Health Problems

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Turned 40 late last year. So...we can take pictures of Pluto but our brainiacs can't solve the 4 fucking inches between my culo and prostate without someone violating me with their finger? Hasn't happened yet. But it's coming... If any of you have been through it, some comforting words would go a short ways.
been poked and prodded a lot since i started having my health issues. the prostate exam was definitely uncomfortable, but its over really quickly. i'd rather have another prostate exam than have my balls ultrasounded again -- one of the most awkward hours of my life.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanks. I appreciate the honest replies. Im being an absolute pussy, nothing more or less. I read the real problems some of you guys have and know there's not much excuse for phobias or my bullshit. My solution in a perfect world would be for my wife to inject me or knock me the fuck out while I'm asleep in bed and wake up with all this accomplished.

I just need to suck it up. I hear stories about people waking up or remembering every second of being under during General and being a control freak, all this just adds up to a binary decision. Get my ass down there or die eventually from complications on a minor injury. And I'm such a dumbfuck I'll keep finding ways to rationalize how something that can not heal itself is somehow getting better.

I don't want to be a whiny little bitch about my nutsack so Ill post again down the road when I have the tests run and a surgery date set. I really appreciate the thread though, I can't really relate or empathize with Patientfucktard on Mayoclinic but when I read the stories here it makes it a lot easier.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Waking up during general surgery is *very* rare. There are three reasons why people may remember/wake up during general:

1) They didn't give you Versed
2) You were an idiot and decided to eat <24 hours before the surgery, thus changing the amount of medication needed to knock you out.
3) The anesthesiologist was not paying any attention to you at all during the surgery (even rarer as this is a huge malpractice lawsuit).

Postop: You have two types of patients, the type that is lazy and doesn't do their exercises (thus gets atelactasis, DVT, etc) and then the one who actually do.

Follow the instructions and you'll be fine my brutha.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Waking up during general surgery is *very* rare. There are three reasons why people may remember/wake up during general:

1) They didn't give you Versed
2) You were an idiot and decided to eat <24 hours before the surgery, thus changing the amount of medication needed to knock you out.
3) The anesthesiologist was not paying any attention to you at all during the surgery (even rarer as this is a huge malpractice lawsuit).

Postop: You have two types of patients, the type that is lazy and doesn't do their exercises (thus gets atelactasis, DVT, etc) and then the one who actually do.

Follow the instructions and you'll be fine my brutha.
This is exactly the shit I'm looking for. Thank you. I always assumed eating had to do more with shitting yourself. And had never heard of versed but will now know to demand it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The no eating part of the rules is also to prevent you from vomiting and possibly choking on your own vomit. Some pain meds can make you feel nauseous. It isn't fun being in pain and puking from your pain meds. Not fun at all.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
G. had administered to him for any of his numerous cardioversion or other time-limited procedures one of the following:
Versed
Versed plus Fentanyl
Propafol
He was most entertaining on the Versed Fentanyl combo, but he recovered more quickly from the propafol. His O2 sats were low with the Versed Fentanyl, he required a larger dose for full sedation. The Versed worked ok for sedating and because it limits memory of the procedure but not so much for any post- procedure pain.
The first cardioversion, he was so seemingly lucid after the Versed with the nurses, he thought he could talk me into letting him drive. His playing with his own nipples and flicking his tongue at me gave him away.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn dude whenever I read your stuff I can only thank the creator that I don't have that stuff, don't know how you handle it but good luck man.

Again, one day we will have a beer - or a soda, or a girly drink.
Practice. Lots of shitty practice. That's how I handle it.
I sat on this reply for a while because this is actually something I've been working on with my therapist (that's also how I handle it :p) and our topic lately has been exactly this. How the hell am I even coping with 20 years of constant sickness. I don't think I've gone more than a year or two without SOMETHING needing treatment. Pretty much all my friends and family are all like OMG you're so strong, I don't know how you do it, you're such an inspiration, yadda, yadda.
I appreciate the kind words but if they only knew about the sleepless nights where I stay up beyond exhaustion because lying down to go to sleep feels like lying down to die. Or thoughts stuck in my head like hrm I wonder if today was my last good day. What's growing in me now that I can't detect yet? Fuck is this headache a tumor? Hint: it's generally notta tumuh.
Some of the worst shit is thinking back to 2002 when I was on my death bed in the hospital. Looking outside thinking I'll never feel the sun on my skin again or never breathe a breath of fresh air. I'm passed that. My life isn't hanging in the balance but that shit was scary and it's still terrifying. It kind of puts everything else into perspective and makes non life threatening shit just not that bad.
It's no secret I have my medical card and I gotta say I haven't slept as good I as have since I started using over a year ago. I'm able to go to bed earlier, sleep better, and wake up earlier. I'm not constantly bombarded by shitty thoughts at night and I can actually RELAX.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It's no secret I have my medical card and I gotta say I haven't slept as good I as have since I started using over a year ago. I'm able to go to bed earlier, sleep better, and wake up earlier. I'm not constantly bombarded by shitty thoughts at night and I can actually RELAX.
I just wanted to add to this part. I have very little experience with pain meds but I've now gone through a number of different pain management meds in dealing with my shoulder. Here is all of what I was given:
Nitrous Oxide- This was just to help get my shirt off at the ski area so the hospital wouldn't cut it off and ruin it.
Morphine- I was given a 3mg dose about 1 hour after the accident and another 3mg dose about an hour after that for the very bumpy ambulance ride
Codeine (Tylenol #3)
Oxycodone (Percocet)
Then on my own I picked up a THC extract thanks to WA having legalized marijuana.

