Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have tingling in my hands 24/7 since the ADEM. Not anywhere else tho but it's constant there.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
One of our friend's had a severe reaction to a vaccine (not Guillain Barre, but still debilitating) to the point that she had to stop practicing as a physician. Her peripheral neuropathy is so bad. ;\ I can't imagine what that would be like nonstop.

Borzak

Umm that's the whole story.

It's left over parathesis in my hands from either the ADEM or MS. Nobody knows. It's not really tingling as much as it feels the skin is tight.

But the symptoms I have had in the last 2 years don't fit into either category.

Problems have accelerated very fast since I stopped taking the neurontin. I did a taper, but readying some people had withdrawal issues for a long time after taking it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the PA says that it's still just the same irritated mucosa that is just coincidentally located over the septal deflection and the swelling makes it seem like it's much larger than it is. He even had another PA come look (although I didn't ask for a second opinion) and she said the same thing. He did give me a prescription for mupirocin ointment to use for a couple weeks so it heals better.

I think the important thing was last time I left under the impression that the deflection was part of the problem, and this time it was made clear that the problem just happens to be right where the deflection is.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been about a year wearing glasses now. Definitely picked wrong frames for my head so went back today and just did the contact exam too. It's weird looking in the mirror and not looking like a dork. I think the frame left permanent indents in the bridge of my nose.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I am far too lazy for contacts. I tried them out when I was younger and what a hassle. Plus I kept trying to push my frames up my nose even when I didn't have glasses on. What a stupid habit. lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I'm pretty lazy, but the frames were squishing my humongous head and nose. Left big indents in my nose and some around my ears. I'm buying new glasses for my lazy days but figured I should get contacts too. I'm a fuckin wuss at putting them in and out too.

Borzak

Went to the cardiologist last week. Same stuff, blood test, ekg, echo, and a holter monitor. He prescribed some weak blood pressure medicine that would lower my heart rate and it has some. He suggested taking a baby aspirin a day.

Went to pharmacist to pick up blood pressure medicine, had a prescription for baby aspirin. That was a new one on me. Suprised the small town pharmacy had it. I looked at them to see if it said Bayer on it, didn't lol.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Lol prescription for aspirin.. I remember when I was a kid aspirin was the pain killer of choice and I used to eat them like candy if I had a headache. Now you need a "doctor's recommendation" before taking aspirin..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My blood glucose numbers went back up. Dr. is taking me off Glimepiride and putting me on Duetect or something (has glimepiride in it).

Kind of disheartening because my sugar went way down from 300 to 140ish, but started creeping back up to 200 even though I've been eating a lot better (no sodas, minimal fast food, no bread, lot of chicken and salads). I'm working out now too, so hopefully it stays down.

Borzak

Lol prescription for aspirin.. I remember when I was a kid aspirin was the pain killer of choice and I used to eat them like candy if I had a headache. Now you need a "doctor's recommendation" before taking aspirin..
I already had a bottle. Didn't notice till I got home. No price on it, can't imagine how much the pharmacy charges for prescription aspirin compared to a regular bottole.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
That's because they don't want kids to get Reye's Syndrome. ;-p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
stuff like aspirin that is available over-the-counter is also available through the pharmacy via prescription for ease of of payment via insurance/medicare/medicaid.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They also give out prescriptions for Aspirin because by it being aprescription, they are more likely to get the medication.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
They also give out prescriptions for Aspirin because by it being aprescription, they are more likely to get the medication.
That's so counterintuitive. Run into CVS and buy a bottle of Bayer OTC in under two minutes, or queue up at the pharmacy counter and wait 15-30 minutes for your aspirin prescription to be filled. I've totally procrastinated filling prescriptions because pharmacies universally seem to have a policy of making you wait for no good reason. I've gone in before, and nobody is waiting, and have still been told "15 minutes" just to count out some fucking pills.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think he means people who wouldn't pay much attention to a doctor's order to take aspirin are more likely to heed it if you actually make it a prescription.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I think he means people who wouldn't pay much attention to a doctor's order to take aspirin are more likely to heed it if you actually make it a prescription.
Shrug I guess that psychology works on mongoloids that have no clue what aspirin is, but if my doc handed me a script for aspirin the first thing out of my mouth would be "why the fuck do I need a prescription for this, they've been selling it OTC since 1899". I guess I can see the insurance angle, but my minimum co-pay on meds is $5.00, which is about what a bottle of Aspirin goes for..

Borzak

That's so counterintuitive. Run into CVS and buy a bottle of Bayer OTC in under two minutes, or queue up at the pharmacy counter and wait 15-30 minutes for your aspirin prescription to be filled. I've totally procrastinated filling prescriptions because pharmacies universally seem to have a policy of making you wait for no good reason. I've gone in before, and nobody is waiting, and have still been told "15 minutes" just to count out some fucking pills.
Lucklily my pharmacy normally has only me as a customer in it. Small town and I'm guessing they are the most expensive. I have yet to see a price on anything I've bought there so I dunno. Non prescription stuff I'll buy at CVS, Rite Aid or Walgreens but with a prescription why go thru the hassle. Walk in and walk out in 1 minute.