Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree whole heartedly. I would never have an elective surgery done. Too much shit can go wrong and like hon said, it ain’t remoter perfect. And always get multiple opinions if you are doing something elective. Too often a surgeon steers you towards what *they* can do, not what’s best for you.
I’ve never met an ophthalmologist who went for LASIK... all those fuckers still wear glasses lol

I’ve also always found it weird that the burden for approval for medical devices and procedures seems a lot less stringent than for medications, but I may just be imagining things.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My turbinates are huge and obstruct my sinus depending how inflamed they are that day, but I refuse to get sinus surgery to trim them. I know some guys here had good experiences but I just dislike medical intervention unless its live-saving after some bad experiences in 2014 with skin related health problems I had to work up. You know how that goes..
Long time ago they used to break whatever was in the way during surgery and your face and eyes was black for the longest time as it healed. They no longer do that now at least.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I’ve never met an ophthalmologist who went for LASIK... all those fuckers still wear glasses lol

I’ve also always found it weird that the burden for approval for medical devices and procedures seems a lot less stringent than for medications, but I may just be imagining things.

I had laser eye surgery in 2007, can't remember what type. It is still one of the best things I've ever done, BUT, I do need daily eye drops for dry eyes first thing in the morning and obviously will for the rest of my life

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
My turbinates are huge and obstruct my sinus depending how inflamed they are that day, but I refuse to get sinus surgery to trim them. I know some guys here had good experiences but I just dislike medical intervention unless its live-saving after some bad experiences in 2014 with skin related health problems I had to work up. You know how that goes..

This is an outpatient procedure - meaning, a turbinate reduction is done in the office with lidocaine jelly in your nose. I've had this done. Takes about 15-20 minutes. I got a little woozy after having a large nose bleed from it (I never get them), but that was it. You don't need any form of anesthesia aside from the lidocaine.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My fingers now all the time. Looks like I got out of a pool. I didn't. It's very painful. Blood work says I'm not dehydrated and I average a dozen 17oz. bottles of water a day. First it started out years ago feeling like my skin was too tight. Now it feels like a 100 major paper cuts. Sucks.

Attachments

• Fingeers.jpg
    Fingeers.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 31

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My fingers now all the time. Looks like I got out of a pool. I didn't. It's very painful. Blood work says I'm not dehydrated and I average a dozen 17oz. bottles of water a day. First it started out years ago feeling like my skin was too tight. Now it feels like a 100 major paper cuts. Sucks.

Is it worse in the cold? Could be Raynaud phenomenon if so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The long prescription of doxycycline seems to have worked. There was one day, about 4-5 days after I started that course, that it felt like I'd been stabbed. I honestly was afraid that I;d have to go to the ER. But next day...no pain, and it's not been back.

I had my 2nd Pfizer Biontech shot on Friday, and I've been fucking miserable all weekend. Saturday was fever, chills, muscle aches, headaches, etc. I'd heard people talk about feeling really sick from the 2nd shot, and I was hoping it was just a fluke.

I've been in bed so much this weekend that my lower back is killing me and I had to get up for a bit.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The long prescription of doxycycline seems to have worked. There was one day, about 4-5 days after I started that course, that it felt like I'd been stabbed. I honestly was afraid that I;d have to go to the ER. But next day...no pain, and it's not been back.

I had my 2nd Pfizer Biontech shot on Friday, and I've been fucking miserable all weekend. Saturday was fever, chills, muscle aches, headaches, etc. I'd heard people talk about feeling really sick from the 2nd shot, and I was hoping it was just a fluke.

I've been in bed so much this weekend that my lower back is killing me and I had to get up for a bit.
1619390806754.gif

You may be doing that exercise and staying healthy thing too creatively.

• 2Worf

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

?

Don't know what to really tell ya. =P

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
is this thing good? i got it last week cuz the apple watch beeped for my wife saying she spiked to 140 (and hasn't since)
78f6ef9e3c8fa73aff2d7c858e73f153.png

it has the most "stuff" outta the omron brand, i also got some other one w/ more reviews...
289f1354b23065be0aff470facd0da95.png

like how the hell does this have more reviews than omron? then i saw why when i opened it...

inside it had one of those "if you leave a positive review, we'll give you a gift card..."

so i'm gonna return this one for sure at least

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I use an Omron and its been accurate for years and years. Not that model, little more older.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Have you had the vaccine yet/recentlyish?

• 2Worf

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Just take it slow. The recovery is prolonged, as you expect. For the first 9 months I actually felt worse than before the surgery. I ended up going back to BJJ against the advice of ortho and PT because I figured if I was going to be miserable I might as well try being active and miserable. Surprisingly, the increased movement helped a LOT, and almost immediately. What I had thought was bone pain was actually tendinitis, for which there's a definite sweet spot of moderately strenuous activity.

This surgery does a great deal of violence to the joint, and the tissues in there can have very poor vascularization and healing rates. My bad hip continued to improve (slowly) for as long as 18 months post-op.
As an update, I'm glad everyone I've talked to has emphasized to take it slowly. Almost 4 weeks post op and I'm still not able to walk without a limp and the hip feels really "tight" when I use it. Only sharp pain I get is muscle spasms after exercises or during stretching if the range of motion gets pushed to its limit. Once I can walk and pick up my kids again I don't really care if it takes a year to get back to sports but man is it frustrating being useless around the house for a month straight.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
man is it frustrating being useless around the house for a month straight

Heh, I hear that. I was on crutches for eight weeks for my right hip. I literally tied a rope around my waist and pulled a cart around the house just so I was able to move anything at all from one place to another.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are you referring to a disconnect between ejaculation and orgasm? Ejaculation without orgasm?

