Health Problems

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
His blood work came back and the only thing he was allergic to was pine pollen. He's pretty shit out of luck there since he lives on basically a longleaf pine plantation and you can't walk more than 5 feet in this state without running into a pine plantation.

I went to a new internist yesterday. Sat down and talked for about 3 hours. Went thru all kinds of stuff. More blood work and a scheduled sonogram of my abdomen. Then he did his run of the mill questions "Ever feel like killing yourself" and such. I said no, felt like killing a few doctors. After I gave him some expamples he said "I would too". He asked how my memory was. I said "I can give you the date and time of every doctor apppointment I've had in the last 2-1/2 years. Close enough I guess lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Question about hipaa stuff. We were in the ER last night and my aunts husband saw us, he's a trauma surgeon. He immediately asked me wife what she was in for which was super uncomfortable, but he ended up finding out anyways. He told my mother, that's a clear violation right? I know it's family but we didn't want to tell anyone she was pregnant and certainly didn't want anyone to know she miscarried

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It's a HIPAA violation and he can either be suspended for it or outright fired. If I were you, I would notify the MD director and a lawyer. When we begin orientation, we are told that, "If they are not our patient, we do NOT look at records."

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It certainly is a clear violation. If it were me I'd take it up with him personally and not fuck up his career or my family over it.

If you go nuclear, which you certainly can do and report him, just realize you are going to be writing off whatever relationship you have with him and anyone close to him. He shouldn't of told anyone about it, certainly true. Just realize that just because you're in the right about having the ability / right to report him doesn't mean there wouldn't be repercussions. He will know where it comes from and I'd imagine most families would have two clear groups that would appreciate your situation or think you over reacted.

Just something to keep in mind as the report will put him through quite some shit and that will get around.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Question about hipaa stuff. We were in the ER last night and my aunts husband saw us, he's a trauma surgeon. He immediately asked me wife what she was in for which was super uncomfortable, but he ended up finding out anyways. He told my mother, that's a clear violation right? I know it's family but we didn't want to tell anyone she was pregnant and certainly didn't want anyone to know she miscarried
Ouch sorry man. But do you mean he found out from her or like she said "oh just not feeling well" so he went and pulled the admit info/records and tattled to your mother? If the second, what the actual fuck.

I'd go scorched earth but I have no tolerance for fools.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Starting to lose my brain. Checking a drawing today for my dad and I missed something so simple it's below level 101. Missed the gauge of a 3" angle which I've done literally a million times in the last 25 years. Worried.

iannis

Musty Nester
He went into the records is what it sounded like.
Honestly, he probably just asked.

Personally I would call him an semi politely tell him that he fucked up, how he fucked up, and what a fuck up he is. I wouldn't go to administration with it. He was being a fucking busybody and invading a privacy he had no claim to... But it is familial. And honestly? The only person that would get grief from a complaint is her nurse.

I would tell him that if he ever has the damn gall to pull this bullshit again he'd be looking at more than an irate phone call from an aggrieved cousin.

iannis

Musty Nester
Starting to lose my brain. Checking a drawing today for my dad and I missed something so simple it's below level 101. Missed the gauge of a 3" angle which I've done literally a million times in the last 25 years. Worried.
Don't be yet. When you miss it for a week in a row and don't notice that's where the trouble is. Sometimes little mistakes are just little mistakes, simple not sinister.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone been through a mal practice case? msg me i got some shit going on now i could use a little advice for, mostly dealing with the ER / hospital staff.

I talked to a few attorneys and well so far they have told me something bad needs to happen to me as a result of the miscare i got, and im going to follow up with this more or less they made my crohn's worse due to the mistreatment and neglect for my care, was more or less attacked by the doctor calling me a liar, denying that i have this disease and pain etc, long long story that im tired of explaining its been going on for a week now ive been in an out of the hospital.

Im not looking for a giant case for money, i just want something to happen im not after money, im just trying to defend myself and not end up needing another surgery again due to misdiagnosis and neglect.

Also maybe someone could answer this, is a emergency room doctor allowed to call up my pharmacy and ask what kind of meds my parents/sister are prescribed? because thats what they did and came back into the room telling me im a liar and im drug seeking because my mom and sister are in pain management, i have never been, i also dont think the pharmacy should have given out that information, MINE? yes but not the other members in my family, ive never been treated like this, and ive been dealing with this disease now for over 17 years.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I can't help you with the first one because you did not give any type of information aside from "neglect".

In regards to the second part and the pharmacist: Yeah...both the pharmacist and doctor did a no no there. That's unfortunately another HIPAA violation.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How'd the Dr know who your family was or what pharmacy they used?

Not exactly doubting you, but sounds crazy that a Dr would not only do that but admit to multiple hipaa violations.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
A lot of families use the same pharmacy if they live together / near each other. But, knowing about their history is definitely a little peculiar, rofl.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is a very strange question, one that I'm not sure anyone can answer.

For several months now I've had a pimple on my neck, actually it is rather painful and I was sure it was an ingrown hair. I let "it" grow out a bit and noticed it was a hard, white, thick piece of hair in contrast with my black neck hairs. I decided to use some tweezers and pull on it, it came out pretty far and I accidentally plucked it from my face. It was several centimeters long, really thick, white like I said, but it was almost like a cluster of white hairs (split ends, etc.). Today my pimple finally feels deflated and doesn't hurt. I put alcohol in the wound just in case (i have a severe fear of boils, lol).

Any idea what the fuck this could've been?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
How'd the Dr know who your family was or what pharmacy they used?

Not exactly doubting you, but sounds crazy that a Dr would not only do that but admit to multiple hipaa violations.
If I had to guess, they are probably frequent fliers at the ER looking for scripts and the rest is hearsay.

People would be amazed at the shit that happens in ER's.