Health Problems

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I dunno, it isn't an issue for me.
Found Footage Pain GIF by Eternal Family

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about a catheter to avoid getting up to take a piss x times?
Sorely tempting. I was so far behind on sleep last week that i had a wild couple days of parasomnia topped off with some narcolepsy that powered through 30mg of adderall and a pepsi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sorely tempting. I was so far behind on sleep last week that i had a wild couple days of parasomnia topped off with some narcolepsy that powered through 30mg of adderall and a pepsi.
Seriously take a look at that Sleep toolkit link I posted above. If your schedule allows I’ve found the morning sunlight via a 5 minute brisk walk as well as holding off on caffeine for 1.5hrs after waking up to help at least with energy through the day. Also try to avoid caffeine after 3 pm.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously take a look at that Sleep toolkit link I posted above. If your schedule allows I’ve found the morning sunlight via a 5 minute brisk walk as well as holding off on caffeine for 1.5hrs after waking up to help at least with energy through the day. Also try to avoid caffeine after 3 pm.
My average daily caffeine consumption is zero which is why it was rather surprising that the pepsi wasn't enough of a pick-me-up. I finally signed my lard ass up at the gym, just need to start getting some basic cardio.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So wife hospitalized for a spider bite. All the redness etc she started peeling like a sunburn. Was feeling better, redness fading. Took a shower and bam no sleep all night back to itchy and hot all night, almost like her pores were leaking toxin that reactivated like pepper spray. So spent an extra day or two coming home now.

We still think she's maybe still allergic to one of the meds on top of the bite, still hard getting wound care appointment, that's my big question when it's time to go in with the grapefruit spoon and dig out chunks of dead stuff yet. Doesn't seem wise to just let it sit dead waiting to fester.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So wife hospitalized for a spider bite. All the redness etc she started peeling like a sunburn. Was feeling better, redness fading. Took a shower and bam no sleep all night back to itchy and hot all night, almost like her pores were leaking toxin that reactivated like pepper spray. So spent an extra day or two coming home now.

We still think she's maybe still allergic to one of the meds on top of the bite, still hard getting wound care appointment, that's my big question when it's time to go in with the grapefruit spoon and dig out chunks of dead stuff yet. Doesn't seem wise to just let it sit dead waiting to fester.
please update, seems weird to me too almost too casual(on their part , spouse and you seem to be all over it).
Almost like: Hey here is this this person that looks like a special effects on a horror movie.....let's just wait.

Sludig

please update, seems weird to me too almost too casual(on their part , spouse and you seem to be all over it).
Almost like: Hey here is this this person that looks like a special effects on a horror movie.....let's just wait.
Well at this point they are calling it a side of skin infection. She released today. They wanted to keep her but she wanted to get back to work. Not sure if you remember the earlier posts, this was kinda a follow up.

Probably a mistake, she came home crying the 115 degree heat index/sun was making her hurt all over and she ran to walmart for more slinky clothes to not rub and meds etc. SHe was an hour away in Tulsa so she drove herself as otherwise we'd still have a vehicle stuck there = 4 hours at least of driving vs her sacking up and coming home, but she's worse than when I saw her in the room the day before.

That and I was too tired to drive safe, was falling asleep watching stuff after an overnight shift, had to stay up to take delivery of 40 bales of hay and stack them (great for my back) and then was waiting for her to get home.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well at this point they are calling it a side of skin infection. She released today. They wanted to keep her but she wanted to get back to work. Not sure if you remember the earlier posts, this was kinda a follow up.

Probably a mistake, she came home crying the 115 degree heat index/sun was making her hurt all over and she ran to walmart for more slinky clothes to not rub and meds etc. SHe was an hour away in Tulsa so she drove herself as otherwise we'd still have a vehicle stuck there = 4 hours at least of driving vs her sacking up and coming home, but she's worse than when I saw her in the room the day before.

That and I was too tired to drive safe, was falling asleep watching stuff after an overnight shift, had to stay up to take delivery of 40 bales of hay and stack them (great for my back) and then was waiting for her to get home.
I can only imagine how heat / clingy clothes would make that feel terrible, hell the pictures make me ache!

This whole getting old shit is for the birds.

Sludig

So think I'm going to hold off on my disc replacement. I'm better enough that the pain at work is mild enough and I slung 40 square bales of hay into a nice stack alright without issue. I'd maybe still get it done, but wife should be pretty soon be getting a big raise hopefully, then in 2 years or so when she finishes masters another. Basically waiting for one or both would mean we are a little more secure if the worst happens and I'm basically an invalid afterwords we are good. Could float a few years on savings easy, should have Long term disability for first year, and I'd hope qualify for social security disability if it's like mega fucked.

