Health Problems

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats crazy.

"Also, thanks for not posting any additional pictures"

- Sincerly, the Chinese Food I ate not long ago.
I think there's not much more to share since it's healing instead of worsening. Just all pink flesh with fat layer which much of that got removed since it dried up. free partial lipo!

This fucking machine though making random wet facts when it burps itself I'll never get over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a terrible cough for about 5-6 months now. Progressively getting worse. I wake up in the middle of the night several times with a big coughing fit. My throat hurts like hell, my sleep is affected. Doctor can't figure out why I'm coughing. Haven't been smoking, for about two months now, and my cough has only gotten worse in that time. Driving me crazy, on top of all my other aches and pains. About to my wits end. So sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've had a terrible cough for about 5-6 months now. Progressively getting worse. I wake up in the middle of the night several times with a big coughing fit. My throat hurts like hell, my sleep is affected. Doctor can't figure out why I'm coughing. Haven't been smoking, for about two months now, and my cough has only gotten worse in that time. Driving me crazy, on top of all my other aches and pains. About to my wits end. So sick and tired of being sick and tired.
LPR?
If that was regular heartburn you'd have noticed, but LPR can be silent until it's a major pita.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
LPR?
If that was regular heartburn you'd have noticed, but LPR can be silent until it's a major pita.
That was my doctor's latest guess. I'm back on Omeprazole. My symptoms have only gotten worse since starting it tho. Also, the only symptom I have that matches LPR is the coughing... I don't have the bitter / sour taste, don't have the sensation of a lump in my throat, don't have excessive mucous, don't have difficulty swallowing. I've got a sore throat and a hoarse voice, but I feel as if those are due to the coughing itself.

Gurgeh

That was my doctor's latest guess. I'm back on Omeprazole. My symptoms have only gotten worse since starting it tho. Also, the only symptom I have that matches LPR is the coughing... I don't have the bitter / sour taste, don't have the sensation of a lump in my throat, don't have excessive mucous, don't have difficulty swallowing. I've got a sore throat and a hoarse voice, but I feel as if those are due to the coughing itself.
You might want to add Gaviscon to the deal for lpr, it can't hurt and will help, especialy if it's a non acidic reflux.
Unlike Omeprazol it's very safe...
You can try gargling some baking soda, if you feel instant relief, it's probably that your pain is caused by pepsin coming up your throat. (Which sodium bicarbonate disable).

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You might want to add Gaviscon to the deal for lpr, it can't hurt and will help, especialy if it's a non acidic reflux.
Unlike Omeprazol it's very safe...
You can try gargling some baking soda, if you feel instant relief, it's probably that your pain is caused by pepsin coming up your throat. (Which sodium bicarbonate disable).
I don't actually have any pain, is the weird thing. The coughing is for the most part the only symptom.

Gurgeh

If the sore throat appeared before or shortly after the cough, it's quite unlikely to be cancer or anything in the lung.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Back in agony and I'm scared to even ask Dr for pain pills as I know they are jumpy about giving out any. Still waiting on insurance limbo for my surgery. /rustle Hurts even laying in bed etc, used to be primarily at work in my gun belt.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just came home from surgery for tinnitus and looks like it didn’t work. They cut two tendons one of which may have partially damaged my sense of taste but I just had a hot chocolate and it was great. If I don’t appreciate a gay French wine anymore then nothing of value was lost.

Anyhow I admit I feel like a dick complaining about tinnitus when there’s literal brain tumors and radiation talk happening , but as an American I feel like it’s my prerogative to moan about myself while others suffer immeasurably. Been dealing with this buzzing for 15 years and my wife is sick of this shit she’s had around her like noise generators which I’ve been using to dampen the buzz and although it’s just a few hours after surgery, the surgeon said if i didn’t get immediate relief then I’m probably fucked. Genuinely surprised as we both thought this would be curative. Kind of a cool surgery too as you have to use incredibly tiny and complex devices to get a camera up in the deeper parts of your ear , then the worlds tiniest knife to sever a muscle literally as thick as a hair.

