Health Problems

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Wow that's an old post. I did not, the lesion eventually went away.

I just got a septoplasty this morning, so I searched the forums to see if anyone mentioned it. This post was the only one :emoji_nose:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
fag

don't pick your nose, try not to sneeze.

Septoplasty technology has apparently gone warp speed in last 2 years. They dont even pack your nose anymore after. I had to do it to fix my deviated septum and some other shit, havent been able to breathe like a normal person in 30+ years

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had a CT scan today. Still waiting to get the report and word from the doctor, probably tomorrow. But OMG talk about pain. I had to lay down with my arms up above my head. My shoulder. Shit that was 12 hours ago and it still hurts. I thought I was going to pass out. My left arm is the one that was nearly dead during my MS episode. Then I had a MRI tech or the nurse doing contracst try to break that arm a year or two ago.

It's amazing even with the waiting room at a major hospital in the area as few people in them now, they call you in, only two people allowed per visit, still manage to find someone 6 feet away talking on the phone trying to run a business with the volume on 11 the entire time, and sitting in a hospital waiting room eating a whole pizza when I hadn't eat anything in 6 hours. Making friends everywhere I go lol.

I don't think they are going to find anything. CT scans have changed since my last one 5 years ago or something like that. Now they have a computer talk to you and show you a symbol for holding your breath. Surprised it doens't talk in an indian (dot not feather) voice like everything else or push 1 for English.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Septoplasty technology has apparently gone warp speed in last 2 years. They dont even pack your nose anymore after. I had to do it to fix my deviated septum and some other shit, havent been able to breathe like a normal person in 30+ years

It has been that way for a decade at least. I had a septoplasty along with adenoid reduction to fix breathing issues in 2010 or 2011 and they didn't pack mine. I just had to wear a nose bib for a day or two after the surgery and then couldn't blow my nose or do any heavy lifting for the first 2 weeks afterward. Over the four weeks after that I increased activity as I felt was okay.

The craziest thing for me is that my adenoids blocked so much of nasal passage prior to the surgery that I literally had never had a runny nose until after I was 30 years old. It surprised the hell out of me the first time it happened.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It has been that way for a decade at least. I had a septoplasty along with adenoid reduction to fix breathing issues in 2010 or 2011 and they didn't pack mine. I just had to wear a nose bib for a day or two after the surgery and then couldn't blow my nose or do any heavy lifting for the first 2 weeks afterward. Over the four weeks after that I increased activity as I felt was okay.

The craziest thing for me is that my adenoids blocked so much of nasal passage prior to the surgery that I literally had never had a runny nose until after I was 30 years old. It surprised the hell out of me the first time it happened.

I've had enlarged adenoids for 10 years or so. Put off any surgery cause it's never really bothered me, or more like i can live with it.

Wondering if i should just pull the trigger and get those fuckers removed like i should have 10 years ago, sometimes i wonder how breathing without those fucking things in the way feels like.

LiquidDeath

I've had enlarged adenoids for 10 years or so. Put off any surgery cause it's never really bothered me, or more like i can live with it.

Wondering if i should just pull the trigger and get those fuckers removed like i should have 10 years ago, sometimes i wonder how breathing without those fucking things in the way feels like.

It is life changing for sure, but it isn't without its drawbacks.

First and foremost, always avoid going under the knife if you can. If you don't experience breathing issues or something similar than I'd leave it as is. Of course, get a ENT to scope your nasal cavities and tell you what's up.

Aside from that, I now snore worse than I did before the surgery. Now part of that is most likely due to age, but the surgery certainly contributed to it. I'm not even sure how, but it was measurably worse post-surgery.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Did you breathe significantly better after the surgery?

Its hard for me to tell right now because my nose is packed full of bloody coagulated mucus, scarring tissue, blood crusties and everything is dried out and painful but I can tell that my sense of smell definitely improved. We have a rose bush outside our front door and I smelled it for the first time ever the other day

The other part they did is reduce my turbinates by inserting a needle into them through my nose and then vibrating the needle at an extremely high frequency to scar them and reduce them in size.

LiquidDeath

Did you breathe significantly better after the surgery?

Its hard for me to tell right now because my nose is packed full of bloody coagulated mucus, scarring tissue, blood crusties and everything is dried out and painful but I can tell that my sense of smell definitely improved. We have a rose bush outside our front door and I smelled it for the first time ever the other day

The other part they did is reduce my turbinates by inserting a needle into them through my nose and then vibrating the needle at an extremely high frequency to scar them and reduce them in size.

Oh shit. I just realized I had turbinate reduction as well. It was so long ago that I forgot that part.

Anyways, yes, I definitely could smell better and breath better after the surgery. That was the night and day difference. I don't know if it was correcting the deviated septum, the adenoid reduction, the turbinate reduction, or just all of them together, but it definitely helped.

Another thing I forgot was that my voice changed. It took on a less nasally tone after the surgery. It actually shocked my wife quite a bit, but I couldn't notice it on my own.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It is life changing for sure, but it isn't without its drawbacks.

First and foremost, always avoid going under the knife if you can. If you don't experience breathing issues or something similar than I'd leave it as is. Of course, get a ENT to scope your nasal cavities and tell you what's up.

Aside from that, I now snore worse than I did before the surgery. Now part of that is most likely due to age, but the surgery certainly contributed to it. I'm not even sure how, but it was measurably worse post-surgery.

I have fucking annoying post nasal drip. Pretty much all year around always my entire life. When i went to the ENT he looked in my nose and said boi your adenoids are blocking a lot of the path. Should get them cut. That was 10 years ago.

I can breath fine, or at least i think i can cause i don't know better, so that's why i never went to get those fuckers taken out.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How’s the breathing, former mouth breather?

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How’s the breathing, former mouth breather?

Horrible. My nose is full of dried up blood, thick mucus, bloody scabs and crusties and the whole thing is drier than a desert.

Recovery process is not fun

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I've had enlarged adenoids for 10 years or so... Wondering if i should just pull the trigger and get those fuckers removed

I had an adenoidectomy at 5 due to constant ear infections. Haven't missed them in 35 years, though I still have constant post-nasal drip and am prone to sinus infections.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm going to get a nasal endoscopy to see if I need a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. My left nare has very little air, but with breathe right strips + Afrin = O m G. The rebound congestion is awful, though.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm going to get a nasal endoscopy to see if I need a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. My left nare has very little air, but with breathe right strips + Afrin = O m G. The rebound congestion is awful, though.

Any update? I'm interested in this because I struggle daily. Depending on my bloodpressure/inflammation level, one or the other side close up during sleep. 0 congestion, just a tube/vessel thing from cumulative allergic stress. structural thickening the viability of actually widening up the passages a bit to where i never have to breathe out of my mouth during sleep cycles is enticing.

Is there a risk to sense of smell for that kind of procedure? I don't know the anatomy of the nose.

edit: scrolled back and consensus seems to be "deal with it"

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Had a CT scan today. Still waiting to get the report and word from the doctor, probably tomorrow. But OMG talk about pain. I had to lay down with my arms up above my head. My shoulder. Shit that was 12 hours ago and it still hurts. I thought I was going to pass out. My left arm is the one that was nearly dead during my MS episode. Then I had a MRI tech or the nurse doing contracst try to break that arm a year or two ago.

It's amazing even with the waiting room at a major hospital in the area as few people in them now, they call you in, only two people allowed per visit, still manage to find someone 6 feet away talking on the phone trying to run a business with the volume on 11 the entire time, and sitting in a hospital waiting room eating a whole pizza when I hadn't eat anything in 6 hours. Making friends everywhere I go lol.

I don't think they are going to find anything. CT scans have changed since my last one 5 years ago or something like that. Now they have a computer talk to you and show you a symbol for holding your breath. Surprised it doens't talk in an indian (dot not feather) voice like everything else or push 1 for English.
Have you ever tried Dalfampridin? They called it in for Shelly and her legs but pharmacy hasn't been able to fill it over a week now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had an adenoidectomy at 5 due to constant ear infections. Haven't missed them in 35 years, though I still have constant post-nasal drip and am prone to sinus infections.

Every kid got banged out by these kind of infections I felt. If you could hold on, you outgrow them I guess as part of building your immunity. I got slammed as a kid was ear n throat constantly, puberty came, never had another ear or throat infection again. Seasonal colds only. no more strep or ear infections of any kind.

Borzak

Oldbased Oldbased

Nope, never have. All the medical shipping shit is getting old however. My glucose meters come fed ex once a month, I get 3. They keep getting slower and slower. They're made in CA and someone on reddit said they were shutting down for 2 weeks since someone got the virus. I got about a week ahead of them cause I had to leave my meter off to have the CT scan. Otherwise I wind up being 1-3 days short every month.

Oldbased

> Than U
Oldbased Oldbased

Nope, never have. All the medical shipping shit is getting old however. My glucose meters come fed ex once a month, I get 3. They keep getting slower and slower. They're made in CA and someone on reddit said they were shutting down for 2 weeks since someone got the virus.
She's had the same issues with that one she takes made with human cells. Can't remember name off top of my head from Fed EX has to be kept in fridge. Doesn't seem to be working anyways hence she was exploring new options and is expensive as fuck. I wouldn't say she is much worse than usual but she is pretty bad. Heat and shit don't help with MS that's for sure. She has fallen over backwards twice in the last month from where if she looks up to where normal people do when walking shit spins and down she goes. Naturally she is worried wrong time, wrong place kind of thing.

Borzak

When I took copaxone it came in a big cooler with gel pack things that were frozen. When it got to me it was still very cold. I'm not taking anything now. New diagnosis requirements for MS, I don't meet them. Long story.

Hope she gets something that will help. Yeah it's one heavy duty heat wave right now.