Are you circumcised by chance? There are symptoms of circumcision that can present with age typically by the decade as you get older. Mostly in the 45+ to 50+ year old mark.

I think you're onto something here. I've heard that circumcision can and does damage the frenulum, which is the most sensitive part. I got circumsized pretty late, as I mentioned before. Now that I'm paying more attention to it, the frenulum has like nonexistent sensitivity wheras when I was younger I remember it being a major contributor to orgasm sensitivity.

I still think the vas was fucked-up and caused discomfort in the base/sack area that wasn't there before, but a lot of my sensitivity-loss may well be from the circumcision and it was just a delayed effect that happened to coincide with the same phase when I got the vas a few years later. Because I can say for sure that the frenulum is basically nothing for sensitivity now compared to ten years ago.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think you're onto something here. I've heard that circumcision can and does damage the frenulum, which is the most sensitive part. I got circumsized pretty late, as I mentioned before. Now that I'm paying more attention to it, the frenulum has like nonexistent sensitivity wheras when I was younger I remember it being a major contributor to orgasm sensitivity.

I still think the vas was fucked-up and caused discomfort in the base/sack area that wasn't there before, but a lot of my sensitivity-loss may well be from the circumcision and it was just a delayed effect that happened to coincide with the same phase when I got the vas a few years later. Because I can say for sure that the frenulum is basically nothing for sensitivity now compared to ten years ago.

Don't get too hung up on the frenulum though, and understate the role of the ridged band-- the foreskin on the left and right sides where the foreskin bunches up a bit where it's a little banded in texture and appearance when placed below the glans like a seatbelt around the tip.

The ridged band is where you charge up a lot of orgasm sensation prior to the frenulum trigger point for the actual ejaculation. A circumcised guy can still "charge up" a big orgasm (only when done when near orgasm when the nerves are most sensitive, prior to this applying focus or pressure to a circumcised ridged band is entirely worthless) usually by focusing on the ridged band (choking the chicken a bit literally) with more pressure needed to stimulate it of course since the actual complete nerves aren't there.

Looser circumcisions can retain some ok ridged band sensation. Tight cuts (standard hospital delivery emergency procedure) will be less likely to be loose and less of what's left of the ridged band but the region can be stimulated to varying degrees for both circumcised and uncircumcised.

The ridged band is thought to be where you keep track when building up an orgasm. Circumcised can get premature ejaculation and or no orgasm simply because the amount of stimulation isn't able to be detected.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Don't get too hung up on the frenulum though, and understate the role of the ridged band-- the foreskin on the left and right sides where the foreskin bunches up a bit where it's a little banded in texture and appearance when placed below the glans like a seatbelt around the tip.

The ridged band is where you charge up a lot of orgasm sensation prior to the frenulum trigger point for the actual ejaculation. A circumcised guy can still "charge up" a big orgasm (only when done when near orgasm when the nerves are most sensitive, prior to this applying focus or pressure to a circumcised ridged band is entirely worthless) usually by focusing on the ridged band (choking the chicken a bit literally) with more pressure needed to stimulate it of course since the actual complete nerves aren't there.

Looser circumcisions can retain some ok ridged band sensation. Tight cuts (standard hospital delivery emergency procedure) will be less likely to be loose and less of what's left of the ridged band but the region can be stimulated to varying degrees for both circumcised and uncircumcised.

The ridged band is thought to be where you keep track when building up an orgasm. Circumcised can get premature ejaculation and or no orgasm simply because the amount of stimulation isn't able to be detected.

Yeah I've got the ridged band sensitivity going on, at least. The best orgasms I've had post-vas were all with this one woman who focused on that area specifically when doing things down there. So maybe an adjustment of tactics is in order.

I would, no lie, give up all of my money and earthly possessions to have my dick be what it was in 2005 or so. I mean, not just functioning better, but also before I had nerves get destroyed by doctors. Everything felt like 10x better then. On the bright side I can last for like 20-30 minutes no with no issue compared to back then when it was more like 2-3 unless I took evasive measures to not blow up early.

Not so fun fact about circumcision: When I got it as an adult, for some insane reason they didn't put me to sleep for the procedure. So I was basically like full-body numb and could still feel a bit of pain despite that, plus a constant sensation of needing to vomit, for like 45 minutes. They had me sniff alcohol to get rid of the vomit sensation. Why they didn't put me to sleep for that procedure is beyond me. I toughed it out, and after I left...well, it's hard to describe, but I had this euphoria for a few hours where I had this deep, massive appreciation for everyone around me. Called my GF and told her I loved her and it felt like I MEANT it more than any time I'd said it before.

It was like being high on narcotics, except about 10 times better and without the wooziness. Just overpowered with appreciation for everything in nature and everyone else. I've never replicated that or been able to figure out what caused it. The numbing agents? Maybe a morphine drip? Just going through the trauma of the operation, then being outside / around people again? I can't say for sure. It was one of the nicest days of my life though, despite having such a horrible morning. Like I forgave everyone I'd ever met for anything they'd ever done, that kind of feeling.