Health Problems

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Is your blood pressure low? 95 is pretty high resting. Looking at my fitbit over the past month or so I'm between 58-62 resting most days and I'm not in particularly stellar shape. Could also be stress though. When I had some anxiety/insomnia issues around a year and a half ago my resting was up towards 70.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had burcitis in the shoulder once. It was beyond painful. It had been bothering me for a while and I assume I would get over it eventually. It really only showed up when shooting the bow or something. One day it got worse while playing golf. A few days later I reached down to pick up something that probably weighed about what a notebook does. I fell over and literally passed out from the pain. I woke up laying on the floor. I got up against the wall after looking it up. I played around with it and it broke free eventually. Pretty loud pop. Not near as painful as it had been the day I fell out. 15 years ago, nothing since.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Resting heart rate feels super high. My fitbit tells me it's 95 which is at the top end of normal, but a lot of times during the day I'm hitting 120

Should I prepare to die? The shitty thing is when I went to the doctor the nurse said my heart rate was fine. I thought my fitbit was screwing up, but I timed it and it isn't. Think she was just bad

Thinking about switching gears and running for an hour 4-5 times a week.

It's not a *great* sign that your resting heart rate is almost tachycardic (>100). It could indicate sleep deprivation, dehydration, or other electrolyte imbalances. On the flip side, it could also indicate your heart may be going into a dysrhythmia. Keep an eye on it. Your doctor may put you on a rate control medication like a beta blocker or calcium channel blocker.

Or you could just be incredibly unfit. Lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not a *great* sign that your resting heart rate is almost tachycardic (>100). It could indicate sleep deprivation, dehydration, or other electrolyte imbalances. On the flip side, it could also indicate your heart may be going into a dysrhythmia. Keep an eye on it. Your doctor may put you on a rate control medication like a beta blocker or calcium channel blocker.

Or you could just be incredibly unfit. Lol.
I'm unfit but definitely not "incredibly " haha. I go to the gym 4 nights a week and I eat... Things

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My doc said I have a heavily damaged Rotator Cuff. Anyone know how long to heal this kind of thing? Been sleeping sitting up unable to find a position where my arm isnt feeling like it's on fire. Was prescribed Gabapentin for the pain. What?

Low-grade partial tears can usually (mostly) mend on their own given rest, physical therapy, NSAIDs/steroids, and time. High-grade partials usually get worse if left to their own devices and eventually need surgical correction, although most insurance companies still want you to try conservative treatment for a few weeks first (they may grant an exception if the PT makes things worse and your doctor documents this.) Complete tears need surgery.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
there is a big difference between resting bp of 120 and 90. Noodleface Noodleface you seriously can see 120 BPM when you are sitting down? That would be bad.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
What's up nerds. Haven't been around since Rerolled, partially due to having two kids, and being two years into a cancer diagnosis (Multiple Myeloma, no cure, got diagnosed 1 month after my son was born). Laying on the couch as my bone marrow fires stem cells into my blood stream (neuprogen?) and it hurts like hell. Going in for stem cell retrieval on Monday after another 3 shots of this stuff tomorrow, so that I can ice some stem cells in case of emergency. I've been told that I can expect to live 30+ years with this (46 now), but getting cancer really does a number on you mentally. Besides my wife, I don't really talk about it with too many other people. People get weird when you bring it up. I guess they don't want to think about their own mortality. Things could always be worse, as my chemo doesn't have too many side effects, but again it's a mindfuck having this and knowing there is no cure. My therapist says that many people live with things that have no cure (Lupus, etc), so it's not like I'm alone. Anyway, getting old sucks!

One of my cousin's has gone through stem cell therapy for multiple myeloma, he was stage 4 downgraded to 3a/b, he says it was incredibly hard on him and his wife. Me being me, I want to know why shit happens, he says it's random and rare. While visiting him over the holidays I noticed he eats cereal for breakfast every damn time. I remembered reading about high levels of glyphosate (roundup) in cereals and sure enough, google searches turn up agriculture workers around glyphosate have higher diagnosis of multiple myeloma. I ask him what cereals he eats, and a lot of them have BHT in the ingredients list as well.

Correlation/causation blah blah blah, but I would stay away from stuff that has glyphosate. Farmers are spraying it before harvest to dry out the crops better for more yield (money) but that's the only time they use it for certain crops as otherwise it will kill the crop (wheat for example).

Good luck man, I hope you feel better.

