Health Problems

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I do something called dosimetry. Basically in radiation therapy I'm the guy who figures out how to get the radiation to the right area without causing too much damage.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do something called dosimetry. Basically in radiation therapy I'm the guy who figures out how to get the radiation to the right area without causing too much damage.
I have always wanted to ask a dosimetrist... how the hell did you end up in that line of work? Like did you study physics in college or something? How does anyone outside of a Rad Onc department even know that job exists in the first place?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I got in it just like you imagined. I started as an orderly in a nursing home, moved on to be an orderly in an operating room. Got pissed at my station in life, went to school to be an x-ray tech (2 years of school), worked in a level 1 emergency room, decided to continue on as a radiation therapy tech (2 years of school), found out about dosimetry from that. Back then you could train on the job, so I did. Found out I have a knack for 3 dimensional thinking and I'm good with computers(probably from online gaming) and am reasonably good at math. Passed boards the first time, eventually taught in the masters program at lacrosse. I think most smart people find out about it, find out the salary and go...WTF I'm in.

Now most people are doing Masters programs. I miss x-ray and miss teaching former x-ray techs dosimetry. They were usually the best students.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So all year I've been killing it at working out, staying active, hiking, biking, weights, etc. Feeling really good about myself. Pumpatorium maximum.

Then a couple weeks I got hit with a flu (covid negative) for a week, followed by just plain exhaustion. And now into this third week since, I just feel fucking depressed. Like I had every ounce of seratonin drained from me. I'm not sure how to get back into my routine. I'm just in a nasty funk all of a sudden and it super blows.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
So all year I've been killing it at working out, staying active, hiking, biking, weights, etc. Feeling really good about myself. Pumpatorium maximum.

Then a couple weeks I got hit with a flu (covid negative) for a week, followed by just plain exhaustion. And now into this third week since, I just feel fucking depressed. Like I had every ounce of seratonin drained from me. I'm not sure how to get back into my routine. I'm just in a nasty funk all of a sudden and it super blows.
Inertia gets worse the older you get. Don't beat yourself up, just start easy. Do something, anything, to increase your activity again. Force yourself if you have to. You'll be going full stream ahead in no time. It's feels stupid if you are already fit to do something easy but honestly it's the best path to getting going again.

My issue usually revolves around progress. I have resolved to be content with a certain level of strength because more isn't a good goal. Staying static is boring. Changing the focus or order of the routine seems like the best solution. How to shape that is difficult.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Yeah makes sense. I just gotta stay vigilant. Might have to get coffee back in the routine again.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So I got some sort of bug bite on my elbow last week. Really picked at it to pop it because it hurt and thought getting whatever was in it out would help.

Now it’s pretty much healed up but there seems to be a cyst that developed under the skin where it was. Very weird. Doesn’t hurt or anything. Just a small cyst, noticeable bump. Worth going to the doc over or maybe it’ll go away?

Crazy doc Izo Izo what do you think?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
So I got some sort of bug bite on my elbow last week. Really picked at it to pop it because it hurt and thought getting whatever was in it out would help.

Now it’s pretty much healed up but there seems to be a cyst that developed under the skin where it was. Very weird. Doesn’t hurt or anything. Just a small cyst, noticeable bump. Worth going to the doc over or maybe it’ll go away?

Crazy doc Izo Izo what do you think?
That's probably just an egg sack, they'll hatch and it'll heal up eventually.

Is it hard, mobile etc. Since you said it's not painful my money's on a fluid sack. If I had the free time and it didn't cost anything I'd go to my gp. Since it's such a small thing is probably try to get some other regular thing taken care of at the same time. Annual fasting cholesterol or whatever.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
That's probably just an egg sack, they'll hatch and it'll heal up eventually.

Is it hard, mobile etc. Since you said it's not painful my money's on a fluid sack. If I had the free time and it didn't cost anything I'd go to my gp. Since it's such a small thing is probably try to get some other regular thing taken care of at the same time. Annual fasting cholesterol or whatever.
Think it’s fluid filled. You can squeeze it and I guess it’s “mobile”.

You’re kidding about the eggs right?

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Never understood the desire to pick at shit on the skin. All you're doing is increasing the risk of getting a staph infection which almost always leads to cellulitis.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Never understood the desire to pick at shit on the skin. All you're doing is increasing the risk of getting a staph infection which almost always leads to cellulitis.
Ok I goofed. This doesn’t help. It’s just a cyst - not red, not painful, etc.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
A few weeks ago I started waking up after 2-3 hours of sleep and not being able to get back to sleep. So I would eventually get out of bed and end up sleeping again during the day. Even the days when I forced myself to stay awake during the day would not enable me to get a full nights sleep.

I tried over the counter meds but they didn't help. Was also prescribed Zopiclone, but that didn't help either

I was away from 28 August to 6 September and slept like a baby the entire time, over eight hours of sleep a night with few interruptions. It wasn't a holiday, because I still had to get up and work from my airbnb. I was still exercising. I was eating more and eating more carbs, but those are the only real differences. The airbnb was also much brighter than my bedroom.

Came home and instantly back to 3-4 hours of sleep a night

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rick james cocaine GIF
Happy Season 6 GIF by The Simpsons
flying jet lag GIF
Stressed Over It GIF by HULU
Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Many possibilites, Ossoi Ossoi

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
rick james cocaine GIF
Happy Season 6 GIF by The Simpsons
flying jet lag GIF
Stressed Over It GIF by HULU
Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Many possibilites, Ossoi Ossoi

I can't sleep at home. I don't party, drink or do drugs at home in the UK

I slept like a baby abroad. I had one night out, stuck to alcohol, slept most of the day after and still slept 8 hours plus on a normal schedule all week

Came home and Insta insomnia again

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I can't sleep at home. I don't party, drink or do drugs at home in the UK

I slept like a baby abroad. I had one night out, stuck to alcohol, slept most of the day after and still slept 8 hours plus on a normal schedule all week

Came home and Insta insomnia again
Unresolved issues? Depression?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Unresolved issues? Depression?

There's nothing different except the location.

I don't have anything in the room except the bed. I have blackout curtains.

I stopped consuming caffeine after midday

The only possible difference is spending more time on my desktop pc at home, and less time on my laptop abroad.

The only thing I can think of is that it's psychological at this point, but that doesn't explain why it suddenly started a few weeks ago

• 2Like