Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They gave me Adderall in highschool for super anxiety. Didn't help at all, and it made me really tired. Pretty sure it was supposed to do the opposite.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Went to the doctor this morning. The fatigue has gotten incrediably worse. Like I worry if the house caught on fire I'd be too tired to even make it out. He suggested Adderall. Any experience? Especially adults. I know it's got problem with kids which is I think most they prescribe it for.

According to the doctor it helps fatigue and cognitive fog. That's one of the issues I have and reason I rarely drive. Just wondering if anyone had problem with it in adults.

Yeah man, I'll add another voice here that it's worth a shot for you. You sound worried about how it's a drug of abuse for kids, but I wouldn't worry too much. You have self control it sounds like, and it's a very safe drug when taken as prescribed. The sort of thing that you can be on for a decade or three as long as it keeps working. And yeah, like iannis said, if you don't like it you can just stop taking it. It's not the sort of thing that takes time to build up, you'll feel it the first day. And if you don't like it, you can quit taking it and you'll be back to normal next day (maybe two or three days if you wait a few months before deciding you don't like it).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hey Synj Synj are you able to always feel your butt pellets if you rub your ass? The first few times I had them inserted I could feel them under my skin, but this last time I can't feel them at all, which combined with no difference in energy makes me think he missed inserting them or something..

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Hey Synj Synj are you able to always feel your butt pellets if you rub your ass? The first few times I had them inserted I could feel them under my skin, but this last time I can't feel them at all, which combined with no difference in energy makes me think he missed inserting them or something..

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

There’s no way you would be able to miss, they are inserted into the subcutaneous fat. There is such a thing as extrusion where they get pushed out but you’d know it (it would pop out through the skin and be infected looking).

The not feeling anything could mean a change in dose, talk to them about it and find out.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

There’s no way you would be able to miss, they are inserted into the subcutaneous fat. There is such a thing as extrusion where they get pushed out but you’d know it (it would pop out through the skin and be infected looking).

The not feeling anything could mean a change in dose, talk to them about it and find out.

Actually was supposed to go up from 8 to 10 this time, just odd that I can’t feel them anywhere when I grab my ass.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The biggest issue I am having now internal vibrations. I've had them for several years now coming from the MS. But there's nothing I can do to lessen them and at times it almost feels like I'm moving several inches. In the day up and about I don't notice it. Laying down it really starts to get annoying. When it first started years ago I felt like the alien deal was trying to bust out of my stomach and I kept putting my hand there to make sure it wasn't moving.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My first blood test after starting on Lipitor - bad cholesterol dropped 100, good cholesterol went up 25. Now sitting at 73/76 HDL/LDL. My ALT and AST showed up high at 74 and 47, one cause is too much alcohol. Yesterday I had 2 glasses of wine at an afternoon birthday party and then I had 2 beers last night. Too much?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Tbo that's alot of alcohol. The shit is cummilative over a lifetime. Drinking on lipitor can really change your enzymes alot. Kuurin knows best but I was on lipitor and fenofibrate for cholesterol and triglycerides.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My first blood test after starting on Lipitor - bad cholesterol dropped 100, good cholesterol went up 25. Now sitting at 73/76 HDL/LDL. My ALT and AST showed up high at 74 and 47, one cause is too much alcohol. Yesterday I had 2 glasses of wine at an afternoon birthday party and then I had 2 beers last night. Too much?

Statins (like Lipitor) commonly cause transaminitis (your elevated liver enzymes.) If they started being elevated after starting Lipitor, that's likely the cause. An alcoholics liver enzymes are usually 2:1 elevation of AST to ALT, yours are opposite of that. A lot of docs will freak out over mildly elevated liver enzymes secondary to statin use, however the statin is so beneficial it should be continued. The newer literature says to repeat the liver enzyme level at a certain interval and make sure they haven't gotten worse. If they skyrocketed to the hundreds or thousands, obviously stop the statin. But if they remain about the same, that's no cause for concern. A GI doctors input would be useful.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I tried Lipitor for a short time. It made me feel like someone had beat on my arms or both sides of my body with a pipe pretty hard. I don't know how common that was.

New medicine day. Copaxone injection again. I think next injection I'm going to skip the auto injector.

I guess the holidays have put everything into slow motion including shipping. My new glucose meter on the slow boat.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm sure you're just drinking for taste. 4 drinks a day is both a lot and not a lot.

You're certainly not getting inebriated off of that. But it is a fair amount of alcohol.

Cut it in half and you probably will feel better. Nevermind the enzymes (all true) but even more immediately than that you won't be riding the edge of dehydration all week, for one.

Most of those "wine is good for you" studies assume one or two glasses a day. It's not like you have to cut it out completely.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Is that average, 4 drinks in one day?

Yes and no. If you drink 4 hard drinks every day and you stop, you will go through withdrawal. Things like beer or 4 glasses of wine (that's kind of a lot every day) not so much.

The truest answer though: if you're asking, YES IT IS TOO MUCH.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes and no. If you drink 4 hard drinks every day and you stop, you will go through withdrawal. Things like beer or 4 glasses of wine (that's kind of a lot every day) not so much.

The truest answer though: if you're asking, YES IT IS TOO MUCH.

You guys are alcohol shaming me. I drink 2 beers a night after work on week nights. On the weekends I drink 2 beers and 2 mixed drinks. When I'm drinking it, it doesn't seem like a lot, when I'm thinking about it after the fact, like now, yes it is a lot. I'll cut back.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If you need any more incentive, just cutting the beers out would come close to a full pound of weight in calories per week. Just over 3lbs in a month.

• 1Like