Borzak

Changing insulin types from NPH and Regular which has worked all over the years. It's not doing so well lately I guess due to my lack of excercise as much. I can get it down with a lot more insulin but it gets up and down. Lantus and Novalog now. Been on it nearly a week. Still trying to tune in the amount. I can't get novalog to do much of anything.My sugar stays real constant, no up and down. But it stays medium high all the time and nothing seems to make it change. Grrr. Just takes time I guess.

Anyone have any experience changing types?

Borzak

I did a halter harness or however you spell it for 3 days. I didn't understand why they did it after they gave me medication to lower my heart rate. It came out fine. An internist ordered it, not the cardiologist.

Does a fitbit have the ability to record it over time like a halter monitor would? I don't know what you would do. The caridiologist took the opinion if it didn't happen in the office nothing was happening. I finally complained about it enough to get some medication from the internist that leveled it out.

Last edited:

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I did a halter harness or however you spell it for 3 days. I didn't understand why they did it after they gave me medication to lower my heart rate. It came out fine. An internist ordered it, not the cardiologist.

Does a fitbit have the ability to record it over time like a halter monitor would? I don't know what you would do. The caridiologist took the opinion if it didn't happen in the office nothing was happening. I finally complained about it enough to get some medication from the internist that leveled it out.

They do, but most wrist-mounted fitness trackers don't record very accurate heart rates (unless there is one that is compatible with a chest strap, not sure if there is off the top of my head.) A Holter will be more accurate generally speaking.

As for why they gave you a Holter after they put you on meds, probably CYA to make sure the meds weren't dropping your HR too much or causing other kinds of arrhythmias.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The fitbit seems pretty accurate for when my hr is below like 130. Above that, it seems to just go blank and not register it.

I've also noticed that for some reason playing guitar will make it think my hr is 15-20 bpm higher than it is. I'm guessing something to do with my left hand/finger movements throwing it off.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Negative. Nurse said my heart rate was normal

Randomly spiking to 120 at rest is not good. You could eventually go into a condition called paroxsymal supraventricular tachycardia - that or an uncontrolled AFib. If a patient tells me their heart does that at rest, you bet your sweet ass there's likely going to be a holter/ziopatch monitor for at least a week to see if they can catch it. That and a cards consult.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Randomly spiking to 120 at rest is not good. You could eventually go into a condition called paroxsymal supraventricular tachycardia - that or an uncontrolled AFib. If a patient tells me their heart does that at rest, you bet your sweet ass there's likely going to be a holter/ziopatch monitor for at least a week to see if they can catch it. That and a cards consult.
To be fair, at the time it was the first day I had the Fitbit and I thought it was broken when my nurse said my heart rate was normal. But I have a regular appt soon so bringing it up.

This is what j needed to hear, that is

Borzak

Fuck cancer. I was on my way to the airport in NO to fly back to Austin. Friend called. Cancer. I turned around and spent an extra day trying to comfort before I flew out. My MRI results I had done the last week came back while I was sitting there. More lesions. My friend got upset. It's nothing compared to cancer. Nothing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

My new continuous blood glucose monitor is working out well. My endocrinologist was worried with new insulin type I would be clueless. Only reason I really wanted the thing it has alarms that go off if too low so I can hear it at night to wake me up. So far minus the first day when the insulin dose she gave me was way off it's been near 100% in the target range every day for 20 something days. It downloads straight to the clinic and she sent me a message, no need to come in just do what you want. She first wanted me to count carbs and such. I looked at it and put it into the monitor. Most of my insulin dose comes from knowing what will raise my blood sugar, she acted surprised.

Anyway it's not bad. I was kind of worried about feeling the thing all the time on my skin and the needed poked in me. Can't feel it 5 minutes after putting it in/on.

Not bad. I'm impressed. Yeah I know lots of people use them now. I read news from the FAA, if you have a continuous blood glucose monitor and your doctor signs off on it you can get a private pilots license AND eligible for passing a class A medical now and they said at some popint someone will qualify for a commercial pilots license as a diabetic with the continuous blood control monitor. I'll believe it when I see it.

I did read on the local new site John Schneidder (aka the blonde from Dukes of Hazard) has got the crazies now. He lives pretty close to mom and dad and where I lived before. He talked about his wife curing stage 4 cancer with nothing but CBD oil. He magically is starting a company that sells CBD oil. I know his wife. We were in a wedding together. She was cuckoa for cocoa puffs then. I asked what she did for a living, professional gold digger she said. The wedding of my friend that is a nurse executive now, her friend that is a nurse practicioner, wonder what they think of this "news".

Last edited: