Health Problems

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk Glad you got it caught early and getting it treated ASAP. I'm sure it will be ok in the end.

Did my yearly blood work, my total Test was 258 at age 49. I'm pulling the trigger on TRT. Go in for my first butt pellet next week.
No idea what research/discussion you had with your Dr(s), but I found this ep very informative

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk Glad you got it caught early and getting it treated ASAP. I'm sure it will be ok in the end.

Did my yearly blood work, my total Test was 258 at age 49. I'm pulling the trigger on TRT. Go in for my first butt pellet next week.

Honestly be careful -- if I were you I would try the gel/cream first and if it works with tolerable side effects, then go for butt pellets, because once you do you're stuck with them for 3-4 months.

I did TRT for a little under a few years, first with the gel which upped my values and showed *some* improvement in energy and sex drive initially, then quickly diminished despite the higher T value. So they then tried the pellets, and even though they didn't push my values much higher than the gel, my skin turned to total fucking shit, and shot my rage/paranoia level through the roof. Even now, it's been over a year since taking any supplemental Testosterone, and my skin hasn't entirely returned to normal. The treatment basically appears to at least have semi-permanently changed the level of oil my skin gives off and changed the texture of my beard hair.

imho modofinal/vyvanse turned out better for energy/focus, and testosterone never really helped my sex drive much anyways.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hi guys. Dirk is through surgery and in recovery. Doctor said everything went perfectly, could not have gone better. Just wanted to let you all know.
mrsdirk

• 30Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 30 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Honestly be careful -- if I were you I would try the gel/cream first and if it works with tolerable side effects, then go for butt pellets, because once you do you're stuck with them for 3-4 months.

I did TRT for a little under a few years, first with the gel which upped my values and showed *some* improvement in energy and sex drive initially, then quickly diminished despite the higher T value. So they then tried the pellets, and even though they didn't push my values much higher than the gel, my skin turned to total fucking shit, and shot my rage/paranoia level through the roof. Even now, it's been over a year since taking any supplemental Testosterone, and my skin hasn't entirely returned to normal. The treatment basically appears to at least have semi-permanently changed the level of oil my skin gives off and changed the texture of my beard hair.

imho modofinal/vyvanse turned out better for energy/focus, and testosterone never really helped my sex drive much anyways.
Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing follow up blood work pretty regularly. Me and a couple buddies did a couple cycles of Gold's Gym test back in our twenties, I didn't have any bad side effects. Not worried about my sex drive at the moment, I doubt high T is going to make my old lady's fat ass look any better. Sleep, mood, motivation, and recovery are my main concerns. I still have a very physically active lifestyle and it's getting difficult to maintain that.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
45 is for people with an average risk. An immediate relative with colon cancer makes you high risk and there are many other possible risk factors.

I had precancerous polyps removed at the age of 40 with no family history.
Guess I should be calling my doctor then to schedule a colonoscopy

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
45 is for people with an average risk. An immediate relative with colon cancer makes you high risk and there are many other possible risk factors.

I had precancerous polyps removed at the age of 40 with no family history.

Man, I just thought it was a joke. I had no idea you were really buttmad.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guess I should be calling my doctor then to schedule a colonoscopy
You could always ask at your next appointment, the guidelines are very standardized. I'm going to guess your dad was pretty old when he was diagnosed. It does look like some places recommend age 40 for people with a family history, usually they say "age 40 or 10 years before the family member was diagnosed, whichever comes earlier."

I for one would get a kick out of someone calling and requesting a colonoscopy. Y'all wouldn't believe the % of people who refuse one even when they're in their 50s-60s.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I did pellet therapy for years. In my early 40's I had a test done and I had an insanely low number (like 124 or so). I did pellets for around a decade, they said the only notable potential real side effect risk was reduced fertility. Since I know I'm shooting blanks effectively that didn't matter so I told them "Let's do this right, take me up to around "T level of a 19 year old" level. And it was a glorious decade. Around the middle I noticed on top of the pellets they were recommending I also take 300mg a day of Diindolylmethane as a supplement. Around my 50th Bday I was at a point I decided to do a "hard reset" and see where my levels were. Took 6 months off all of it and my levels dropped to around 250, not as much energy, etc, and feeling a lot older. Then I just tried 600mg a day of the supplament, no pellets. Tested 4 months later, back to around 500, a little perked up. Still debating if I want to go get back on the full pellet train, as when I was on there I was in the 1500-1700 range and I'll admit it's great, but it's not covered by my insurance and I was getting annoyed spending ~$750 every 4 months. Is feeling like a 30 year old in your 50's worth $2200 a year? That's my question now. heh

The Diindolylmethane you can get on amazon, just search for "men's DIM supplement".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
You could always ask at your next appointment, the guidelines are very standardized. I'm going to guess your dad was pretty old when he was diagnosed. It does look like some places recommend age 40 for people with a family history, usually they say "age 40 or 10 years before the family member was diagnosed, whichever comes earlier."

I for one would get a kick out of someone calling and requesting a colonoscopy. Y'all wouldn't believe the % of people who refuse one even when they're in their 50s-60s.
Yeah my dad was 65 when he was diagnosed

joz123

Potato del Grande
Hi guys. Dirk is through surgery and in recovery. Doctor said everything went perfectly, could not have gone better. Just wanted to let you all know.
mrsdirk
Captain America Reaction GIF

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Dirk is out for the night, but he told me to tell you that you are all shitlords and to keep up the good work. He also said (and I don't understand this so maybe someone can translate?) that he has every poopsocker beat at the moment.

All the medication-anesthesia and all that have made him pretty nauseous all day. But he's strong and doing great.

• 7Like
  • 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up. Will be doing follow up blood work pretty regularly. Me and a couple buddies did a couple cycles of Gold's Gym test back in our twenties, I didn't have any bad side effects. Not worried about my sex drive at the moment, I doubt high T is going to make my old lady's fat ass look any better. Sleep, mood, motivation, and recovery are my main concerns. I still have a very physically active lifestyle and it's getting difficult to maintain that.

Keep a close eye on your PSA, not just your T value - both my dad and my uncle decided to supplement with testosterone, and both wound up with prostate CA. My dad said he wouldn't have taken it if he had the benefit of hindsight, but only you can decide what's most important to you.

In general, I am very reticent about taking anything that fucks with the endocrine system; I have pattern baldness, but I am sticking with off-label oral minoxidil, and if it can't stall the loss, I'd rather just lose my hair than take finasteride or dutasteride.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Keep a close eye on your PSA, not just your T value - both my dad and my uncle decided to supplement with testosterone, and both wound up with prostate CA. My dad said he wouldn't have taken it if he had the benefit of hindsight, but only you can decide what's most important to you.

In general, I am very reticent about taking anything that fucks with the endocrine system; I have pattern baldness, but I am sticking with off-label oral minoxidil, and if it can't stall the loss, I'd rather just lose my hair than take finasteride or dutasteride.
10-4. Just got it done and it was as low as it gets. I do a full panel once a year and will probably do a full cancer regimen in 6 months or so. Frenzied's link a few posts up definitely piqued my interest. Cancer is something I think about and want to do everything I can to catch it early if it ever comes a knockin'.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
He also said (and I don't understand this so maybe someone can translate?) that he has every poopsocker beat at the moment.
Sure I'd be happy to help. Your (I presume) husband is part of an internet subculture dedicated to long videogaming sessions to the point that we poop in old tube-socks in order to avoid having to leave the keyboard in order to toilet. I believe he is referring to his new (?temporary) medically-sanctioned poopsock!

Anywho, welcome to the grown up section of the forum!

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sure I'd be happy to help. Your (I presume) husband is part of an internet subculture dedicated to long videogaming sessions to the point that we poop in old tube-socks in order to avoid having to leave the keyboard in order to toilet. I believe he is referring to his new (?temporary) medically-sanctioned poopsock!

Anywho, welcome to the grown up section of the forum!

Oh my god. Tell me that's not a real thing?

If it is, he definitely has you beat with his temporary medically sanctioned poopsock.

I think I should reconsider associating with this forum. I was actually considering making my own account.

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Oh my god. Tell me that's not a real thing?

If it is, he definitely has you beat with his temporary medically sanctioned poopsock.

I think I should reconsider associating with this forum. I was actually considering making my own account.
Lol. It's just a derogatory term nerd gamers throw at each other. No one here actually poops in a sock.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users