Health Problems

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got no advice for you, but I'm really sorry you're going through all that. Hope everything turns out ok for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Did you collapse at work from just so much pain? I feel like people totally do not know what convulsions really mean and anyone who passes out is an immediate seizure (when it's really not). Get it checked out. If anything, you'll just live with one kidney. Hope it's not a malignancy.
It was strange because it wasn't really painful, I just lost control of my body. I was doubling over and shaking uncontrollably, it would come and go in waves. I was conscious and pretty calm mentally the whole time. I was thinking weird shit like how I could reassure the security guard because he sounded like he was panicking. I appreciate the support guys, I don't really want to dump this on my friends/family right now since I don't really know wtf is going on but it is cathartic in a way just to share what I'm going through.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I went through something similar with my colon cancer (not saying you have cancer) where the tumor would randomly start hurting and I would be doubled over and shaking from the pain, but it was rare and it was only a discomfort the rest of the time.

Have you been having any light headedness, shortness of breath, or strange cravings for things like ice or iron heavy foods?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Have you been having any light headedness, shortness of breath, or strange cravings for things like ice or iron heavy foods?
Light headedness has been a pretty consistent issue for me even before the rest of the issue manifested. No real issues w/ SoB or food cravings though. Hope your cancer is in remission and stays there

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Light headedness has been a pretty consistent issue for me even before the rest of the issue manifested. No real issues w/ SoB or food cravings though. Hope your cancer is in remission and stays there

I assume you've had your blood levels checked, but get it done if you haven't. Low hemoglobin can creep up pretty fast and cause problems with light headedness up to and including feeling like things are fine even if you're in a really bad situation where you're prone to collapsing. Your judgement/awareness gets pretty compromised.

I've been cancer free for a few years now, so all is good on that front.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I assume you've had your blood levels checked, but get it done if you haven't. Low hemoglobin can creep up pretty fast and cause problems with light headedness up to and including feeling like things are fine even if you're in a really bad situation where you're prone to collapsing. Your judgement/awareness gets pretty compromised.

I've been cancer free for a few years now, so all is good on that front.
Yea my blood panels are all good. Getting some blood cultures done from yesterday but with no fever they aren't really expecting any infections.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
My dad had a knee replacement surgery scheduled. They found out pre-op that he had a bad heart valve so he gets a valve replacement and triple bypass in the middle of December. Recovery goes ok but slowly due to him smoking for 50 years. Three weeks ago he starts deteriorating rapidly. After a few days the find out they have to operate on him again and find out the one of the bypasses they put in detached from his aorta and all the blood was pouring into his chest and it was a miracle he survived until surgery. After 10 days of ups and downs and being on a machine that pumped and oxygenated his blood (ECMO) he passed away early this morning at the age of 66 with all of us at his side. Suns about to start coming up and and I can’t stop thinking about him and the fact that he’s gone. This wasn’t supposed to happen yet, we should have had another 15 years together.

• 15Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
jayrebb jayrebb , I haven't ever used 30g syringes, but I'd be happy to trade them for my 27g. That said, I'm actually going to switch to diabetic syringes because there's no serum waste in the reservoir. I use 1 ML syringes now, but I inject .3 ML (200mg per 1 ML) E3D and I always end up wasting ~.1 ML. It doesn't seem like much, but with the frequency of my injections, it adds up.

More to your post, I inject very, very slowly so that I never have PIP (post injection pain). I also massage the area pretty heavily for a minute or two after I inject to help diffuse the oil into the muscle. I always inject into my right quad and I've never had a single issue. Granted, I've only been doing it 9 months.

I can say nipro 30g pins flow oil no problem in a 1ML. I'm not sure how much hydraulic pressure you lose in a 0.5 ML syringe, depending on design. the 1 ML I have are thin and long and pack a high wallop to the oil, flows faster than some 27g rigs I had last year. You can buy 30g luer lock pins separate, standard draw up and swap pin routine. So no reason to backfill/slow draw a 28g or 29g insulin syringe straight from vial unless you are deadset on 0.5ML syringe and can't find it in a luer lock. 28g and 29g luer lock pins don't exist from any manufacturer.

But do you happen to have labwork on the .3 ML E3D protocol? Just curious what your E2, total T, and SHBG, look like.

