Health Problems

iannis

Musty Nester
This problem, there is a solution to it Dr. Dorian!

vespa.jpg

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Has anyone dealt with what I assume is an ingrown hair on their head similar to this:

3b-2.jpg

What was the outcome if so. How long did it take to resolve on its own and so on. Getting tired of walking around with what looks like a very visible nipple on the back of my head.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
#1 rule after working in hospitals is "never get on a fucking motorcycle." Like another poster said, morning wood is a natural part of REM sleep and not avoidable. I would think though that having issues with a foley must be avoidable because otherwise we'd hear about it a lot more often.

Lel it wasn't even a motorcycle, it was a fucking normal old bicycle. I just managed to rack myself on the cross bar so fucking badly it tore up my insides =\

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Has anyone dealt with what I assume is an ingrown hair on their head similar to this:

View attachment 191736

What was the outcome if so. How long did it take to resolve on its own and so on. Getting tired of walking around with what looks like a very visible nipple on the back of my head.

Looks to me like a cyst. You'll need to go to a dermatologist have have it surgically removed. They just get bigger over time and will last for decades.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that looks like more than an ingrown hair. The infection forms around the hair but the immune system can't shed the irritant so it eventually cordons it off. And that's how you get a weird cyst on your skin that lasts forever. Or the gland itself just gets clogged up and the same thing happens. That's why they're called sebaceous cysts.

You could get a family member to lance it and clean it, but since you're in canukistan I'd just go down to the local clinic and have it done. It'll sting a little bit.

It's exactly what you think it is. You cut it, drain it, and wash it. Dr. Pimple Popper has some videos of doing really really huge nasty ones. I mean getting someone that's done it before is obviously preferable... but it's not a high education type of procedure or anything. You don't want it to get reinfected is the main thing.

For size, not grossness.
sub.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I always wish I had a motorcycle to get through traffic. But, then you see the traumas that roll in and a lot of them are motorcycles. Traumatic spinal injuries and brain injuries just scare me too much.

Yea I've told the story before but we watched a guy dump his bike at a red light at 0mph and died just from over-torquing it. Don't think any of us will ever ride a bike after that, not even messing around on a closed course.

Kind of like how people who grow up seeing the effects of drug abuse will be adverse to using drugs in college and strongly frown on recreational casual use. its one of those determining things.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gonna go pick these up today.

Ordering myself. I have a hole in my ceiling from an HVAC pipe break upstairs of my unit.

They had repaired it previously so the cuts where the saw work was done are where the water was able to finally break through, after a few years of the pipe being "fine".

The shit is definitely extremely water-damaged and bubbled with grey coloring on the fringes of the area where the saw cut in previously to repair it. The drainage has a yellow tint from the sediment. It pours a few gallons down on me during a hot summer week.

I run 2 air filters in my bedroom and 1 major circulating industrial grade air-filter in my living room.

Hosix

All labs matter!

View attachment 191736

As someone who watches DR. Pimple popper that is a cyst.

Yeah, that looks like more than an ingrown hair. The infection forms around the hair but the immune system can't shed the irritant so it eventually cordons it off. And that's how you get a weird cyst on your skin that lasts forever. Or the gland itself just gets clogged up and the same thing happens. That's why they're called sebaceous cysts.

You could get a family member to lance it and clean it, but since you're in canukistan I'd just go down to the local clinic and have it done. It'll sting a little bit.

It's exactly what you think it is. You cut it, drain it, and wash it. Dr. Pimple Popper has some videos of doing really really huge nasty ones. I mean getting someone that's done it before is obviously preferable... but it's not a high education type of procedure or anything. You don't want it to get reinfected is the main thing.

For size, not grossness.

If you decide to have family lance this as suggested above? please make a YouTube video of it. Then post it here for internet glory.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 191736

how far back is it, you seemed to have taken a good enough pic of it, like the top of your head, maybe you can just take a quick razor w/ isoprophyl acohol and let that shit bleed out. make sure to nab the hair that has probably coiled into a snake, that one lone hair is probably 6in long.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
how far back is it, you seemed to have taken a good enough pic of it, like the top of your head, maybe you can just take a quick razor w/ isoprophyl acohol and let that shit bleed out. make sure to nab the hair that has probably coiled into a snake, that one lone hair is probably 6in long.

That's not my pic. That's just one I grabbed off the net. I don't think the hair is long at all as it would have come from shaving my head only 4 weeks ago or so. I have an appointment with a new doctor in a couple weeks anyway so I'll just get him to look at it.

It seriously does look like a fucking nipple though, including being pinkish red from the inflammation of it. I'm walking around like a woman trying to cover up their chin-tuck.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

View attachment 191736

I get these like crazy INSIDE my earlobes. I've had at least four of them surgically removed by a PS over the last 20 years. They start off looking/feeling like a pimple, I fuck with them, then they blow up to the size of a pea in my earlobe.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's not my pic. That's just one I grabbed off the net. I don't think the hair is long at all as it would have come from shaving my head only 4 weeks ago or so. I have an appointment with a new doctor in a couple weeks anyway so I'll just get him to look at it.

It seriously does look like a fucking nipple though, including being pinkish red from the inflammation of it. I'm walking around like a woman trying to cover up their chin-tuck.
oh you ain't got no hair to cover that up? yikes

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have one of those in my earlobe right now, and another on the back of my neck. They are small enough that I don't bother getting them lanced/removed. I did have one on the top of my head lanced a few years back and it has slowly gotten bigger again to the point where I might need to have it lanced again soon.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I get these like crazy INSIDE my earlobes. I've had at least four of them surgically removed by a PS over the last 20 years. They start off looking/feeling like a pimple, I fuck with them, then they blow up to the size of a pea in my earlobe.

My research while resolving my own skin problems I learned lumps in ear lobes are a symptom of Seborrheic dermatitis.

Mild cases will have the lumps just come and go without sticking around long. If your lumps are staying and inflaming you may have a bad case of it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My research while resolving my own skin problems I learned lumps in ear lobes are a symptom of Seborrheic dermatitis.

Mild cases will have the lumps just come and go without sticking around long. If your lumps are staying and inflaming you may have a bad case of it.

That's exactly what they are. They start off small but I can't help but fidget/fuck with them, they get infected, then swell up and require antibiotics. Then they need to be removed because scar tissue forms from the inflammation.

• 1Cringe

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Fast growing probably less likely to be cancerous lesion like basal cell/squamous cell and more likely to be sebaceous cyst as people have said.

Skin Cancer Information - SkinCancer.org

cancer.PNG

Verus:

Sebaceous cyst

800wm

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fast growing probably less likely to be cancerous lesion like basal cell/squamous cell and more likely to be sebaceous cyst as people have said.

Skin Cancer Information - SkinCancer.org

View attachment 191885

Verus:

Sebaceous cyst

800wm

This is good to know. The other family member that has the same genetic disorder I have (Lynch) started having skin cancer issues, so it was a concern for me when this popped up, albeit small as it's pretty obvious that it's just a cyst at this point

• 1Like