Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah man this is why I game

7b0.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The pain has gone from major discomfort to pain at times to right near the 9 on the 10 point scale. Yesterdady was a good day and went without any pain pills. Today was going well then about 5pm in 1/2 an hour it just crippled me. Finally took enough pain pills that it cut it down enough to sit and use the net. I can tell the blurred vision is starting which usually happens if I take many pain pills. The pain now is still pretty high.

To top it all off twwo of my friends are nurses that offered "help" if I move in with them. One works full time at a hospice which may be what I need. It's on my mind, but honestly the last thing I need now and the last thing I need to broach with y wife. This sucks. I starte dwith tramadol which normally is ok for light discomfort to take the edg eoff. Then hydrocoden, the oxycodene or ocontin I'd have to look. Plus a large dose of ibuprofen. This sucks

My skin is tryng to kill me. I put moisturize on constnatly and wen it's bad it burns majorily to put it on. Liek the skin is raw. like putting something on an open wound.

It's obviously autoimmune related. I can't get prednison prescipt because being a diabetic theyr afraid my blood sugar will get high. At this pint I don't give a fuck. I had infusions of 1,000/day of methylprendisone and kept it under controlbut they wont give me a 60mg pill or whatever it is.

97F today and heat index of 105ish and I have the heat on full blast in my mother in law suite. So freaking cold.

Last edited:

Borzak

i've had about enuf of this fucking shit. god damn it's like all auotoimmune at once. fuck this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Curious to find out why you were put on 1g of Solu-Medrol. We've had a few patients here and there that will come in, 3 days in a row, for their steroid infusion. I am completely blanking on the reason for it and it's always the same diagnosis, lmao.

Borzak

My first diagnoses was MS. That came and went pretty quick so I didn't need an infusion like they do most times during an attack. 5-6 months later my hands started tingling bad and hurting so the doctor ordered the infusion thinking it was a relaspe and I had an MRI following it. Nothing new. All my lesions have resolved or at least gotten smaller in 6 years. I only had 4. No when they do an infusion when they don't know what else to do it's 500mg of methyl prednison according to what is on the bag. The new guidlines for what makes a diagnosis of MS I do not meet that.

It was rapidly changed from MS when it happened to a month later to ADEM which is monophasic MS basically that can be much worse in response to an infection or virus. Kids get it in response to vaccines and chicken pox and stuff. The mayo clinic told me they studied some countries like Norway that follow your medical history forever and they said you can get it as an adult as well. Anyway at the time I had shinges which was the tip off. It can be fatal with a full whiteout of lesions. But the mayor said that was fairly new that you can get it and not be a whiteout. Guy I worked with his wife for 25 years was told she had MS and they went everywhere. Finally Baylor medical said it had been something else and she's been off everything for 10 years now. one time deal. I've personally never met anyone with MS, it's very uncommon in the south, due to being tied a lot to vitimin D deficiency. Canada and countries like Norway have much higher rates of it.

Last edited:

Borzak

I go in for another infusion next week. I'm not sure how long 3 days or something most likely. I first had an infusion years ago I was over the MS episode or ADEM whichever and 6 months later my hands hurt like the skin was too tight. That's what is happening over my knees and shoulders now. It feels like a giant carpet burn or rope burn at times.

My friend is a nurse and taught nursing for quite a while, she put the bug in a doctors ear and we had a phone talk and he is setting up the time and all Monday. She also volunteered herself to take care of me if I came and lived with her. One of two. I'm married :(

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My aunt up in Canada has had MS for like 30 years, and she's at the point where she's in a wheelchair and has no coordination left, but she's never complained of severe pain. A host of other issues mental and physical, but not significant pain.

Borzak

When I had my MS episode, if that's what it was - it was very peaceful actually. The left side of my body didn't want to work but there was no pain. I slept better than I ever have.

This is apparently some other auto immune issue with my skin. My hands felt like my skin is too tight which started it all. That's why I had an infusion several years ago to start. Same as my knees now. My skin is getting extremely thick. It's hard to give an injection in places now. When I bend down I can feel my skin stretch in my knees. That's where the pain comes from. At first I thought it was from wearing jeans. It just annoys what is already hurting in the skin. When I play guitar under my arms hurt from moving the skin. I thought it was lymph nodes. At one time I had the butterfly rash across my face/nose like Lupus. Doesn't count because I didn't take a pic.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
meh ive shown docs smoking-gun signs via pictures of various erythematosus presentation on the face and received 0 feedback, diagnosis, or desire to treat anything.

most I got was "well i dont know what u have actually" and did a cursory check for additional signs of seb derm (which I already knew wasn't the case since I have 0 scalp problems of any kind) but yea after this guy checked my hair (40 years of experience as he says, btw) he was just done with the appointment and apparently its on to the next one lol. No tests or referral recommendations, just "welp IDK"

So I wouldnt feel too bad about not catching that 1 picture. Prob would have amounted to fuckall.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Insomnia is pretty annoying. Anyone know any good techniques or ways to make your mind stop thinking of everything in the universe when you lay down to go to sleep? Ill literally be sitting at my desk nodding off but the second Im in bed, I cant fall asleep.

Borzak

Happens to me a lot can't shut it down. I go sit on the deck and watch the deer and smoke a cigar and it relaxes me and then come in and go to sleep and it works pretty fast. I hear a lot of people take pills of some type.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Ive taken ambien a handful of times and it works great but I really dont like being reliant on a pill for such a problem.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hear a lot of people take pills of some type.
Melatonine works decently for me, doesn't work, for me, multiples days in row, but it's a decent wildcard once a week or so, failing asleep in 15 minutes instead of 1+ hour. I was really surprised at how efficient it is, for something seemingly very safe (1mg).

Out of everything that I have tried, it's the only thing that makes a difference. Never tried actual sleeping pills though.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I absolutely hate melatonin - it makes me feel so drowsy in the morning. Ambien causes severe dependency issues, so I tell my patients that Xanax is far better. But, the issue with benzos is of course, early dementia and benzo withdrawal can be bad. One of my coworkers recommended magnesium (specifically 400mg mag glycinate) so I tried it out since my work schedule is so bizarre. I've had some pretty damned good sleep since being on it and maybe a handful of times do I require a "GET TO BED NOW" remedy (sublingual Ambien or 0.25mg of Xanax).

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ambien causes severe dependency issues, so I tell my patients that Xanax is far better.

My doc also shut down Ambien and favored the Xanax for insomnia. He's ivy league so he must be up on the research. He wouldn't budge at all on Ambien.

It was a firm no.