Healthcare / science careers

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
If you do a search for "ICD-10 DSM V crosswalk" a lot of decent info (you have to weed through a little) comes up.

I review and approve or deny what is known as an ICF-DD level of care form as completed by service coordinators/casemanagers to determine if people are eligible for specific Medicaid Waiver funds The state of Mo is so ridiculously behind they still have some ICD 9 dx listed because they haven't enough qualified people determining what the ICD 10 should be. This does not always work well because there is a list of specific dx that will qualify a person for the Waiver and many that will disqualify them.

BTW - the OCD code through Sept 30 2016 was F42 for several versions of the OCD dx: 1 Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (new code as of 10/1/16 is F42.2) Unspecified obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders (new code beginning 101/16 is F42.9) and Other Specified Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorder (new code s of 10/1/16 is F42.8)

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
That's what drives me crazy. The DSM diagnosis is obsessive compulsive disorder. The coder argues that the f42.0 code is "ocd unspecified" and insurance won't pay. It's stupid, because we don't use an OCD unspecified diagnosis when we treat patients, and I certainly don't want to use "mixed obsessional thoughts and acts" as a diagnosis because there is no criteria for that diagnosis. This belongs in the Rustled jimmies thread...

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like I said, adding unnecessary complexity to justify not paying for shit. That's all it is.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
CMS talks out of both sides of its mouth. It is extremely frustrating.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user