I have not been combining/stacking any of these drugs only one dose/pill of one drug at a time, although I won't deny combining all of them with alcohol at one point or another. So far the THC extract has easily been the best drug I've taken for pain management. Now granted there might have been more pain that needed managing while using the morphine since it was so close to the accident and the NOS was only meant as a quick stop-gap, but compared to the pills THC wins hands down. I'm sure the THC is way gentler on my body than the Rx meds as well. Not like I'm just getting blazed out of my mind either, I've been taking just one 10mg dose which is the WA recommended dose so I'm sure it is the equivalent of them recommending one lite beer for alcohol consumption. Just like Tred said above in addition to managing my pain is really makes me much more relaxed which helps with sleeping much better than the pills as well as the other discomforts that come with being in a sling (neck/back/other shoulder) and from having to sleep on my back for the first time in my life.

Makes me want to rage against the pharmaceutical industry and any other nitwit fighting to keep marijuana illegal.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
That is some heavy shit man
It's my excuse to get high.
wink.png

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, after finally getting a CT scan done for my abdominal pain back on Jan 22, it showed I have Kidney stones. 1 was moving through my ureter and has already passed by now, 5 in my left Kidney and 1 in my right kidney. Most are 3mm with 1 or 2 up around 5mm. Pretty small and non-obstructive but definitely there.

Got a referral to a Urologist and saw him today. Basically says "Yeah, they are too small to be causing your aching, they are small enough that they should pass on their own after a while."
So now its back to the drawing board. Got the primary docotor office to get a referral and send the info/scans they have over to a GI doctor. The Ct scan didnt show anything, but I'm hoping the GI docs will see something that the radiologist may have overlooked, not sure what else it could be.

Just frustrating to still have pain and not know why.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Colonoscopy this morning. Prep was quite easy this time. I chose blue Gatorade and at this point I am just pissing straight blue out of my ass.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
woke up yesterday in horrible pain. went to the ER, the ER doctor accused me of faking the pain. even called my primary care physician to tell him he thought i was shady. nevermind the fact that my left testicle is the size of a fucking lemon due to stage 2 or 3 testicular cancer. so pissed off. and in pain.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Surgery went as planned. Two fistula butt plugs placed. Follow up in three weeks. This shit better work!

PS. This snow can eat a dick. Seriously? It couldn't wait one day? Jerk.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Colonoscopy this morning. Prep was quite easy this time. I chose blue Gatorade and at this point I am just pissing straight blue out of my ass.
I had my first one about a month ago, but didn't choose blue because they specifically said no red/purple and I thought blue might be risking it. Ended up going for yellow citrus. Did you also have to do the Miralax mix or was it a different laxative?

I think the worst part of the process besides waking up constantly all night to paint the toilet was even the next morning a few hours before my exam my ass was still acting like a geyser. Driving to the hospital I was terrified I'd spray anal Gatorade all over my car.

In any case, colonoscopy came back totally unremarkable. They did it because I had two diverticulitis attacks in the last year, however the diverticuli they did find were so small and few, they kind of mystified why I even show any symptoms.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This is amazing. Pharmacy can't fill my pain pills because something is wrong with the script. Now I have to try and get ahold of my fucking doctor in time to get this shit fixed. This is the goddamn doctor that took a week to get my pain pill refill a few months ago. I am not hopeful.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had my first one about a month ago, but didn't choose blue because they specifically said no red/purple and I thought blue might be risking it. Ended up going for yellow citrus. Did you also have to do the Miralax mix or was it a different laxative?

I think the worst part of the process besides waking up constantly all night to paint the toilet was even the next morning a few hours before my exam my ass was still acting like a geyser. Driving to the hospital I was terrified I'd spray anal Gatorade all over my car.

In any case, colonoscopy came back totally unremarkable. They did it because I had two diverticulitis attacks in the last year, however the diverticuli they did find were so small and few, they kind of mystified why I even show any symptoms.
Grats on clean colonoscopy. Mine came back with the doctor saying I had a long hemorrhoid as big around as his pinky. Just change my diet up a bit and gave me some suppositories.

I did Miralax this time. The last two times was Golytely which is the absolute worst, feels like you must be guzzling semen it is so thick and salty. I don't eat much the day prior so it cleanses me out quick and I just piss water out of my ass for a while afterwards. I didn't wake up needing to and I went twice the morning of, once before leaving the house and once there before the procedure. This was my third and the easiest.