Health Problems

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
a_skeleton_03:

I believe you have an imbalanced gut flora, namely the overgrowth of Candida albicans.http://www.drellenkahn.com/uploads/C...s_Syndrome.pdf

easy way to check? eat about 3 cloves of garlic and tell me what happens. Garlic is a powerful antifungal and will kill a lot of the candida, they will then release their toxins and make you feel like shit (headaches, lethargy, fatigue, gas, alternating constipation/D).

Garlic won't cure it but scrips might, and lifestyle eating habit changes. This is usually caused by prolonged antibiotic use in otherwise healthy people.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The symptom list associated with that disorder is highly amusing.

-Are you human?
-Are you alive?
-Do you breath: air?

You might have Chronic Candidiasis Syndrome.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So nothing resolved here but some odd things have happened.

I had some lower left gut pain not quite at the level of my appendix pain before it was removed. I had ignored the appenix pain multiple times and it was quite dangerous on the last time. This time I took it more seriously. They thought it was a bladder infection and made me piss. They then heard that I shit blood on a regular basis and decided colonoscopy was a good idea so they scheduled one. The doctor did a quick ultrasound to check and make sure everything was in the right place before he shoved the camera up my ass.

He found a few tumors in my spleen. They did a CT scan and found some swollen lymph nodes as well. The colonoscopy was clean. The endoscopy showed a very small amount of h. pylori in my gut so I did antibiotics for that.

I am waiting to hear back from urology/oncology on the military base instead of the German doctors who aren't understanding me and are hard to understand and want to cut me open ASAP.

We of course aren't sure it's malignant until we yank something out. I am good with it all. Known about it for a month now so have just been a little distracted because of it but "thumbs high".

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Like someone else said, I'd make getting a Testosterone test a priority. Its a simple blood test, and you'll get results within the week. Had similar symptoms last year, had a testosterone test and it turns out it was extraordinarily low for someone my age (266). Not sure how/why it got so low - think I was working out too much, but with therapy is risen back to normal levels and I feel a trillion times better. You'll be lucky/grateful if that is all it is. Feeling unwell blows.
I'm in the same boat. Was always tired, slept like shit, apathetic about everything, and had zero sex drive. Seriously you could put a supermodel in front of me that was DTF and all I'd be thinking about was whether she gave a good back scratch. Went to see a Urologist and my testosterone was 312 (I'm 40 years old). He said my options were to a) suffer or b) go on Androgel (for life) and be rendered infertile (possibly permanently). Not to mention you already see ambulance chaser commercials on TV asking you to call if you've had a heart attack due to testosterone therapy-- not exactly encouraging. I didn't feel like I had a choice, as my gf was at wit's end over the fact that I never want to screw, so I had him write me the prescription so I could try it out. Well, for the first month or so I felt like a million bucks. Tiredness went away within a few days, and within a week I had 18 year old wood and felt like a horny teen again. Within a few weeks I had so much energy I was actually looking forward to going to the gym for the first time in years.. About the only negative is that it turned me into some loud smart-ass 23 year old version of my current self. In any case, after a month or so the effect dwindled and despite still having decent energy, sex drive disappeared again. Decided to go see an endocrinologist instead, and he prescribed me Axiron, which hasn't proven any better than Androgel did at the one month point, however it did give me the worst case of back zits I've ever had since I was maybe 20 or so. Get my levels tested in a week and see him in two to discuss, but I'd really love to recapture the feeling of that first month.. Situation just sucks because I was hoping to have a kid one day, and from what I can tell that's not going to be a likely option if I continue down this path.

I was getting basic testosterone injections twice a week (at the doctors office) until the levels returned to normal. Wasn't terribly painful and seemed effective. No coincidence that while on the therapy, my workouts were twice as effective. You will also have to go through some post-cycle therapy to keep estrogen levels down (no bitch tits!). Its worth pursuing, as I feel a ton better. Good luck.
You kind of imply here that you were on it, and once you got to the appropriate levels you stopped. I was under the impression that the treatment is for life, and that if you stop your levels will go back to what they were, or even lower. Is/was this not the case for you?

