Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother had a morbidly obese nude woman fall through the curtain ,ripping it down and just straight died on the floor while he was high as fuck on pain meds

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No my real brother with his normal aged wife

He had to have major sack surgery to unspin his balls and sew them together so they'd stop free spinning

Plus also had variocela or whatever it's called

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Borzak.

I swear you are getting gout/inflammation attacks. If you eat a lot of Green leafy things, or stuff with a lot of bones near like ribs/chicken breast/wings, you should start recording what you eat and cutting back on stuff that might inflame you.

Take a damn benadryl dose and see if the shiny/irritated skin stretching feeling drops some.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Borzak.

I swear you are getting gout/inflammation attacks. If you eat a lot of Green leafy things, or stuff with a lot of bones near like ribs/chicken breast/wings, you should start recording what you eat and cutting back on stuff that might inflame you.

Take a damn benadryl dose and see if the shiny/irritated skin stretching feeling drops some.

To add on to this, if you decide to go this route, I would read about Mikhaila Peterson (Jordan Peterson's daughter). She went on a very serious elimination diet that really helped a lot of her issues. Speak with your own doctors about it, of course, but at this point I think she mostly just eats ground beef cooked in beef tallow with salt and ribeyes. If she eats anything else she starts getting serious problems. She was on Joe Rogan if you want to listen to that.

Note: she is not a doctor, so take what she says with a grain of salt. That being said, medical science couldn't help her so she decided to try the radical elimination diet on her own that solved most of her problems. You can read about them at Don't Eat That - The food pyramid is a lie, meat fat is good for you, and many (if not most) health problems are treatable with diet alone. I'm in remission from severe arthritis (multiple joints replaced), chronic fatigue, depression and a plethora of other symptoms from changing how I eat. This blog chronicles how my family and my parents eat and what it's done for us..

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Borzak.

I've had multiple test for gout. The blood test for the acid, x-ray and some ultrasound. I'm not sure how the ultrasound or x-ray worked but I took it. All negative. I've taken large does of ibuprofen (1600mg at a time) and it didn't really help. I've taken a few benadryl just to see if it helped, nothing. I've taken some other antihistimines I had just to see. No help. I really shouldn't be eating stuff known to cause gout really. I'm down to about 1/2 a meal a day and not eating much of the stuff listed.

I'm back on neurontin. Low does of 100mg 3 times a day as I work back to it. I was on 300mg 3 times a day for 2 years. Then tapered off with the 100mg just to see if it was the neurontin causing some of the issues. Stayed off a year. No help. I will say I started back I took a 300mg straight off, bad idea. I could barely walk and was in lalala land pretty bad. Fixed now.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hospital stays with random roommates are awful. Grats on the single man haha.

I was lucky to have good wardmates in my stays, but the person my mother was sharing her room with as she was dying was a fellow stroke victim that was screaming and swearing non-stop, which made sitting with my mother impossible, and we couldn't get her into a single room as they were doing construction on the floor. The last time I saw my mother was just after she had her breathing tubes taken out as I walked out of the room to the sound of a stroke victim screaming "Take this bib off me you fucking cunt!" Then followed by getting on a bus which resulted in a 3 hour long ride due to a sudden snow storm. This was all after having a chemo treatment the same morning.

Some days are just cursed.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've had multiple test for gout. The blood test for the acid, x-ray and some ultrasound. I'm not sure how the ultrasound or x-ray worked but I took it. All negative. I've taken large does of ibuprofen (1600mg at a time) and it didn't really help. I've taken a few benadryl just to see if it helped, nothing. I've taken some other antihistimines I had just to see. No help. I really shouldn't be eating stuff known to cause gout really. I'm down to about 1/2 a meal a day and not eating much of the stuff listed.

I'm back on neurontin. Low does of 100mg 3 times a day as I work back to it. I was on 300mg 3 times a day for 2 years. Then tapered off with the 100mg just to see if it was the neurontin causing some of the issues. Stayed off a year. No help. I will say I started back I took a 300mg straight off, bad idea. I could barely walk and was in lalala land pretty bad. Fixed now.
I was on Neurontin for a long time, switched to Lyrica a year or two ago and I like it a lot better. More effective and fewer side effects. Neurontin was REALLY fucking with my memory. Lyrica still kind of does it but not nearly as much.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was lucky to have good wardmates in my stays, but the person my mother was sharing her room with as she was dying was a fellow stroke victim that was screaming and swearing non-stop, which made sitting with my mother impossible, and we couldn't get her into a single room as they were doing construction on the floor. The last time I saw my mother was just after she had her breathing tubes taken out as I walked out of the room to the sound of a stroke victim screaming "Take this bib off me you fucking cunt!" Then followed by getting on a bus which resulted in a 3 hour long ride due to a sudden snow storm. This was all after having a chemo treatment the same morning.