on the plus side I’ve never had anesthesia before and was worried but I have zero nausea and feel overall ok, just a bit weak. Other than not straining too hard taking a dump or picking up my daughter or running or flying for next two weeks, am not gonna be that restricted. Also supposed to be careful to keep ear dry in shower but prolly just not bathe/do sponge baths instead. Oh and my throats just a little sore despite never having and an Trach tube until now, surprisingly. It’s like I just have a naturally wide relaxed throat

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Back in agony and I'm scared to even ask Dr for pain pills as I know they are jumpy about giving out any. Still waiting on insurance limbo for my surgery. /rustle Hurts even laying in bed etc, used to be primarily at work in my gun belt.
Kratom, bruv!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just came home from surgery for tinnitus and looks like it didn’t work. They cut two tendons one of which may have partially damaged my sense of taste but I just had a hot chocolate and it was great. If I don’t appreciate a gay French wine anymore then nothing of value was lost.

Anyhow I admit I feel like a dick complaining about tinnitus when there’s literal brain tumors and radiation talk happening , but as an American I feel like it’s my prerogative to moan about myself while others suffer immeasurably. Been dealing with this buzzing for 15 years and my wife is sick of this shit she’s had around her like noise generators which I’ve been using to dampen the buzz and although it’s just a few hours after surgery, the surgeon said if i didn’t get immediate relief then I’m probably fucked. Genuinely surprised as we both thought this would be curative. Kind of a cool surgery too as you have to use incredibly tiny and complex devices to get a camera up in the deeper parts of your ear , then the worlds tiniest knife to sever a muscle literally as thick as a hair.

on the plus side I’ve never had anesthesia before and was worried but I have zero nausea and feel overall ok, just a bit weak. Other than not straining too hard taking a dump or picking up my daughter or running or flying for next two weeks, am not gonna be that restricted. Also supposed to be careful to keep ear dry in shower but prolly just not bathe/do sponge baths instead. Oh and my throats just a little sore despite never having and an Trach tube until now, surprisingly. It’s like I just have a naturally wide relaxed throat
Tinnitus is a unique form of suffering, no worries venting about it here. I've got it bad myself... Have had constant blaring tinnitus for the past 6 years, since my high dose cisplatin chemotherapy / stem cell transplant. Literally hasn't let up for a second.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

not a contest, complain away. Hopefully by weeks end you get some sort of relief.

I honestly feel like a 'stolen valor' faker as I have/had(?) a 'good type' of brain tumor. I cannot even get a straight answer about if it was cancer or not so I stick to tumor so I don't come off like a shit head.

Besides, them gross ass spider bite pics have us all beat.

• 1Like

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
not a contest, complain away. Hopefully by weeks end you get some sort of relief.

I honestly feel like a 'stolen valor' faker as I have/had(?) a 'good type' of brain tumor. I cannot even get a straight answer about if it was cancer or not so I stick to tumor so I don't come off like a shit head.

The mass in your skull was real. The anxiety and fear you must have felt about your own mortality and future was real. The radiation was real.

Trust me dude, no stolen Valor. You had real as shit cancer and you beat it.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Whether it was cancer or not, it could have killed you. I had an uncle die about 15 years ago from a non cancerous brain tumor. It just grew large enough to incapacitate him and by the time a curious neighbor checked in on him the damage was done and he was dead a month later.

Shit's real and scary and I'm glad things are going well for you.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Whether it was cancer or not, it could have killed you. I had an uncle die about 15 years ago from a non cancerous brain tumor. It just grew large enough to incapacitate him and by the time a curious neighbor checked in on him the damage was done and he was dead a month later.

Shit's real and scary and I'm glad things are going well for you.
Wife found me on the floor having a seizure, not sure what would have happened if she wasn't home. Really glad it didn't happen while I was driving.

Appreciate the kind words it's just weird. I 100% believe in YGWYFD but this was totally out of the blue.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So about a month ago my elderly Mother managed to get herself a compressed vertebrae fracture in her lumbar region. She ended up in hospital, but is back home now but has a walker. However, she still is in great pain and needs help with almost everything. She's been told that a whole range of things, from she'll be up and about in about 6 weeks from the event, to she'll be in pain and have difficulties for the rest of her life. Honestly, I have no idea what to make of it. Does anyone here have any experience with this among themselves or family? Any tips or advice?