I'm on 125mg E6D and having some "ehhh" days. I'm a confirmed high SHBG guy so not doing myself any favors, but wanted to avoid the "wolfman" sex drive I had during other doses/schemes. Coming up on my 4th week at 125mg E6D and going to reassess and make some changes I think that will probably include a bit of an increase to 140mg. I've been a oldschool spike up and fall down levels type of guy for years, so hesitant to jump on the multiple shots a week bandwagon just yet-- although it seems inevitable for health/mood reasons. I've gotten really used to the ebb and flow.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My dad had a knee replacement surgery scheduled. They found out pre-op that he had a bad heart valve so he gets a valve replacement and triple bypass in the middle of December. Recovery goes ok but slowly due to him smoking for 50 years. Three weeks ago he starts deteriorating rapidly. After a few days the find out they have to operate on him again and find out the one of the bypasses they put in detached from his aorta and all the blood was pouring into his chest and it was a miracle he survived until surgery. After 10 days of ups and downs and being on a machine that pumped and oxygenated his blood (ECMO) he passed away early this morning at the age of 66 with all of us at his side. Suns about to start coming up and and I can’t stop thinking about him and the fact that he’s gone. This wasn’t supposed to happen yet, we should have had another 15 years together.

My dad died too early as well. Coping with it doesn't get easy, but it does get easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Something similar with my old man last year.

Condolences to you and your family. Definitely gets better with time, but still cry like a bitch sometimes around my son, thinking about dad

• 2Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife has gotten conjunctivitis about 4 times in the last year. Kids got it once each, at the same time. My wife washes her hands a lot and wipes down shit all the time because she's kind of a germaphobe. I cannot for the life of me figure out why she keeps getting it.

Every time she gets it, she finishes the full course of antibiotics. She throws out whatever contacts and the case she was using. I just... I'm at a loss for words now.

My only guess is it's sticking around and popping back up but I don't understand how. I told her to talk to her dr, but pretty sure they'll just give her another round and send her on her way.

iannis

Musty Nester
My wife has gotten conjunctivitis about 4 times in the last year. Kids got it once each, at the same time. My wife washes her hands a lot and wipes down shit all the time because she's kind of a germaphobe. I cannot for the life of me figure out why she keeps getting it.

Every time she gets it, she finishes the full course of antibiotics. She throws out whatever contacts and the case she was using. I just... I'm at a loss for words now.

My only guess is it's sticking around and popping back up but I don't understand how. I told her to talk to her dr, but pretty sure they'll just give her another round and send her on her way.

If she uses eyeliner, throw that away too.

Otherwise it it's vital it can persist on solid surfaces for long enough to reinfect. Which means wash the entire house, almost.

• 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
If she uses eyeliner, throw that away too.

Otherwise it it's vital it can persist on solid surfaces for long enough to reinfect. Which means wash the entire house, almost.

Ask her if she's bought any cosmetics on amazon. My wife had no idea how many counterfeit cosmetics from China were being sold on the site. It lead to a series of eye infections until they figured it out. Right about the same time she got rid of all of them a lot of articles about how the products were being made came out (terrifying). Probably not the same for your wife but worth checking.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife doesn't wear any makeup, doesn't even own any. But good call on that. She saw the doctor today. His best guess is he saw a lot of irritation and thinks her eyes have been inflamed for awhile and that basically makes it easy for bacteria/infection to set in. So he prescribed an anti inflammatory and antibiotic. We'll see...

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Also she was washing her contact lenses cases out with hand soap and I told her to stop that shit. Doesn't seem right.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Not cheap. My insurance paid for mine. I think a lot of insurances cover them now to save problems with diabetics that never know their blood sugar. It's hard to find an actual price. I think very few pay for them. It's 3 parts, the sensor that last 10 days, the transmitter that last a couple of months, and the receiver. I think I saw the receiver was $400 give or take. You can buy expired sensors on ebay still not cheap.
I love love love my Dexcom. It's easily the best thing in my diabetic life since the preloaded insulin pens. Just being able to watch the ebb and flow, the late rise, etc. is such a huge game changer: Every five minutes I get a reading that changes how I understand how my body is working, how the different foods get digested, how juices get absorbed, how different insulin amounts work. I wish I had one of these 25 years ago; I was diagnosed 27 years ago. The Libre isn't really CGM, its just an easier way to do spot checks without finger sticks. Sorry to hear you were/are having trouble switching types. I have been having trouble even on the same types (Lantis/Humalog) changing my diet to try to lose some weight. I am a late type 1, didn't hit me until I was 22 but had a classic honeymoon period, etc.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wife doesn't wear any makeup, doesn't even own any. But good call on that. She saw the doctor today. His best guess is he saw a lot of irritation and thinks her eyes have been inflamed for awhile and that basically makes it easy for bacteria/infection to set in. So he prescribed an anti inflammatory and antibiotic. We'll see...

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Also she was washing her contact lenses cases out with hand soap and I told her to stop that shit. Doesn't seem right.
she ever try the disposable contacts that you throw away or just avoid contacts entirely?