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To Frenzied:
It really depends on what is causing your low testosterone levels.
Rarely its just an imbalance caused by whatever life changing trauma. Most of the time its "male midlife crisis" syndrome and if treated early the testosterone gel therapy sometimes is enough to get your balls back on track and produce the normal testosterone rate once again. If not, its a life long therapy basically similar to the anti baby pills popping the girls do.
Gel therapy recommends to get your t. levels checked on regular basis (think every 2-4 weeks with gel for the first 6 month) till you get enough data to basically make a chart.
If the gel application isnt for you keep in mind theres also injections out there, 1 month or 3 month for life time therapy, they are also applied to dudes who arent producing any testosterone (eg. balls cut off) and are usually only recommend after kickstarting failed or will never happen, since a too high testosterone level can lead to serious sideeffects, your back zits you described could be one of them but more often balls shrinking to cherry seed size or going borderline rapist mad.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lymphoma 100% confirmed, what strain they still don't know because it's not a common one, most likely B-cell they thinnk, going to move back to San Diego for treatment.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Shit man sorry to hear. How early on is it? Does it look like you'll need surgery and chemo or is it too early to tell?
Still unsure, they took about 15 tumors out which they used for pathology.

I am in Germany and no way in hell am I going to do treatment here. When I get back to San Diego I will find an oncologist and start over with them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just curious why you don't want to do treatment in Germany. Is it Germany itself, or that your extended family isn't there?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just curious why you don't want to do treatment in Germany. Is it Germany itself, or that your extended family isn't there?
Main thing is job and insurance.

Right now my job pays extra money for rent over here because I couldn't afford to live here if they didn't. I don't have enough sick leave for 6 or more months of chemo and can't afford to live here without that extra money which I won't get if I am not in a paid status.

Insurance for me over here requires me to pay 100% of all costs up front, file a claim, they then reimburse what they feel like. It is never 100%. I can't afford to do chemo like that cash up front.

Family is big also but those two previous things would bankrupt me instantly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry to hear dude.

The plus side is there is a clearly documented way to pay for chemo if you watch a documentary I saw called Breaking Bad.

On the serious hope it works out.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Fuck that's nuts man, so sorry to hear. You're like the 3rd person I've heard of in the last few months that has gotten Lymphoma, all under the age of 45. Seriously Fuck Cancer. Since my mom died of it I've basically become a Cancer-Phobe and interpret every symptom as cancer. Have they staged your cancer yet?

What's weird is that going back to your initial post, you list a lot of your symptoms going back years. Do they think you've had slowly progressing cancer all this time or were there new symptoms?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sorry man, hope it works out. I thought I had a bad year health wise.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fuck that's nuts man, so sorry to hear. You're like the 3rd person I've heard of in the last few months that has gotten Lymphoma, all under the age of 45. Seriously Fuck Cancer. Since my mom died of it I've basically become a Cancer-Phobe and interpret every symptom as cancer. Have they staged your cancer yet?

What's weird is that going back to your initial post, you list a lot of your symptoms going back years. Do they think you've had slowly progressing cancer all this time or were there new symptoms?
Funny thing is all the 'symptoms' are just nothing at this point. They have nothing to do with the cancer and this was a freak accident that we found it.

I was going in for a colonoscopy for the rectal bleeding. The doc said lets do an ultrasound to make sure all your parts are in the right areas and saw tumors in my spleen. Two CT scans later I had infected lymph nodes in my bladder, one a bit higher in my abdomen, and like 10-20 in my right armpit.

They took out as much of the armpit ones as they could and biopsied them. Ten days later still no for sure answer on the classification. I see a hema oncologist on Thursday. He will stage it but since it's on both sides of the diaphragm for lymphoma that means stage 3 which isn't as scary as some of the other cancers. What we need to find out is how aggressive it is.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Best of luck man, sorry to hear.
frown.png