have mildew on some of the window sills because my windows are terrible and don't seal properly, so I get a ton of condensation on them and regularly have to wash them. I've checked the obvious places and don't see any signs of black mold which is what I'm really concerned with.
winterize your windows
Duck-Window-Roll-On-Weatherize-4.jpg

if you have no reason to have your windows open (my wife is allergic to pollen, so house is practically sealed), costs like 4bucks per window

Khane

Ive done this, it does not do anything to the window mold/mildew issue. The condensation still builds up on the sills, the plastic just keeps the draft down.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yea the thing they put in my is a Foley it says on the paperwork so that might actually do it. It doesn't need a ton more slack, but another couple inches while I try and sleep would let me like actually sleep.

Just change the slack when you're about to go to sleep and then make it more snug when you wake up. The nurses who put in the foley should have educated you on how to change going from a leg bag to a dover bag because the leg bag only holds I think 250 or 500mL whereas dover holds 2L. The dover bag is what we give to patients for when they sleep so the bag doesn't burst.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just change the slack when you're about to go to sleep and then make it more snug when you wake up. The nurses who put in the foley should have educated you on how to change going from a leg bag to a dover bag because the leg bag only holds I think 250 or 500mL whereas dover holds 2L. The dover bag is what we give to patients for when they sleep so the bag doesn't burst.

I think that's probably the issue - I only have the leg bag to use, which is on a pretty tight leash so to speak. It's totally fine during the day (mostly), just really a problem to sleep with.

I'll have to call the hospital and see about getting additional/larger ones if they want to keep this in me for 2+ weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
winterize your windows
Duck-Window-Roll-On-Weatherize-4.jpg

if you have no reason to have your windows open (my wife is allergic to pollen, so house is practically sealed), costs like 4bucks per window
I need to get that shit for my basement permanently. Got a link to a good one ?