But as long as I'm not in substantial pain I dont see a reason to rush and risk the health I do have.

• 1Solidarity

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
/soapbox on

The treatment for my head is 42 doses of radiation, along with chemo. The chemo was decided to be a tablet I take by mouth at home. This is all the same company , in 2 different locations.
Location 1 , where they do the radiation, is closest to my house (only an hour) , I have been there twice, one for the initial consultation , and back again to have my face template/mask made so the radiation hits the correct spot.
Location 2, where the 'main' oncologist is located, is an hour and a half away. They are the ones that decided I can do the tablet chemo, what type and sent the order. They asked me when radiation was going to start. When I asked her why she was asking me instead of her coworker, she texted the guy and then I found out they never sent this shit to the insurance for approval. I've been there twice and they sent it on 8/15. The tumor was removed 6/26. Guess I'm lucky this is one of the 'good' types of tumors and not life threatening. My wife doesn't understand why I'm so mad about it.

Now weirdly, the chemo tablet will be in my hands tomorrow , they overnighted it to me. 21 day supply for $167 with insurance. We already know american healthcare is a disgrace but wow. Anyway that's my soapbox for the day.
update to myself.

Called today since it had been a week. Still in review by insurance. Was told it can take 5-15 days even expedited. I told the insurance 'advocate' thank you and I'd go lay in a ditch and die until they could make a decision. I'm seriously glad it's not the bad kind. Wow.

When this does all get approved , and I do get to see the asshat doctor, I am going to PERSONALLY thank his stupid ass for waiting so long to submit. This is also one of those hospitals that want you to 'rate' them all the time. I'll make sure to do that as well (after I'm treated , not going to fuck myself more than they have)!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
update to myself.

Called today since it had been a week. Still in review by insurance. Was told it can take 5-15 days even expedited. I told the insurance 'advocate' thank you and I'd go lay in a ditch and die until they could make a decision. I'm seriously glad it's not the bad kind. Wow.

When this does all get approved , and I do get to see the asshat doctor, I am going to PERSONALLY thank his stupid ass for waiting so long to submit. This is also one of those hospitals that want you to 'rate' them all the time. I'll make sure to do that as well (after I'm treated , not going to fuck myself more than they have)!
Update to the update to myself

Finally got approval , zap zap zap starting 8/29 for 42 days. I'll be glad to be on the other side of this shit already!

• 2Like
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
4th colonoscopy today, I'm 40. Both parents had colon cancer, 37 mom and 51 dad (dead at 61 from said cancer). They found one 3mm polyp; off to pathology and should know if it's pre-cancerous in a week. Doc suspected it would come back positive given history and his view of it.

Doc mentioned that he is starting to see men under 45 getting tested more often, which is leading to an increase in early detection of colorectal cancers. His opinion is this is a good thing, and men are going to be able to survive it better going forward if the trend continues.

Tldr: get your butts checked early, may save your life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
4th colonoscopy today, I'm 40. Both parents had colon cancer, 37 mom and 51 dad (dead at 61 from said cancer). They found one 3mm polyp; off to pathology and should know if it's pre-cancerous in a week. Doc suspected it would come back positive given history and his view of it.

Doc mentioned that he is starting to see men under 45 getting tested more often, which is leading to an increase in early detection of colorectal cancers. His opinion is this is a good thing, and men are going to be able to survive it better going forward if the trend continues.

Tldr: get your butts checked early, may save your life.
53 here , I've had 3 myself. 1st one in late 40's due to stomach issues.
The idea of a camera up your butt is crazy / fuck that / etc
The reality of it is it's not a big deal at all, the prep sucks but the actual test you are not awake for.
And it can save your life.

Best of luck brah.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
update to myself.

From the insurance side, it's an availability issue. For most kinds of cases that require prior authorization, a nurse at least summarizes clinical on the request and makes an attempt to approve it with guidelines without it going to a doctor. Even for something like a high-dollar hospital admission, pretty much any kind of MD (internal med, family practice, infectious disease, whatever) is allowed to review. Radiation oncology is a super specialized area; typically the only people allowed to touch/review those kinds of cases are radiation oncologists (not even standard oncologists.)

At my organization, for a RadOnc request, all I do is make sure there is clinical on the case, package it into a PDF, and then ship it off to a third-party firm that specializes in it. Often they ask for extensions because even they can't find anyone to review it in the quoted timeframes.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
53 here , I've had 3 myself. 1st one in late 40's due to stomach issues.
The idea of a camera up your butt is crazy / fuck that / etc
The reality of it is it's not a big deal at all, the prep sucks but the actual test you are not awake for.
And it can save your life.

Best of luck brah.

• 1Like