Health Problems

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk Wife still doing well?

It's a miserable process. Pain level is up and down, and she's still draining a lot of fluid. But she's still up and active and eating. I think there is progress, but she still has staples in and is incredibly sensitive. We had friends come to stay with us this weekend. The wife is a doctor and she helped my wife to clean everything and made sure the surgical site was as it should be. That was very reassuring for both of us.

Our kids are still freaking the fuck out, but I can see progress toward calming down.

In general she is doing about as expected. Thanks for asking.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Staples in the back suck
Staples in the skull/head really suck

I can only imagine what staples in the front feel like.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I tried googling cock staples. Don't.
Well I had to !

GIS 'cock staples'
download.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a miserable process. Pain level is up and down, and she's still draining a lot of fluid. But she's still up and active and eating. I think there is progress, but she still has staples in and is incredibly sensitive. We had friends come to stay with us this weekend. The wife is a doctor and she helped my wife to clean everything and made sure the surgical site was as it should be. That was very reassuring for both of us.

Our kids are still freaking the fuck out, but I can see progress toward calming down.

In general she is doing about as expected. Thanks for asking.
My wife had constant sharp bits of pain when she tried to move in certain ways for a large chunk of the healing process. She was starting to freak out that it was some nerve or something that would be there forever. She got really down about it. Turned out it was the staples themselves. When they came out she was almost instantly better and the surgical doctors were like "oh I wish you had told us, we probably could have fixed it". Well we told the fucking oncology team and they were just "yeah its the healing process and it's potentially permanent you'll just have to hope PT resolves it"

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
My wife had constant sharp bits of pain when she tried to move in certain ways for a large chunk of the healing process. She was starting to freak out that it was some nerve or something that would be there forever. She got really down about it. Turned out it was the staples themselves. When they came out she was almost instantly better and the surgical doctors were like "oh I wish you had told us, we probably could have fixed it". Well we told the fucking oncology team and they were just "yeah its the healing process and it's potentially permanent you'll just have to hope PT resolves it"

Doctors are universally worthless and don't listen to anyone about anything.

When my youngest was born, she was like a week past term or something, IIRC. We're in the delivery room getting ready to go and the ex says "something's wrong, this doesn't feel right." They were like "yeah, you're having a baby, that's how it's supposed to feel." Doc finally catches the kid, who was over 10lbs and says, and I quote "oof, this shoulda been a C-section."

Ex flipped her fucking shit. "I FUCKING TOLD YOU"

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Update on my wife: she had the drains removed yesterday and felt instantly better. And this morning we received the pathology report and it looks like they got 100% of the cancer, so no chemo!

Best morning ever.

• 29Like
Reactions: 28 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Update on my wife: she had the drains removed yesterday and felt instantly better. And this morning we received the pathology report and it looks like they got 100% of the cancer, so no chemo!

Best morning ever.

Good stuff, great news. Also, you should hop on over to the Fuck Cancer thread for Lumi's latest treatment option

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Best morning ever.
Man that is fucking awesome! Especially the part about no chemo. I go tomorrow to get set up for 3/6 treatment.

• 3Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Since we're all about cancer/treatment updates lately...

My sister has 9 days left on her initial run of radiation+chemo. One month off then back to one week per month for 6-12 months. Handling it pretty well so far.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Best morning ever.

Similar to how things went with my mom, except she only needed a lumpectomy instead of mastectomy. 1 week of radiation twice a day and the main treatment was over.

Her problems came afterwards. Hers was a hormone driven cancer, so she was put on Tamoxifen to reduce the chance of it coming back. Unfortunately the adverse effects made life miserable for her. They eventually settled on discontinuing it and went with more frequent mammograms.

It's been 5 years and things are still looking good for her. Hopefully the worst is over for your wife.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I guess I genuinely did get upstaged since aint nobody got time for lung and chest abscesses with the spotlight on boob cancer.

Glad your wife is feeling better Dirk.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Since we're all about cancer/treatment updates lately...

My sister has 9 days left on her initial run of radiation+chemo. One month off then back to one week per month for 6-12 months. Handling it pretty well so far.
Best of luck with your sister. I'm on month 3/6 chemo myself. Went today, they are upping it another 100mg (450 total) and that is max for my weight. I've been able to tolerate them ok so far as long as I take the anti nausea meds.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will say that having a big ass divot carved out of your chest is really goddamn irritating.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Getting TMBB Nerve Blocking done to spine in a few hours to L4 5 6 7 8 9. Will let you know the suck after.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users