Some days are just cursed.

Man that's a bummer :(

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Hey anyone here get their tonsils taken out as an adult?

If so, can you tell me

1. How bad was the pain and how long did the pain last?

2. Any complications?

3. Was there any improved quality of life once the healing process finished (better breathing, less waking up during the night, less throat infections)?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Definitely will be better breathing and less ear + throat infections. Heard of one dude that had his stitches reopen and swallowed a fuck load of blood, but I'd imagine that's rare.

Assume theyre doing an adenoidectomy too?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly not sure about the adenoid.

The ENT doctor warned me of complications such as the dude you mentioned. he said instances like that are like a percent of a percent in rarity.

On a scale of 1-10, he said the inflammation of my tonsils was at a 4. I seem to average one bout of strep/tonsilitis per year. He said it was honestly up to me if I wanted to go through with it because from what I told him, it didn't seem like there was an imminent need.

Told me to try asking people who specifically had them removed as an adult to help make my decision.

How about the pain?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ah werd, I had them taken out as a kid. I do know some people who had them removed later in life because of the same issues you said, but I can't comment on the pain. I remember it hurting like fuck as a kid for a week though. Imagine it's amplified in adults.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I can't say for certain regarding tonsillectomies as an adult - nor do I have personal experience of them being removed as a child. But, the most "common" risk is bleeding (swallowing blood) and even then, that's pretty uncommon. It's just one of those things that you as the patient should definitely be aware of.

I had the option of getting them removed because I was getting strep throat almost monthly. All of a sudden, it just stopped.

TBH, I don't think strep once a year warrants tonsillectomy -- but, that is totally up to you. Lol. I would imagine the recovery is the same as a child - soft cool foods.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Honestly not sure about the adenoid.

The ENT doctor warned me of complications such as the dude you mentioned. he said instances like that are like a percent of a percent in rarity.

On a scale of 1-10, he said the inflammation of my tonsils was at a 4. I seem to average one bout of strep/tonsilitis per year. He said it was honestly up to me if I wanted to go through with it because from what I told him, it didn't seem like there was an imminent need.

Told me to try asking people who specifically had them removed as an adult to help make my decision.

How about the pain?

A friend of mine had this done when he was 38. He said it was the worst pain he's ever endured in his life. Though he did have part of his palate scraped/reshaped as well and no idea if that was the main culprit.

I'd imagine the biggest problem is it's going to hurt every time you swallow, for like a week. Even when you just swallow saliva.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To add on to this, if you decide to go this route, I would read about Mikhaila Peterson (Jordan Peterson's daughter). She went on a very serious elimination diet that really helped a lot of her issues. Speak with your own doctors about it, of course, but at this point I think she mostly just eats ground beef cooked in beef tallow with salt and ribeyes. If she eats anything else she starts getting serious problems. She was on Joe Rogan if you want to listen to that.

Note: she is not a doctor, so take what she says with a grain of salt. That being said, medical science couldn't help her so she decided to try the radical elimination diet on her own that solved most of her problems. You can read about them at Don't Eat That - The food pyramid is a lie, meat fat is good for you, and many (if not most) health problems are treatable with diet alone. I'm in remission from severe arthritis (multiple joints replaced), chronic fatigue, depression and a plethora of other symptoms from changing how I eat. This blog chronicles how my family and my parents eat and what it's done for us..

i think for a while she was on tour with her dad being the manager and cook, they both just fucking eath beef w/ salt only, not even a brocc crown. she was making waves being a "diet consultant" too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe a dumb question. My diabetes medicine gives me a lot of stomach issues. It's right there under side effects, and the few times I've stopped taking meds the issues went away. There aren't many more medication options so what can I do to lessen it?

Pepto works, but I can t live on Pepto. I eat pretty clean and my numbers are good. Any good supplements or anything I can take to help? Fiber? Not sure

Rags8o

Trakanon Raider
Maybe a dumb question. My diabetes medicine gives me a lot of stomach issues. It's right there under side effects, and the few times I've stopped taking meds the issues went away. There aren't many more medication options so what can I do to lessen it?

Pepto works, but I can t live on Pepto. I eat pretty clean and my numbers are good. Any good supplements or anything I can take to help? Fiber? Not sure

I am assuming that you're a type 2 diabetic taking a medicine called metformin?