Hearthstone

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Actually Itzena raises a good point about Finley, he'll probably work very nicely in Murloc Shaman. And I'm kinda scared for the Rag or Jaraxxas hero power on turn 2.
I didn't get to see the whole presentation but did they say you could get non hero powers?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Im not that sold on the discover mechanic quite yet either. What percentage of cards you can chose from you would want vs how many you could get be complete crap. While there are cards you would want in your deck but don't due to the 30 card limit how many more are there that you most certainly don't. I haven't played at all since christmas tree showed up so not really sure if i'll grab this now or wait till I have more interest in hearthstone again.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Finley is pretty great, to be honest. If your opponent is more aggressive than you, pick Druid, Warrior, or Priest to heal yourself. It also functions as a turn 1 1/3 to eat aggro minions. Against a controlling opponent, you can pick Paladin, Hunter, or Warlock. Late game it won't be terrible because it probably resets your hero power letting you use it twice in one turn. It's also really versatile against stuff your opponent could have. If you need to remove a divine shield or get rid of a 1-toughness minion, you're >75% to get a hero power that can do that. It clears Mirror Entity/Repentance as well.

Just think of how many decks this thing randomly destroys. If you're playing Freeze Mage and they get the Warrior hero power, you can basically concede right there. Face Hunter never beats this on turn 1 either. A lot of decks simply have no chance to win anymore if you pull the Warlock hero power too. It's excellent for Druid, Shaman, and Mage since they don't tend to rely on synergy with their hero power much if at all.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well Arch-thief is the new mistcaller with all the baddies on other forums, saying "new meta", "so OP", etc

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
how would he be good in freeze mage? Maybe I am misreading the card, if it works late in a game and you don't have any doubles left to draw but I read it as no doubles at all.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Current freeze mage is usually about making it to your combo pieces, but we've seen fatigue freeze mage before. Healing up to full health the turn after your Ice Block pops seems useful.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
As someone who has played hundreds of games of freeze mage you couldn't be more wrong tbh. So many critical cards you need doubles of. Scientist, Frost Nova, Fireball, Ice Lance, Frost Bolt,Ice Block. Plus a lot of the time you get lethalled they have a full board and could do another 30 damage the next turn.

Actually I guess the ice block thing doesn't matter due to the nature of the card but still.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
As someone who has played hundreds of games of freeze mage you couldn't be more wrong tbh. So many critical cards you need doubles of. Scientist, Frost Nova, Fireball, Ice Lance, Frost Bolt,Ice Block. Plus a lot of the time you get lethalled they have a full board and could do another 30 damage the next turn.

Actually I guess the ice block thing doesn't matter due to the nature of the card but still.
Yeah I think this is the mistake people are making. You can have doubles of cards in your deck, just not when he's played.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ostkaka playing very well, haven't seen any mistakes and has made some sick plays.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What a match, ostkaka getting Alex on the turn he needed it or loose was crazy

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He had a full board and thijs had froze all of them so he eviscerated one his creatures to play loatheb so thijs couldn't flamestike the next turn

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So I just started this game the last week, what should I be spending my gold on? Basic packs, naxx, black rock?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Looking at the new cards, I don't know if it addresses the current meta too much. It's obvious that they are trying to slow the game down but it looks increasing like that Aggro is still king. They would need to introduce more early game ultra defensive cards like Sludge Belcher to help the game to slow down.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So I just started this game the last week, what should I be spending my gold on? Basic packs, naxx, black rock?
I would say save up for Naxx first if you don't want to pay for it. A lot of very important cards in that set.